Alrighty - X-Men2: X-Men United - Who Saw It?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is already a thread about this in Zoo confessionals.

Merger anyone?

I saw the movie, it's a lot better than the first one!!

I saw it Saturday night.....and I must say....it was awesome!

I might just go see it again. Very well done.

Edgeman said:
I saw it Saturday night.....and I must say....it was awesome!

I might just go see it again. Very well done.

Yeah, I think I'd enjoy seeing it again too.

I loved the little inside things only comic geeks, and fans of the cartoon would get....needless to say, I got most of them.

Dr. Hank McCoy anyone?

Edgeman said:
I loved the little inside things only comic geeks, and fans of the cartoon would get....needless to say, I got most of them.

Dr. Hank McCoy anyone?

That was a very Beastly comment Edgeman :wink:. Yes, unfortunately I caught those references too. The movie was very good... since it's left open for a sequel, hopefully the next will be just as well constructed.

Edgeman said:

Dr. Hank McCoy anyone?

How true! I loved it. Nightcrawler is the shit! *BAMPF!!!*

Yes, saw it, it rawks. Just curious? When was Beasty McCoy in the flick, cause that's something I was actually looking for. I did notice that Remy LeBeau was in Stryker's computer system, hopefully that means Gambit will be in the next one. Also, anybody think they'll try to pull off the Phoenix saga in one movie?

I saw it last night and loved it!!!

I have to admit, though, there was too much information. I think if you weren't a fan, you would have been a little lost. (I'm a long time X-Men fan.) I also wish they could have given more screentime to Nightcrawler and Cyclops (Cyclops is hardly in the movie.) Magneto and Wolverine were wicked cool, as always. And I was glad to see Storm step it up with her powers, she was really useless in the first movie, but not in this one.

I highly recommened it! (But be sure you've seen the first movie before you go see X2.)

UnforgettableLemon said:
Yes, saw it, it rawks. Just curious? When was Beasty McCoy in the flick, cause that's something I was actually looking for. I did notice that Remy LeBeau was in Stryker's computer system, hopefully that means Gambit will be in the next one. Also, anybody think they'll try to pull off the Phoenix saga in one movie?

I didn't notice Remy LeBeau....must have been when the shape shifter (I know her name, but I can't spell it) was rooting around for the plans to cerebo.

Dr. Hank McCoy was mentiond in the bar scene with the security guard and a cameo by Rebecca-romain Stamos as "herself"....I thought that was very well done to get her some non blue time on screen.

About the Phoenix saga.....I think they might have to tweek it so that there is no space travel garbage to turn off the non book/cartoon fans. I however would love to see it....I was going crazy when I saw the flame in her eyes....then around her body...then swimming....loved it!

I read and article that said something about there being seperate movies...along with sequels. Something like that would be cool for wolverine (which would make major money) or maybe even the Phoenix saga. I think anything they do now is going to be gold....as long as they can keep up the quality they had in this one.

I never read the comics but I really enjoyed the first film; even if it had a pretty tame storyline it was rescued by the characters I cared about and wanted to see more of. Well this new one was simply awesome! Not a single cringeworthy one-liner in sight, great special effects, no time wasted on introducing everyone, and did I mention how incredibly hot Wolverine is despite his ridiculous facial hair, :)?

Wolverine rocked! loved the movie, don't know what the hell you people are talking about with the whole Phoenix saga. whatever. still rocked!

X-men= AMAZING

X2= AMAZINGER!!!

I don't think anyone could be bored by this movie because it's so entertaining and you really don't have to be a fan of the comics to appreciate it. If you are a fan, the adventure is only funner. The cast was great again. Some of the best moments happen in the mansion. All I can say is, Colossus. *bows*

I'm hoping for some Gambit in the third movie so the games can begin!!

it would rock if gambit was in the next movie...

but i wonder how their going to pull off the phoenix...the next one should be intresting to say the least....

i saw it.. thought it was supercool. don't really know the comics at all, i was vaguely lost at times but not really. i'm pretty sure there was a lot of things i didn't get at all, i just didn't notice not getting them.

saw it yesterday. it was enjoyable mindless summer fare, but the dialogue wasn't half bad and the effects were good fun. Loveth Ian McKellen, he's always damn good. And I won't say I minded Hugh Jackman either. :sexywink: Purely from a film standpoint, I would say it ran just a tad too long at the end. But overall, :up:

I enjoyed this movie!

It is much better than the first X-Men film, I think. But for me they are not as good as the LOTR movies.

Last edited:
Definately worth seeing:wave: :up: :up: Cannot wait til the 3rd movie....I think it is going to be out next year possibly starting the pheonix saga and the intro of many more x-maen including gambit and The beast. At least that is what i have read in rumors

i thought it was really awesome...i grew up watching that animated show....really cool to see it in the theaters

I saw it...having never seen the first, but having known a bit about the comics. Came home, watched the first, went back and saw X2 again. I am in love with this series, I swear. I mean, okay, I'm in love with Hugh Jackman, but the series as a whole turned out to be quite impressive. I even enjoyed the story line...a nice twist on dealing with prejudice from a different point of view.

Did anyone notice the end...when Jean Grey was speaking "Mutation. It is the key to our evolution" and how they zoomed in on the water....there seemed to be this weird light casting a pattern on the water. At first I couldn't figure it out, but then I thought it sort of looked like a bird....

AND....Stryker told Wolverine that he volunteered for the project, but from what I remember, wasn't he taken against his will? And did Professor X have something to do with it? They made it appear that way (ie. Stryker expressing, 'Wolverine...this is certainly the last place I'd expect to see you" after finding him at the school).

Hmmm...

:heart: this movie

Back
Top Bottom