Alright, whose going shopping the day after Thanksgiving?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiny dancer

Blue Crack Distributor
I don't know about you, but I never go shopping the day after Thanksgiving. I do know that some people do like to go out & do this, and I respect their decision. But to me the sales are not worth it, dealing with crowds & finding a parking space at the malls. Some of the stores around here are opening at 4 in the the morning. I find that a bit ridiculous. I used to work in retail at one time, and I know what the the sales clercks ( I really feel for them), have to go through to put up sometimes with really rude & nasty customers. To me that's what Christmas is not about. I'm sorry, I hope that I don't come across like a Scrooge, but I am curious to what your feelings are about shopping on Black Friday?

A Happy Thanksgiving to all of the USA Interference people here, and a :up: :up: :up: to all the sales clerks who have to work on that day.

I don't really care either way. Crowds don't really bother me. I never need any of the big ticket items that are on sale (can't really afford them even when they are). I've gone in the past, but I'd rather sleep in so I will only go later in the afternoon.

Our backward butts against a mall and the store closest to us, Kohl's, is opening at 4 am!!! If I felt like being conscious at that hour, I'd go back there and catcall people through the fence.

I've decided that since I haven't started shopping yet, I'm doing all of my shopping this year at our campus store at school/work. They sell everything - books, clothes, baby stuff (for new nephew), jewelry, purses (they have art students and crafty girls selling their things in the store), cheap gifts.... Then I can go during my break times at work and there won't be crowds.

We have the big shopping day on Boxing Day in Australia. As a retail worker can I just say that I haaattttee it. We spend Christmas Eve setting up the store for the sale and have to get to work really early on Boxing Day to open up:mad: I spend Christmas Day tired from the setup and can't stay late because of the early start the next day.

BIG SALES SUCK:rant:

I'm not shopping, but I am working the day after Thanksgiving. I have to be in by 530am because the mall is opening at 6 am. Getting up that early on that day, its going to be hell, I tells ya!

Liesje said:
Our backward butts against a mall and the store closest to us, Kohl's, is opening at 4 am!!! If I felt like being conscious at that hour, I'd go back there and catcall people through the fence.

If you think that's early, some are opening at midnight on Thanksgiving night....:crack:

Sicy said:
Hell no not me. I hate crowds and I hate people :mad:

:lmao: I am soooooo right there along with you, Sicy!! ESPECIALLY those insane after Thanksgiving and day after Christmas shopping days. I'd rather sit here shopping on eBay in my underwear!

I almost puked when I heard that Kohls was opening at freaking 4AM on Friday. How stupid is that!! Give your store employees a break, it's THANKSGIVING for chrissakes and they are probly gonna still be digesting their big huge dinners! :ohmy:

It makes me sick how the holidays have become so over commercialized in the retail sect. Seeing how much gifts you can buy or how much money you can spend is NOT what Christmas is all about. What is this teaching our children?

No way! Though I had to call AT&T (Wireless) today about my cellphone bill and upgrading our phones. She did mention that the store would be having a 50% off sale on upgrades on Friday. So I may try and venture over there for (and with) Maddy. Luckily it's not in a mall, it's near an Office Depot. Which is nearly next to Best Buy. So we'll see how it goes.... I will try online shopping, once I know what I need to buy!

europop2005 said:
will someone think of us poor sales associates???? :(

No, only the CONSUMER matters, not the sales people who can't spend time with their families. :rolleyes:

I work for a "unique grocery store" and so many customers asked what our Thanksgiving Day hours were, and many of them were disappointed to hear we're not open. Sorry, your 3 Buck Chuck and your frozen entrees are not as important as our families.

This is the first Black Friday since 2000 that I have not worked. My mom and I are going wedding dress shopping. :uhoh: Hopefully that's not a popular item to shop for on Black Friday.

insane in a suitcase

Headache in a Suitcase said:
no offense to anyone who is going shopping friday but i find anyone who goes shopping the day after thanksgiving to be certifiably insaine.

:yippie:

I work...but after, I need to go a return a pair of shoes sent to me in the wrong size...and I want to get that done!

In and OUT...lickety split!

I'm definitely there. I love crowds of impatient people. I just want to take in the whole scene, really study the space. Count me in.

I'm done with my shopping already. online shopping is my friend :drool: I don't really like going to the mall and I definitely can't stand crowds. I had coupons and found good deals online in the past couple of weeks so I took advantage of that and the convenience of not having to deal with crazy people. I went shopping after Thanksgiving maybe 5 years ago and I wouldn't do it again. I vaguely remember the chaos at Walmart....pushing shoving, cars parked at angles up on snowbanks :crack: no thanks. and I've also worked the day after, a long time ago when I worked at Sears. I thought being at work at 5 was bad. I can't imagine those poor Kohl's employees!

I can't imagine those poor Kohl's employees!
:sad:

That would be me. It is insane. There are a lot of our employees that have to be in at 2am! I'll be going in at 6am and I'll be lucky to get a parking spot. :|

U2Girl416 said:
I'm done with my shopping already. online shopping is my friend :drool: I don't really like going to the mall and I definitely can't stand crowds. I had coupons and found good deals online in the past couple of weeks so I took advantage of that and the convenience of not having to deal with crazy people. I went shopping after Thanksgiving maybe 5 years ago and I wouldn't do it again. I vaguely remember the chaos at Walmart....pushing shoving, cars parked at angles up on snowbanks :crack: no thanks. and I've also worked the day after, a long time ago when I worked at Sears. I thought being at work at 5 was bad. I can't imagine those poor Kohl's employees!

you've done all your christmas shoping already?

cinnaminson said:
We have the big shopping day on Boxing Day in Australia. As a retail worker can I just say that I haaattttee it. We spend Christmas Eve setting up the store for the sale and have to get to work really early on Boxing Day to open up:mad: I spend Christmas Day tired from the setup and can't stay late because of the early start the next day.

BIG SALES SUCK:rant:

Same here - in Canada, our big sales occur the day after Xmas, Boxing Day - which has turned into Boxing week over the years and really, extends until mid-January!

My friend and I are planning a trip to Plattsburgh (NY) in the coming weeks to take advantage of the strong Cdn dollar - will the sales still be on or is it a one-day thing?

Back
Top Bottom