Alright, whose going shopping the day after Thanksgiving? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-23-2007, 09:21 PM   #46
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:57 AM
Ended up going to a couple of stores due to boredom. Didn't really find anything, and one store I went to was sold out of a few things I was looking for. So I will shop online.

When the stores are open late at night, that's when I like to go, cuz its very quiet how at the mall in the burbs at that time...

Old 11-23-2007, 11:19 PM   #47
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:57 AM
Big Grin pissed

Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz

good luck with that...........
I felt motivated after work...I drove 30 miles to an outlet mall. Got three shirts for myself for under $30 (thank you Puma and Banana Republic).

Stopped at home and headed for the mall. It was DEAD! I had to return a pair of shoes I ordered and they sent the wrong size. Still pissed (I have basically donated $5 for shipping for them to screw up an order). They did not have the right size. SO, I went on a mission to find another pair. I hit a few stores in the mall, then headed to Marshalls. No luck. Finished off with a trip to Target to pick up some essentials.

No hassles anywhere!

Old 11-24-2007, 12:09 AM   #48
arw
Blue Crack Addict

My store wasn't too bad today. This is the first time in years that I've worked retail this time of year so I wasn't sure what to expect. Some people were rude about our sales but everything was clearly marked in our ads and on the sales floor so it was their fault for not reading the signs properly! I shopped myself when I was finished but didn't get too much. I want to be done with my shopping soon so I don't have to think about it anymore.

I truly think this whole opening early business is getting out of hand. It's getting earlier and earlier every year to the point that stores will probably start to stay open on Thanksgiving day! I went to the outlet mall last weekend and they were giving out coupons for "midnight madness" for last night. How ridiculous is that?

I do like to shop during this weekend because I think some stores really do offer the best prices of the season. I try not to buy anything that's not on sale because I'm usually out and about enough during the week that I can stop by the stores I like to shop in and see if my items have gone on sale yet. But for some items, this is really the best time to get them. I don't like shopping online because I'd rather deal with the hassles at the mall than pay for shipping. Two stores that I considered ordering from do not offer free shipping unless it's over $50 and that's more than I need to spend at either store.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:40 AM   #49
Refugee

Local Time: 04:57 AM
i got into work at 7:00 PM and i just got home now...the time is currently 3:30 AM
Old 11-24-2007, 11:09 AM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

I think I might get a few things today. I like shopping online but I hate paying for shipping when I could just go to the same stores at the mall, plus I'm bored.
Old 11-24-2007, 11:22 AM   #51
Blue Crack Distributor

I'll be heading out to the stores either today or tomorrow for a few things. Luckily the stores should be a little less hectic now. If not, shopping can wait another week.
Old 11-24-2007, 02:55 PM   #52
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:57 AM
My mom and I were feeling adventurous yesterday afternoon, so we went to Ann Taylor Loft in a plaza that has the potential to become a parking nightmare. We easily got a spot right near the door, picked out some clothes, went right into a fitting room, and only waited in line for 5 minutes, mostly because the two people in front of us were doing multiple transactions with returns and bill payment. The manager on duty was even talking about sending people home early. When I was still in retail a few years ago, there was always talk about how Black Friday isn't really "the big day" anymore; it's the Saturday before Christmas now.
Old 11-24-2007, 03:36 PM   #53
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:57 AM
I think the parking lot at the mall was the worst part of the day. The stores themselves didn't seem all that more crowded than any other weekend. Also our mall is under construction, so half the parking lot on one side has been closed down for many months now. Luckily I got the 2nd spot, otherwise I would have just headed out to a different store. Today, still in pajamas, so who knows...
Old 11-24-2007, 03:40 PM   #54
ONE
love, blood, life

Re: pissed, don't blame ya

Quote:
Originally posted by zonelistener

I felt motivated after work...I drove 30 miles to an outlet mall. Got three shirts for myself for under $30 (thank you Puma and Banana Republic).

Stopped at home and headed for the mall. It was DEAD! I had to return a pair of shoes I ordered and they sent the wrong size. Still pissed (I have basically donated $5 for shipping for them to screw up an order). They did not have the right size. SO, I went on a mission to find another pair. I hit a few stores in the mall, then headed to Marshalls. No luck. Finished off with a trip to Target to pick up some essentials.

No hassles anywhere!
(except for the whole shoe thing)
Old 11-24-2007, 03:42 PM   #55
ONE
love, blood, life

I did no shopping yesterday. I worked and then I came home.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:06 PM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

We went out today. Sure it was busy, but no busier than our malls usually are on any Saturday. Actually, the first mall was less busy than it usually is on an average Saturday.

We went to Old Navy so I could get presents for my family (mom, dad, and two sibs) then over to another mall to get some little trinkety things for co-worker gifts, socks for Phil and I, and Chinese take-out.

We just need something for his parents and our nephew, but I'm getting him cute baby clothes from the campus store at school.
Old 11-24-2007, 09:26 PM   #57
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by europop2005
i got into work at 7:00 PM and i just got home now...the time is currently 3:30 AM
Yep, I did 10 hours yesterday and almost 10 today.
Old 11-26-2007, 07:13 AM   #58
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

you've done all your christmas shoping already?

yes it's true and I did find a lot of great deals too, free shipping and so on. not everything I bought was on sale or I had a coupon for, but really it was worth it to me to avoid crowds. the other incentive to get done early was that I was bringing most gifts with me when I went to Virginia for Thanksgiving because I saw my parents and 2 of my 3 sisters. that helped avoid having to ship things later on
Old 11-26-2007, 02:57 PM   #59
Blue Crack Addict

I bought a couple of camera memory cards for myself on Thanksgiving night, online that were 7 dollars each after a sale and rebate and free shipping. I haven't been in a store at all since the Monday before Thanksgiving and I wouldn't, even if I didn't have a cold since Friday.

There are supposed to be good deals online today, cyber Monday.