Alright. What the HELL is wrong with my boombox??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

martha

Blue Crack Supplier
Orange County and all over the goddamn place
It'll start playing the disc, and then stop sometime within the first minute of the first song I play. Then it starts up again where it left off after about three seconds.

Tell me how to fix it. Save the thing's fucking worthless little life.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I'll give you $5 if you allow me to beat it with a baseball bat to get some of my pent up rage out. You'll have to buy a new one then though.

have you tried different discs? maybe it's not the boombox but rather the cd that's giving you problems? :shrug:

something is probably lose in the cd player, seems to happen with tape players when they fall out of golfcarts too many times

make sure it's on a completly flat surface, try multiple discs, and then kick it across the room. kicking it normally works....

Well, it's not a battery/electrical cord problem. It starts to play, stops, then starts up again. I don't know if it repeats this pattern much or not, because I get frustrated, yank the disc out, and swear a lot. It sounds like it does have something lose in it. Probably its little stupid pea brain rolling around in there.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Last edited:
Is it a CD player where you put the CD in at the top (as opposed to in a drawer that slides out)? If so then try putting a heavy object on top of it before playing it. It sounds stupid, but my CD player kept stopping/starting like that a while back, and putting a book on top of it seems to make it work fine.

when it stopped, did you try hitting it a couple times? i do this when mine skips...of course it still skips, but it doesn't bother me as much :sexywink:

i say, if you can afford it, just buy a real cheap one to replace it...

This is driving me FUCKING CRAZY!!!!!!!

Have you ever tried to bake raisin scones with a fucking Discman? The headphone cord catches on the doorknobs when you're getting a knife out of the drawer, and when you wash your hands, you need to have the towel over your shoulder. Other wise the fucking thing goes clattering to the floor, your Rattle and Hum disc pops out of the player, and you find out how resilient cds are and that the Discman bounces, yet doesn't break. And you scare the shit out of your dog when you swear loudly. Oh, and flour and butter doesn't wipe off very well. The butter may stain the pretty blue finish.

And you have to have the timer in the computer room so you can hear it go off. Which it will do in 56 seconds.

martha said:

Have you ever tried to bake raisin scones with a fucking Discman? The headphone cord catches on the doorknobs when you're getting a knife out of the drawer, and when you wash your hands, you need to have the towel over your shoulder. Other wise the fucking thing goes clattering to the floor, your Rattle and Hum disc pops out of the player, and you find out how resilient cds are and that the Discman bounces, yet doesn't break. And you scare the shit out of your dog when you swear loudly. Oh, and flour and butter doesn't wipe off very well. The butter may stain the pretty blue finish.

And you have to have the timer in the computer room so you can hear it go off. Which it will do in 56 seconds.

i imagine it's like washing the dishes with a discman

martha said:

Have you ever tried to bake raisin scones with a fucking Discman?

You have no idea how long I stared at that line trying to figure why you would try to use a discman to bake. :reject:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I dropped my walkman the other day (it's all I can afford). Now if I turn it certain ways the tapes slow down because one of the guards (or whatever you call it) broke off. At least that's what I think. It's annoying when you've got a lovely singer like Sarah Cracknell on and then it metamorphoses into a hideous deep voice.

yertle-the-turtle said:
I dropped my walkman the other day (it's all I can afford). Now if I turn it certain ways the tapes slow down because one of the guards (or whatever you call it) broke off. At least that's what I think. It's annoying when you've got a lovely singer like Sarah Cracknell on and then it metamorphoses into a hideous deep voice.

my walkman met a similar fate a few years ago, which is why i had a discman

Back
Top Bottom