Alright, football (non-American football) lovers, ask a lady... - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2005, 03:41 PM   #76
Refugee

Local Time: 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by menelaos

Thank you for making me laugh...
My pleasure

Old 11-20-2005, 04:00 PM   #77
War Child

Location: Hellas, and God knows where else you 've got your tape recorders turned on...
Local Time: 08:36 AM
Just saw Crouch losing that penalty-kick...
Omg you have that player in your national team...?
Well Ronaldinho, I 'm telling you man, go hide...

Old 11-20-2005, 04:02 PM   #78
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by menelaos
Just saw Crouch losing that penalty-kick...
Omg you have that player in your national team...?
Well Ronaldinho, I 'm telling you man, go hide...

Can't argue with you on that point, how in Gods name he plays football and gets paid for it is totally beyond me
Old 11-20-2005, 04:13 PM   #79
War Child

Location: Hellas, and God knows where else you 've got your tape recorders turned on...
Local Time: 08:36 AM
The best thing about it, is that now I believe that I can play proffessionaly in one big team football one day...
Old 11-21-2005, 08:25 AM   #80
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:36 AM
Crouch will never play another match for England again. If he does then we will be a laughing stock

however....

i firmly believe we can beat Brazil should we end up playing them at the World Cup at some point.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:11 PM   #81
The Fly

Local Time: 07:36 AM
What a brilliat thread!
I do not see how anyone can say England are not a quality team. Look at the players

Robinson: Brilliant keeper

At centre back two of the three from Campbel, Ferdinand and Terry. Rock solid. no-one seems to mention carragher these days, but he would be an awesome replacement if we had injuries.

Full backs: Neville and Cole. Two quality full backs. do a very sound job at the back, but also make overlaps and get them selves into attacking positions regularly. For me thats what sorts the average full back from the top class full back.

Defensie mid (if we play one): Ledley King. Cool head at the back, cleans up the loose balls and turns defense into attack.

Right side: Becks. Freekicks, crossing and long balls, he is the best in the game FACT. (ok maybe joint on freekicks with that Juninho fella at Lyon). And for all you anti-Bolton brigade out there, longballs DO have a place in football.

On the left: Joe Cole. Bags of energy. Whenever he gets brought on as a sub he always gives us an extra boost.

In the middle: Gerrard and Lampard. These two are so good it frightens me! This combination is probably worth £70million.

Up front: Owen and Rooney. Owen's goalscoring record is immense. fast and has the skill to create chances for himself. good in the air as well for a small fella. Rooney is an amazing finisher, and his strength means its hard to wrestle him off the ball. Can be asked to drop deeper as well if we are wanting to defend a lead.

From the looks of this thread, England are oe of the most hated teams in the world, but we are used to that!

Hey Menelaos. Congrats to Greece on their Euro 2004 win, but don't see how you can slag a team off thats qualified for the world cup! You do have some good players though, I remember charisteas (sorry about the spelling) he looked good. And Stelios Gianakkopulos is very good also. But im a Bolton fan so im probably biased!
Old 02-18-2006, 01:36 PM   #82
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by jimmmm
The silence is deafening u2@nyc
time to renew old rivalries u2@nyc, the world cup is drawing near & Englands time is coming!!!