Alright, football (non-American football) lovers, ask a lady... - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-13-2005, 11:25 AM   #61
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:12 AM
Terry and Campbell i think.

Sol has been rock solid at the last few international tournaments and Rio has been looking at bit shakey as of late.

Terry is just world class and a first choice starter for sure.

Old 11-14-2005, 01:51 AM   #62
War Child

On current form it should actually be Carragher and King at Centre-Back, I think. However we've got so many good centre backs at the moment I think we should be playing three of them and then King in the holding midfield role as well.
I don't think I can recall one good game Terry has had for England though. He seemed to be marking fresh air and ball watching again on Saturday, just doesn't look the same player if he's not playing next to Gallas.
My England XI for Germany providing everyone is fit (and Ferdinand's poor form continues and Terry still doesn't manage to replicate his club form) would be as follows:
P.Robinson
S.Campbell J.Carragher J.Woodgate
G.Neville A.Cole
S.Gerrard L.King F.Lampard
W.Rooney M.Owen

Old 11-14-2005, 04:55 AM   #63
Acrobat

What has Woodgate done good lately to be starter?
Old 11-15-2005, 02:10 PM   #64
Rock n' Roll Doggie

he's just torn his hamstring again apparently. that guy is just too injury prone to be an international regular.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:26 AM   #65
Refugee

Local Time: 01:12 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by 1stepcloser
he's just torn his hamstring again apparently. that guy is just too injury prone to be an international regular.
He's too injury prone to be a footballer full stop. I recently read somewhere Beckham was to double his efforts to learn Spanish, because Woodgate could already speak fluently, Christ the time he's had off Woodgate should be fluent in every language in the world.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:35 AM   #66
Blue Crack Addict

Why have I only just seen this thread?
Old 11-18-2005, 11:06 AM   #67
War Child

I'd still argue that Woodgate is actually the most accomplished Centre-Back England have. He's not occasionally careless (Ferdinand) and he can pass the ball further than ten yards (Campbell). As far as the World Cup goes at most he needs to stay fit for seven games which he can manage.

Contrary to popular belief (whilst their decision to sign Beckham over Ronaldinho was moronic in football terms it made perfect financial sense) Real Madrid are not stupid. They paid a lot of money for Woodgate because he is a very good player, if they'd wanted Campbell or Ferdinand they could have had them, they didn't, they wanted Woodgate which given his injuries only further shows how highly they rate him. He's very well liked in Madrid and as soon as he gets a decent run everyone will be talking about him.

Maybe he's learnt Spanish because he's not as thick or lazy as another nameless Englishman at Real Madrid.
Old 11-19-2005, 08:13 AM   #68
War Child

Location: Hellas, and God knows where else you 've got your tape recorders turned on...
Local Time: 03:12 AM
It's funny when the guys from England talk about football...You have one of the worst teams in Europe (face it, that's a fact) and your players go and ask for bonus if they take the world cup....
Is this action a serious man's action..?
You have only won 1 world cup with the referee's help in your stadiums and you go and ask for a bonus..?
Let's be serious...
When you have players like Crouch (is this his name..?)
He's the worst player in the whole world...!!!
Old 11-19-2005, 06:53 PM   #69
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by menelaos
It's funny when the guys from England talk about football...You have one of the worst teams in Europe (face it, that's a fact) and your players go and ask for bonus if they take the world cup....
Is this action a serious man's action..?
You have only won 1 world cup with the referee's help in your stadiums and you go and ask for a bonus..?
Let's be serious...
When you have players like Crouch (is this his name..?)
He's the worst player in the whole world...!!!
The current Champions League holders are from which country?
Old 11-19-2005, 06:56 PM   #70
War Child

Location: Hellas, and God knows where else you 've got your tape recorders turned on...
Quote:
Originally posted by tarquinsuperb

The current Champions League holders are from which country?
I'm talking for the national teams...
And if you 're kind enough, can you remind me who won the last Euro 2004..???
I just can't remember....It was... how do we call them..??? aahhhh yeahhhh Greece...

God was sleeping during the Champions League Final and you won...
Old 11-20-2005, 03:17 AM   #71
Refugee

Most of Europe was sleeping during greece matches last year, & tell me, what will you be doing next summer?
Old 11-20-2005, 05:49 AM   #72
Acrobat

Greece is the worst team that won Euro champ. God woke up realised what he did and didn't send you to World cup next summer.And I thank him for that because Greece plays the most boring football in the world.I am not Englishman nor Brasilian but a football fan who will pray for England- Brasil final in 2006.
Old 11-20-2005, 06:32 AM   #73
War Child

Yeah right Greece plays the most boring football and England plays the most attractive.... Nice joke...You 've made my day....And what if we never take any cup again...We won Portugal twice and in front of their people...That's enough for me for the next 20 years....At least we won France that uually beats you...
Old 11-20-2005, 03:28 PM   #74
Refugee

Every once in a while sport, whether it be football, tennis, rugby, or whatever, will through up a freak result or outcome, sure greece's performance in Euro 2004 was spectacular, but as usual the cream always floats to the top, & the natural order is restored, therefore greece will watch the World Cup on TV, and see ENGLAND reign supreme as the greatest footballing nation on the planet.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:38 PM   #75
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by jimmmm
and see ENGLAND reign supreme as the greatest footballing nation on the planet.
Thank you for making me laugh...