Alright, football (non-American football) lovers, ask a lady... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2005, 07:49 PM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Windmilllane
I love those one-word names for socce players: Pele, Maradonna, Bono, Larry, Edge, Adam

Maradona a one-word name?

Maradona is his last name, dude. His full name is Diego Armando Maradona.

Old 10-16-2005, 03:39 PM   #17
Refugee

Local Time: 04:27 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by U2@NYC

Maradona a one-word name?

Maradona is his last name, dude. His full name is Diego Armando Maradona.

aka cheating fat bastard

Old 10-16-2005, 04:47 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by jimmmm

aka cheating fat bastard
Aka, the best goal in the history of the World Cup.

Aka, now very thin and healthy.

Aka, the Hand of God.

Aka, the nightmare of every English player.

Aka, the best ever player in the world.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:31 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 05:27 AM
Quote:

aka cheating fat bastard
hahaha quality post. i enjoyed that.

he may have been the greatest player ever but he's still a cheat.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:34 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Mud in the Sand
I have a question: Why is soccer, as boring as it is, so popular around the world?
because it's the best sport in the world.

GET OVER IT

Old 10-17-2005, 11:33 AM   #21
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by Mud in the Sand
I have a question: Why is soccer, as boring as it is, so popular around the world? I imagine it is because many countries have limited choices in sports. Am I correct?
I am just as perplexed as you, I find it so boring compared to football and basketball. I do, however, find baseball almost as dull as soccer.

Quote:
Oh, one more: Why is soccer popular in grade schools and high schools in the United States? Is it because its the one sport where there can be at least 3 non athletes on the field who won't screw up the good players on that team from winning? In the crazy world of parents forcing their kids to athletics, is soccer the perfect answer for the all around non-athlete?
From what I've seen, it's popular in elementary schools but usually dies out by the teen years (at least in the southeast where I live) Soccer seems to be the thing for little kids, while it becomes for geeks in high school and no one will touch it. Pro soccer, men or women, does not survive long in the US in any market despite many attempts to make it popular. Personally, I destest the 'soccer mom' culture of middle America, this coming from a suburban mother of three. They put all their little bucktoothed baldheaded bastards in the mininvan with a soccer ball sticker on the back and waste every Saturday. I guess some people live for that, but it's not for me, or my kids, and thank goodness. I can avoid the games and practices, but unfortunately still get stuck behind the slow moving soccer ball stickered minivans full of buck toothed, baldheaded, annoying little bastards at every fast food joint and bank.
Old 10-17-2005, 10:19 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Why the hell did this thread become a bashing of soccer?

It annoys the fuck out of me that some people in this forum can't respect other people's enjoyment of a sport and leave these threads alone.

It is sooooooooooo fucking annoying and boring to hear and read comments from people saying that this sport is boring.

I am tired of defending it to those who do not understand it or for those who just write it off. I don't bash other sports and respect others who play those sports that I may not be interested.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:01 AM   #23
Acrobat

Sorry I didn't mean to make you mad. But really anytime any topic is brought up for discussion on a message board there are going to be both responses we like and those we don't, because not everyone agrees. I started a thread on Bang and Clatter called 'type of music you would consider torture' and I saw some of my favorite bands getting listed
Old 10-18-2005, 12:36 PM   #24
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by U2@NYC

Aka, the best goal in the history of the World Cup.

Aka, now very thin and healthy.

Aka, the Hand of God.

Aka, the nightmare of every English player.

Aka, the best ever player in the world.
aka, the best goal in the history of the world cup, that would be Sir Geoff Hurst, some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over, it is now!

aka, now very thin & healthy, who fucking cares?

aka, the hand of God, the hand of Satan more like

aka, the nightmare of every English player, No, we give respect to footballers who beat us fair & square, usually Germans, or Brazilians

aka, the best ever player in the world, Don't talk out of yer arse, his achievements, both individually, and as a member of a team are dwarfed when compared to the GREAT PELE, without a shadow of doubt the GREATEST EVER!!!!!
Old 10-18-2005, 01:50 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

aka, the best goal in the history of the world cup, that would be Sir Geoff Hurst, some people are on the pitch, they think it's all over, it is now!

aka, now very thin & healthy, who fucking cares?

aka, the hand of God, the hand of Satan more like

aka, the nightmare of every English player, No, we give respect to footballers who beat us fair & square, usually Germans, or Brazilians

aka, the best ever player in the world, Don't talk out of yer arse, his achievements, both individually, and as a member of a team are dwarfed when compared to the GREAT PELE, without a shadow of doubt the GREATEST EVER!!!!!
1. Who the hell is Sir Geoff Hurst? Right, he scored in the only world championship that England has... no wonder no one knows him.

2. I do care. As well as many other people.

3. You guys are still trying to catch him in the second goal of Mexico 86.

4. Maradona was more for Argentina than Pele was for Brazil.

Now you can keep on crying... maybe in the future England will have a player of his greatness... for now, all you have is Beckham.

Old 10-19-2005, 03:03 AM   #26
Refugee

your ignorance of football seems to know no bounds, who is Sir Geoff Hurst?, all we have is Beckham, what about Lampard, Terry, Owen, Gerrard, & of course the one and only Wayne Rooney, I sincerely hope England meet the argies in Germany next year, knocking the Cheats out of another World Cup will be so SWEET!!!
Old 10-19-2005, 08:37 AM   #27
War Child

Rooney aka the talentless fat bastard.

England will lose, as usual. They won in 1966 thanks to referees. 1966 was an accident in the football History.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:49 AM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by guill

England will lose, as usual. They won in 1966 thanks to referees. 1966 was an accident in the football History.
do you seriously think that wayne rooney is talentless? really? get your head out of the sand.
Old 10-19-2005, 11:00 AM   #29
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by guill

does the sun always shine, with fluffy white clouds rolling gently by in that strange world you inhabit?
Old 10-19-2005, 03:24 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
your ignorance of football seems to know no bounds, who is Sir Geoff Hurst?, all we have is Beckham, what about Lampard, Terry, Owen, Gerrard, & of course the one and only Wayne Rooney, I sincerely hope England meet the argies in Germany next year, knocking the Cheats out of another World Cup will be so SWEET!!!
Good luck! Hopefully you will make it through the second round when you will have a tough time against Togo.

If all your hopes for this World Cup rely on Wayne Rooney then you will have a really tough time... in any event, I hope we meet each other again... and we can play fair and square, with no hands of God and invented penalty kicks like the one in the last World Cup.