Already posted, I know, but famous people.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bonofnattic

The Fly
BEFORE anyone says a danged thing about my re-posting this topic: I tried to reply, but webtv kicked me off each time.

So, my list of famous people whom I've met or spoken with:

Carol Burnett (love her)
Bill Clinton (sang at his 2nd gubernatorial inauguration, he played saxophone with us at an ASU game once, and saw him at an Anita Baker show once, plus I'm told I'm related. yuck)

Bono--I was gonna be so cool, but completely lost gray matter upon meeting him. He was very polite.

Adam Clayton--very kind guy.

Adam Duritz of Counting Crows--kinda moody, but, aren't we all?

Harry Connick, Jr.

Wynton Marsalis--the nicest 'celebrity' I've met. Very cool, and my brother kinda-sorta knows him.

Bill Mallonnee---who??

Michael English--who??

B.B. King
Rufus Thomas
Bill Wyman from the Rolling Stones (made him laugh!)

Eric Singer from KISS

Cowboy Mouth
Harvey Jett from Black Oak Arkansas
Russ Taff--who?

Meadowlark Lemon

the guy who played Barney Miller

Oh yeah, and Daniel Lanois and Gavin Friday, who took a pic of Bono & me.
And Charlie Pride & McClean Stevens walked right by me as they had just walked out of my dormitory. (speaking engagement & celeb. golf)

could that list be any bigggger....that new thread was so u could boast
tongue.gif

im so jealous....ur too lucky
biggrin.gif

------------------
And if you look, you look through me.

L'amore giunger
L'amore
E non so pi pregare
E nell'amore non so pi sperare
E quell'amore non so pi aspettare
miss_smith@emailaccount.com e-mail me :)
The perpetually handsome Mullen appears to have stopped ageing around the time of The Joshua Tree.
"It doesn't matter what songs we sing.
I'm a drummer. Chicks dig me." -Larry
Larry likes to play drums." - Bono
"Larry's always been noticed cos he's the pretty one." - Adam
"Bono, if you still haven't found what you're looking for, look behind the drumkit." - Boy George
A man so handsome, he will never be let sing in this group!"
-Bono, introducing Larry at Irving Plaza, NYC 2000

Of course! No, seriously, the cheap-arsed webtv is very funny sometime...if it's a 2-page thread, I can't reply without being knocked offline. I'm sure it's something that could be corrected.

Don't be too jealous. There's one more Irish person I'd loooove to meet...of course, Andrea Corr. That'll never happen. lol!

Bono - wonderfully polite, with a glint in his eyes you could see right through his shades

Edge - kinda quiet but very cute and a lovely warm smile

Tom Selleck (don't laugh, I met him during the height of his Magnum P.I. days and that's a thrilling thing for a 9 year old)

Muhammed Ali - most fly moment ever in a hotel lobby, what a gracious man! A gentle giant who is grateful for his fans.

The Sugarcubes minus Bjork - a bunch of happy Icelanders who were flirting with my friend. lol!

Spike Jonz - brief meeting, but cool. Very soft spoken, funny, and earnest.

Also met a few dj's, and starspotted many other celebs but never officially met them.

Originally posted by bonofnattic:
Of course! No, seriously, the cheap-arsed webtv is very funny sometime...if it's a 2-page thread, I can't reply without being knocked offline. I'm sure it's something that could be corrected.

Don't be too jealous. There's one more Irish person I'd loooove to meet...of course, Andrea Corr. That'll never happen. lol!

My friends have all met andrea corr i think she has a house near my friends house and my friend lives beside one of them- i think its her
tongue.gif
bet u wish u lived here
biggrin.gif

I'm green with envy! Well, not that she'd give me the time of day, but I'd love to live near her. I should've tried to meet her after the Miami show, as she did her little stage-flirting with me (I was right in front of her.) I mean....I'd pack-up & move to Ireland for her.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom