Alphabet City, Manhattan, New York Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll try and get her right on it, if I can drag her away from the tv :)

And Gluey, I'm gonna think positive thoughts for you tonight and whenever else I can, because you don't deserve this crap. I'm sure they'll figure out the problem and be able to rectify it simply with the correct medication. :hug:

And Major Panic, if you get pulled on stage, after you start playing PGR, you gotta kinda push Bono outta the way so you can hog the spotlight :lol:

:hug: Thanks for that :hug:

I'm going to hit the hay now....I've been getting a whole string of attacks over the last half hour and I'm pretty knackered.....bed is calling.

Ian, you might be doing SITE on your own tonight.....

:lol: I nearly caused chaos on LaTrobe Street today. I was crossing when I noticed a D1 tram pull up, which is weird in and of itself as you don't normally see them on LaTrobe Street. Then I noticed its route number: 96. That's a Bourke Street route. Evidently some disruption meant it had to run via LaTrobe. So I stopped IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET, whipped out my camera, and shot a photo. By some miracle, nobody was approaching or between me and the tram, despite a huge crowd crossing, and the "walk" signal stayed on for a while so I actually comfortably took the photo and got to the other side.

Damn good photo too, if I may say so myself.

:lol:

You know, people have had their arms cut off by trams. You better be careful - one day, the right (or wrong, rather) combination of stop signal, bright daylight and speeding tram might get you killed...

You know, people have had their arms cut off by trams. You better be careful - one day, the right (or wrong, rather) combination of stop signal, bright daylight and speeding tram might get you killed...

Or his cane might get snapped....

were my ears burning?
v_vendetta.gif

Having seen the size of the true American patriot and the medium, i'd estimate about 4.

Cool, then I'll buy four of the anti-American terrorist pigs. Just doing my part to challenge global geopolitical hegemony. :up:

:laugh: Don't worry, I'm always careful. There are too many idiot gunzels out there already. The worst I do is miss trains or trams because I'm too busy taking photos of them to actually bother to run and catch them.

:lol: I nearly caused chaos on LaTrobe Street today. I was crossing when I noticed a D1 tram pull up, which is weird in and of itself as you don't normally see them on LaTrobe Street. Then I noticed its route number: 96. That's a Bourke Street route. Evidently some disruption meant it had to run via LaTrobe. So I stopped IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET, whipped out my camera, and shot a photo. By some miracle, nobody was approaching or between me and the tram, despite a huge crowd crossing, and the "walk" signal stayed on for a while so I actually comfortably took the photo and got to the other side.

Damn good photo too, if I may say so myself.

Sounds like a terrorist act. Your lucky Homeland Security didn't jump you :lol:

Sounds like a terrorist act. Your lucky Homeland Security didn't jump you :lol:

:laugh: Luckily, railfans in Australia haven't had to put up with the hassles some in the US and UK have. There's absolutely nothing prohibiting people from taking photos of trains or trams from public property. We voted out John Howard before he had the chance to go after railfans. :up:

Here's the picture I took today on LaTrobe Street. I know I said earlier it was D1 - it's actually a D2, D2 5007.

s640x480

:laugh: Luckily, railfans in Australia haven't had to put up with the hassles some in the US and UK have. There's absolutely nothing prohibiting people from taking photos of trains or trams from public property. We voted out John Howard before he had the chance to go after railfans. :up:

I think taking photos of the insides of buildings is frowned upon, though. Not sure about other things. :shrug:

Here's the picture I took today on LaTrobe Street. I know I said earlier it was D1 - it's actually a D2, D2 5007.

s640x480

Ax, I have a question for you. One of the L trains in Chicago derailed last week, and they said it was the drivers fault. I ddin't have time to read the article, because I saw it in someone's hand while I was at work, but do you have any idea how that is possible at all? The train runs on a track....

Just for balance, here's a REAL tram on LaTrobe Street, SW5 728. I believe this is the oldest tram in regular service in Melbourne today, dating from the late 1930s (the SW5s in the 840-49 sequence were introduced in 1939-40, so presumably 728 was a bit earlier than that).

s640x480

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom