Alphabet City, Manhattan, New York Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You're learning.

Incidentally, when other people are in earshot, Fellow Albino Railfan and I refer to it by its make rather than manufacturer, Nexas. "Here comes a Siemens!" sounds rather bad, you know?

:lol:

I can only imagine the looks you'd get from people (especially old people) if you went and said "Here comes a Siemens!"

I can only imagine the looks you'd get from people (especially old people) if you went and said "Here comes a Siemens!"

:shifty:
fappage.gif

I've been telling you that I can read minds, haven't I? :shifty:

:lol: You freaky Chinese people and your freaky powers.

Also, that's a fairly rare photo, as it's of an individual Siemens set. Nowadays, they always run in multiple, as 2x3-car sets (i.e. six carriages), rather than just a single 3-car set as in that picture. Only the Comeng sets are authorised to run as single 3-car sets.

:lol: You freaky Chinese people and your freaky powers.

Also, that's a fairly rare photo, as it's of an individual Siemens set. Nowadays, they always run in multiple, as 2x3-car sets (i.e. six carriages), rather than just a single 3-car set as in that picture. Only the Comeng sets are authorised to run as single 3-car sets.

Now that you mention it, I believe you're right, I've only ever seen them as 2x3s.

Wendy's for dinner.

You can tell it's heavily Americanised, the medium drinks are what i would consider excessively large and the drive through is at a height where you can only reach if you're in a 4WD.

Wendy's for dinner.

You can tell it's heavily Americanised, the medium drinks are what i would consider excessively large and the drive through is at a height where you can only reach if you're in a 4WD.

And the sizes go medium, large, extra large, super, patriot?

True, but it's not as nerdy as saying

"Look, a seven seven seven three hundred ER!"

:lol: I can't do most nerdy statements since I can never read the locomotive numbers until I get home and enlarge my photos. Some special locomotives I can identify by sight, like if I were in New Zealand I'd identify The Twins (DBR 1200 and DBR 1267) if they approached, but normally I'm just calling out the class type, like "here's a couple of P classes push-pulling a double H set". Not "here's P thirteen and P nineteen with FSH twenty-three and FSH twenty-five".

Now that you mention it, I believe you're right, I've only ever seen them as 2x3s.

It's due to an issue with their brakes. Remember when they were taken out of service a couple of years back not long after their introduction and there was a whole furore about it? One condition of being allowed back in service is that they never operate as 1x3.

The X'Trapolis and few remaining Hitachi sets all operate as 2x3 as well.

:lol: I can't do most nerdy statements since I can never read the locomotive numbers until I get home and enlarge my photos. Some special locomotives I can identify by sight, like if I were in New Zealand I'd identify The Twins (DBR 1200 and DBR 1267) if they approached, but normally I'm just calling out the class type, like "here's a couple of P classes push-pulling a double H set". Not "here's P thirteen and P nineteen with FSH twenty-three and FSH twenty-five".

I nearly drove off the road today while watching a plane approach Auckland Airport. Whilst making nerdy statements.

"Oooh, it's Singapore 285....they're now using an OH FUCK! *swerve* seven seven seven three hundred ER"

I nearly drove off the road today while watching a plane approach Auckland Airport. Whilst making nerdy statements.

"Oooh, it's Singapore 285....they're now using an OH FUCK! *swerve* seven seven seven three hundred ER"

:lol: I nearly caused chaos on LaTrobe Street today. I was crossing when I noticed a D1 tram pull up, which is weird in and of itself as you don't normally see them on LaTrobe Street. Then I noticed its route number: 96. That's a Bourke Street route. Evidently some disruption meant it had to run via LaTrobe. So I stopped IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET, whipped out my camera, and shot a photo. By some miracle, nobody was approaching or between me and the tram, despite a huge crowd crossing, and the "walk" signal stayed on for a while so I actually comfortably took the photo and got to the other side.

Damn good photo too, if I may say so myself.

LILA!!!!!!!!!

I'll try and get her right on it, if I can drag her away from the tv :)

And Gluey, I'm gonna think positive thoughts for you tonight and whenever else I can, because you don't deserve this crap. I'm sure they'll figure out the problem and be able to rectify it simply with the correct medication. :hug:

And Major Panic, if you get pulled on stage, after you start playing PGR, you gotta kinda push Bono outta the way so you can hog the spotlight :lol:

:lol: I nearly caused chaos on LaTrobe Street today. I was crossing when I noticed a D1 tram pull up, which is weird in and of itself as you don't normally see them on LaTrobe Street. Then I noticed its route number: 96. That's a Bourke Street route. Evidently some disruption meant it had to run via LaTrobe. So I stopped IN THE MIDDLE OF THE STREET, whipped out my camera, and shot a photo. By some miracle, nobody was approaching or between me and the tram, despite a huge crowd crossing, and the "walk" signal stayed on for a while so I actually comfortably took the photo and got to the other side.

Damn good photo too, if I may say so myself.

:laugh:

That's a good opportunity taken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom