Alphabet City, Manhattan, New York Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny you say that LM. When I first started coming into interference, you guys were talking about DSOTM and discussing songs. I didn't even know which songs you were speaking of, because to me it was all just one big opus. Of course Money and Time are easily figured out, but the others, I had to go look up to see which parts of the album they were. I'm guessing my friends probably would be the same :lol: Of course, when it came out, getting absorbed in whole sides of albums was was common :drunk:

And I cherish the art of album-making, definitely! The idea of artists releasing only singles in the future bugs me. DSOTM appropriates the term "album" better than most anything else out at the time, I feel. There were some other album-long musical opuses (not to be confused with concept albums) like What's Going On around, but I can see why DSOTM became a phenomenon.

Oh yes. Well, their biggest albums anyway, like Time & Tide and True Colours. Never heard any of that really early stuff you mentioned some time ago, where you said it was more folky.
:shocked:

oh, and only their really early stuff is folky. like before they had a record deal, and their first couple singles. their first album is...i guess i'd say prog? i don't know.

This is probably waaaayyy off whatever subject you are currently discussing but I saw the title of this thread and just felt the need to share this lovely tidbit -- I know someone who was arrested in Alphabet City. :)

Khan, I got to see the Enz quite a few times and it seems like Tim always insisted on doing I HOpe I Never. So after a while I was kinda sick of it and wishing he would just do something else already. Finally at one show, he pulled out Stuff and Nonsense instead. One of my faves that I had never heard live.
I literally jumped outta my seat. It ruled the night :drool:

Khan, I got to see the Enz quite a few times and it seems like Tim always insisted on doing I HOpe I Never. So after a while I was kinda sick of it and wishing he would just do something else already. Finally at one show, he pulled out Stuff and Nonsense instead. One of my faves that I had never heard live.
first of all, i hate you :wink:

:lmao: that song is kinda...emo? :hmm: i don't hate it, but it's not one of my favourites.

:wave: Home again, wired for sound. Gotta wear it for 2 days and not allowed to shower in that time :yikes: :yuck:

Shouting at the kids to get ready so I can take them to dancing :|. Yippee.

:love: I :heart: people who like Kiwi music :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom