Alphabet City, Manhattan, New York Superthread - Page 54 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-03-2008, 04:25 AM   #796
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by major_panic View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty sure you won't be getting it too.

Although, remember the guy who sold his really old trains back to the Government or whatever? Go make friends with him, see if he'll buy you a tram. You can live in it and everything!
It's amazing how many heritage trains are in service today. A couple of Elecrail's Hitachi multiple units have been pressed back into service. And on the freight network, some heritage diesels are operating again! Today, I photographed S 311 and T 386 at Creek Sidings by North Melbourne - they were both originally retired in 1993 (built around 1960) but put back into service a few years back.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-03-2008, 04:27 AM   #797
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
It's amazing how many heritage trains are in service today. A couple of Elecrail's Hitachi multiple units have been pressed back into service. And on the freight network, some heritage diesels are operating again! Today, I photographed S 311 and T 386 at Creek Sidings by North Melbourne - they were both originally retired in 1993 (built around 1960) but put back into service a few years back.
Wow, tells you something about the state of the public transport system round these parts, eh?

Old 06-03-2008, 04:28 AM   #798
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:35 AM
Quote:
I'd say the driver's well within his rights to refuse to carry a passenger who he has just witnessed commit an illegal act. It's a bit of a prickish thing to collectively punish everybody else on the train for that one person's stupidity, though.
That's how I figure it.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:28 AM   #799
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:35 PM
Time for some Stars In Their Eyes
Old 06-03-2008, 04:30 AM   #800
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Yeah, we're pretty fortunate in that we still have our trams and trains. Pity the service provider for trains is crap and more focused on getting money than providing a good service though!
I honestly dislike how Connex receives a lot of crap, because a lot of what they are blamed for is actually the fault of the Department of Infrastructure. But since everybody likes to hate on Connex, politicians and civil servants who SHOULD be held accountable are getting away with a lot more slackness than they should. Decisions need to be made in a hurry and a lot of money committed to expand the network and build more trains, but while the public is fixated on Connex, that's going to take longer. Connex's main problem is just that they suck at PR immensely.

I mean, it's simply inexcusable that Melbourne has not got hundreds of new trains on order (18 will barely make a dent!), that the Clifton Hill group of lines has not been massively upgraded, that quadruplication to Dandenong has not been done, that the Epping line has not been extended to Mernda, that the Doncaster line has not been built, etc., etc. And those are ALL the responsibility of the Department of Infrastructure and our dear Minister Kosky.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-03-2008, 04:31 AM   #801
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardyharhar View Post
Off to watch the Raconteurs on Conan, then hit the hay. I think this was the most posts I've ever done here. Catch y'all tomorrow
Have a good one!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-03-2008, 04:31 AM   #802
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
I honestly dislike how Connex receives a lot of crap, because a lot of what they are blamed for is actually the fault of the Department of Infrastructure. But since everybody likes to hate on Connex, politicians and civil servants who SHOULD be held accountable are getting away with a lot more slackness than they should. Decisions need to be made in a hurry and a lot of money committed to expand the network and build more trains, but while the public is fixated on Connex, that's going to take longer. Connex's main problem is just that they suck at PR immensely.

I mean, it's simply inexcusable that Melbourne has not got hundreds of new trains on order (18 will barely make a dent!), that the Clifton Hill group of lines has not been massively upgraded, that quadruplication to Dandenong has not been done, that the Epping line has not been extended to Mernda, that the Doncaster line has not been built, etc., etc. And those are ALL the responsibility of the Department of Infrastructure and our dear Minister Kosky.
Oh, don't worry, Kosky is definitely at the top of my hate list. Connex is just the obvious thing to point the finger at.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:33 AM   #803
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Wow, tells you something about the state of the public transport system round these parts, eh?
Yeah - it's good that the traffic's there and growing, to warrant such drastic action, but it's pretty damning that the investment is not there to buy NEW rolling stock and that they need to scramble for help from the preservation groups or bring back old locos that had been withdrawn but not yet scrapped.

I am madly in love with the S class locos still operating, though. They're stunningly beautiful locomotives. We had locos like them in New Zealand, the DG class, and they last operated in 1983. But here? I photographed S 311 repeatedly today.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-03-2008, 04:34 AM   #804
Blue Crack Supplier

Oh god, Marilyn Monroe.

Diamonds is a girls best fiend.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:35 AM   #805
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 01:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
Time for some Stars In Their Eyes
Old 06-03-2008, 04:35 AM   #806
Blue Crack Supplier

She's not all that bad, actually.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:35 AM   #807
Blue Crack Supplier

The backup dancers are bringing serious lulz though.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:37 AM   #808
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Ah, damn it, I'm almost at the point of just forgetting about uni and doing the things that I want to do.

Why can't I just get my degree already.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:37 AM   #809
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Oh, don't worry, Kosky is definitely at the top of my hate list. Connex is just the obvious thing to point the finger at.
It never ceases to amaze me how utterly USELESS Kosky is at her job. I have a hard time thinking of equally incompetent politicians. She'd at least fit in well on Bush's cabinet.

And how's this? Brumby to steer transport scheme:

Quote:
A $20 billion transport action plan for Melbourne is being personally crafted by Premier John Brumby and will be unveiled later this year.

The plan is likely to include new land reservations for future road and rail expansion; measures to increase the capacity of the existing system, including better links between different modes of transport; and listing of principal transport projects for which Victoria will seek federal funding.

It is also expected to tackle the high level of greenhouse gas emissions from transport in Victoria.

Public Transport Minister Lynne Kosky and Roads Minister Tim Pallas are assisting the Premier with the plan. Meredith Sussex, who led the State Government's Office of Commonwealth Games Co-ordination, is believed to be orchestrating the blueprint in the Department of Transport.

The Brumby plan is expected to be released in November as part of the Government's broader response to Sir Rod Eddington's east-west transport inquiry.
Kosky is ASSISTING the Premier. In other words, "you can't do the job yourself, so we'll just say you're my assistant".

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 06-03-2008, 04:38 AM   #810
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolian2 View Post
Oh god, Marilyn Monroe.

Diamonds is a girls best fiend.
This can only be hideous.

Am I the only guy on earth who doesn't think Marilyn Monroe was terribly attractive?

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread