Almost Famous

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Green Eyes

War Child
Road Trippin' Across The Universe to Zoo Station
Ok, so this is one of my favorite movies. Not only is the music great, but the acting, and plot are great also. It has three of my favorite actresses: Kate Hudson, Anna Paquin, and Zooey Deschanel. :love: Frances McDormand, Billy Crudup, Philip Seymour Hoffman, and newcomer Patrick Fugit were also amazing. What do you all think of this movie? :up: :up: Two thumbs way up from me.

Mr. Green Eyes said:
Ok, so this is one of my favorite movies. Not only is the music great, but the acting, and plot are great also. It has three of my favorite actresses: Kate Hudson, Anna Paquin, and Zooey Deschanel. :love: Frances McDormand, Billy Crudup, Philip Seymour Hoffman, and newcomer Patrick Fugit were also amazing. What do you all think of this movie? :up: :up: Two thumbs way up from me.

I really really like that movie too :up: :up:
the ego fights, parties and of course the music:wink:

This is a gloriously entertaining movie.

It's hard to go wrong with anything featuring Billy Crudup and PSH though.

I AM A GOLDEN GOD!!!!!

I love this movie.

"I dig music ...................... and I'M ON DRUGS!!!!!"

Whatever happened to Patrick Fugit after that? On IMDb it says he has been on ER and House. For movies he was in White Oleander and some other obscure movies. He's 25 now.

I fell in love with Kate Hudson in that movie, she is so appealing on screen and probably off screen too.

MrsSpringsteen said:
I fell in love with Kate Hudson in that movie, she is so appealing on screen and probably off screen too.

Same here! :faint:

I'm still looking for the Bootleg Version DVD (or Uncut version or however Cameron Crowe called the expanded version). Can't find it anywhere. :|

:up: :up:

Rock stars have kidnapped my son!

Never take it seriously, you never get hurt. Never get hurt, you can always have fun. And if you ever get lonely, you just go to the record store and visit all your friends

We are not Groupies. We are here because of the music, we inspire the music. We are Band Aids.

Penny Lane: You're too sweet for rock and roll.
William Miller: Sweet? Where do you get off? Where do you get sweet? I am dark and mysterious, and I am PISSED OFF! I could be very dangerous to all of you! And you should know that about me... I am THE ENEMY!

The only problem with this movie is that the band's "hit song" is absolutely terrible, it's just a little gripe though. One of my all-time faves as well, it's hard not to watch with a smile.

Yeah, Still Water (that was their name right?) is a pretty bad band. But so are a lot of famous bands from that era. So who cares.

Yeah, like I said, it's a little gripe; Not close to "the sketches on Studio 60 are terrible"-type of terrible though, which almost derailed the entire series for me.

But yeah, Almost Famous = the only good movie featuring Kate Hudson?

LemonMacPhisto said:
The only problem with this movie is that the band's "hit song" is absolutely terrible, it's just a little gripe though. One of my all-time faves as well, it's hard not to watch with a smile.

You must not like Bullet The Blue Sky then. :wink:

I adore this movie and want to live this movie. I still remember praying to God in the theater as Ben Fong Torres asked William if he'd like to wrote for Rolling Stone that someday I would be asked that question. I still haven't been.

The drums, bass, and guitars of Fever Dog remind me so much of Bullet the Blue Sky it's scary.

I'm still looking for the Bootleg Version DVD (or Uncut version or however Cameron Crowe called the expanded version). Can't find it anywhere. :|

A couple of weeks ago I found a used US version of this DVD (Untitled: The Bootleg Cut) in a store. It even had the mini album (with 6 songs) by Stillwater included! So I bought it. I thought that I had a region-free DVD player, but sadly I was wrong. The DVD wouldn't play. :|
Then I thought about Ebay, did a search on Ebay.co.uk and found that there was a region 2 release of this version! :hyper: And I bought a region 2 version for cheap. The packaging isn't as good as the US version and it's missing the audio CD. But at least I can watch it on my own TV. :up:

Saw both versions (theatrical cut and the director's cut) over the weekend. :drool: :up: :combust:

A couple of weeks ago I found a used US version of this DVD (Untitled: The Bootleg Cut) in a store. It even had the mini album (with 6 songs) by Stillwater included! So I bought it. I thought that I had a region-free DVD player, but sadly I was wrong. The DVD wouldn't play. :|
Then I thought about Ebay, did a search on Ebay.co.uk and found that there was a region 2 release of this version! :hyper: And I bought a region 2 version for cheap. The packaging isn't as good as the US version and it's missing the audio CD. But at least I can watch it on my own TV. :up:

Saw both versions (theatrical cut and the director's cut) over the weekend. :drool: :up: :combust:

So what will you do with that extra copy you have :flirt:

This is one of my absolute faves---we watch it once every few months. For a while, I tried to listen to the Stillwater cd, but it's just too bad. :lol:

The 'Untitled' edition is by far the best----I never watch the regular version any more. :up:

Back
Top Bottom