Allmusic goes to hell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
Thank you AMG for making a new design and have it incompatible with Mozilla, or any macintosh computer.

Thank you AMG for having the new design suck major kangaroo balls even if you are using the one browser it does support.

Assholes.

(edit: that's the website allmusic.com, not "all music", sorry if there was some confusion. there's actually a lot of really great music that is not in hell at all and is quite excellent. for instance right now I am listening to a little album called Gallowbird's Bark and it is proving itself to be quite enjoyable.)

Last edited:
Haha. I kinda like the new layout, but they do need to change a few things back to the way they were.

SkeeK said:
for instance right now I am listening to a little album called Gallowbird's Bark and it is proving itself to be quite enjoyable.)

Fiery Furnaces :drool:

I cannot decide which of their albums I should purchase first.....

I'll let you know when I am familiar with both ;). i haven't quite finished downloading the new one yet.

seeing as how i spend massive amounts of time perusing thru amg, i feel that i'm qualified enough to comment on the new layout....and i think it sucks. it looks like someone's blog now. i'm very disappointed, but will continue to sing the praises of this website because it still is the most comprehensive musical site around. so yeah...i'm giving it a "downgrade."

http://www.osnn.net/comments.php?shownews=10629

allmusic.com revamped their entire site, making it more user-friendly and adding plenty of nice new visual features. However, when attempting to visit the site on anything except IE5.5 or higher, one is greeted with bad news right atop the page.

"Notice: You are accessing allmusic.com with a browser that is not currently supported. The appearance and functionality of the site could be impacted. allmusic.com is optimized for Internet Explorer 5.5 and above for Windows."

So non-IE users get mis-aligned tables and columns, missing "relevance" bars, no fancy rollover effects, or any of the other cool new features IE users get to see. In IE, when you mouse-over an artist's release in the discography, you get a ncie dropdown that contains a thumbnail of the cover art along with AMG picks for best songs on the CD... None of this is present in Mozilla Firefox 0.9.2... Viewing the site in Opera 7.52 identifying itself a IE6 gets rid of the error and brings back the rollovers, but doesn't fix the tables problems...

Melon

:( I miss the old site. This reminds me of that Encarta Encyclopedia thing that comes packaged with Windows and I keep getting error messages. Oh well, there's always the Wayback Machine (hopefully).

i'm not sure what IE i've got, but it's taking a year and a day to load.

their recommended artists are always good for a laugh.

they changed it so it's now compatible with other browsers now, at least. still too much clicking required.

It still doesn't completely work on Mozilla--a lot of the text is overlapping and weird. And what's with this sudden focus on classical music? Everything I search for comes up as classical as well--I've never heard of a classical The Cure or a classical Michael Stipe. I've nothing against classical music but it's all classical music now.

EDIT: Er, I mean, it's not all classical music, but it's a lot more conspicuous than it was on the old site.

I got the website to load, but when I tried to log on as a member it wouldn't let me. I got the password and everything I needed, but it wouldn't accept anything. Hopefully, this will all be fixed soon...I love the website and learn a TON about music due to its expansive catalogue of virtually every artist.

Danospano said:
I got the website to load, but when I tried to log on as a member it wouldn't let me. I got the password and everything I needed, but it wouldn't accept anything.

This happened to me. Try putting your email address in ALL CAPS.

that worked for me.. but then it kept randomly logging me out and stuff. growing pains are to be expected though, i guess.

Back
Top Bottom