AllMusic.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not so sure about the "unbiased" comment, but it's generally quite good. There generally isnt a day that goes by where I dont use it. :up:

i practically live at that site.. though I still liked it far more before the slow-ass redesign. My fingers are sore from all the .. umm ... clicking.

Now go read their review for Limp Bizkit - Results May Vary if you haven't yet

(and then tell me what sort of review it would take to get an album down to one star or lower)

i use the site a ton, but the album reviews are so-so. its kindof looking at amazon.com reviews to me - The Beatles Revolver will get 5 stars but so will a CD by REO Speedwagon. its great tho, for looking up very specific genre's (American Trad Rock anyone, how about New Jack Swing), song reviews (which include everyone whos covered the song), and full discographies.

learn2kneel said:
i use the site a ton, but the album reviews are so-so. its kindof looking at amazon.com reviews to me - The Beatles Revolver will get 5 stars but so will a CD by REO Speedwagon. its great tho, for looking up very specific genre's (American Trad Rock anyone, how about New Jack Swing), song reviews (which include everyone whos covered the song), and full discographies.

i think allmusic explains that they dont compare artist to artist

a 5 star album means its that artists best work

so an reo speedwagon 5 star album just means its their best cd and its not compared to revolver or any other artist

I do in fact love this site. Good way to look into bands that I've sort of kind of heard about but am unsure of where to start. Also the subdivisions of the discography, while not exhaustive concerning imports, singles, and EPs, are nevertheless wonderful.

Back
Top Bottom