Allergies!!! Who has them-what do you take?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
It's summertime!! Pollen in the air, kleenex on sale! Who else here at Interference has been hit by the allergy fairy this year? I haven't had an allergy "attack" in 5 years, my allergies have returned this year with a vengence!
What do you take to curb the runny noses and post nasal drip?
Let's share...
I need to go to the doctor and get a prescription for something...so right now it's Benadryl at night and some other allergy pill during the day.

Grrr! I hate that! Too evil. I've had Asthema since I was at least five and ever since then in the summer I sneeze like 100 times a day[well not really but you get my point]and sore throats and so on. I uselly take Claretain[spell?]and whatever, and keep a pack of tissues handy. :madspit: :evil: :sad:

Sing Loud Sing Proud,
BIP

I get spring time allergies... when I had insurance I used to get zyrtec. But this year I had no insurance so I used used over the counter benedryl and it worked the same for me.

My tip try the over the counter stuff first, it's cheaper and might work better.

Consider yourself lucky, where I used to live about 6 years ago I developed this weird allergy to some plant that bloomed in the spring: I broke out in hives and my hands and feet swelled up so bad that I couldn't bend my fingers and couldn't walk.

Yep...the allergy fairy seems to have taken up residence in my house :( I get prescriptions for fexofenadine (aka Telfast, although it probably has another brand name in the US) and beclomethasone (Beconase) spray which works like a dream - no side-effects and almost no allergy symptoms.

But if you want over-the-counter medication, I used to take Clarityn and that worked pretty well for a while.

Claritin :D and I get shots too.....THEY WORK SO WELL but fer the first day they make me like jittery and I have weird dreams. BUT It's OK

i take flonase. once you get past having to shoot stuff up your nose it's quite the miracle drug in my book.

I seem to have allergies all year round. I take Allegra, which seems to work pretty well so far...

I am allergic to a lot of stuff and at very high levels. I went through 2 years of non stop sinus infections that ultimately required surgery this past december. Now I get shots. I think I need to move away from DC because the Allergies really suck here.

DiGi said:
I am allergic to a lot of stuff and at very high levels. I went through 2 years of non stop sinus infections that ultimately required surgery this past december. Now I get shots. I think I need to move away from DC because the Allergies really suck here.

I had problems with them in Kentucky too, but I've had a sore throat every day since I moved here. :(

[edit: don't you hate when you have that mental block where you can't remember how to spell normal words? :mad: ]

Last edited:
:yes: DC :down: for allergies. :( I take Claritin D, but it still gets pretty bad during the summer. And I thought the Ohio Valley was miserable for allergies...

FizzingWhizzbees said:
Yep...the allergy fairy seems to have taken up residence in my house :( I get prescriptions for fexofenadine (aka Telfast, although it probably has another brand name in the US) and beclomethasone (Beconase) spray which works like a dream - no side-effects and almost no allergy symptoms.

But if you want over-the-counter medication, I used to take Clarityn and that worked pretty well for a while.

Fexofenadine is Allegra in the US.

That's what I take.

I take Benadryl at home, but not while driving or a work. It works really well. Other than that, I think Sudafed works, but it makes me hyper.

dizzy said:
I've had headaches (due to sinus infections) since I moved to DC. :tsk:

I had those everyday as well before i had surgery. It sucked.....I have lived here (DC) all but one year of my life (lived in Washington State - when i was a frosh in college)....it was always bad twice a year for me, but 2 and a half years ago it just got out of control and i was mis everyday for 2 years. not fun at all.

DC is actually the worst place in the US for allergies

Last edited:
I don't have a pollen allergy, but a sun allergy. :( It realy sucks because actually I shouldn't go outside without enough sun creme or with a long t-shirt, but I don't care and then I have to suffer again. :scream: But it's my own fault - I just don't want to listen to other people's advice.....

I never suffered from allergies until I moved to Dallas. Then I "acquired" them, along with thousands of others. My Dr. told me Dallas is one of the worst places in the country for sufferers. Well, duh. Coulda told him that.

What do I take for them? Typically a NAP. Knocks me out.

This sucks. I can not breath. I have a sinus infection. I have finally broke down and admitted that I have allergies. I am on Allegra and Nasonex. The Nasonex is a nose inhaler thing and I hate it. ugh. :scream:

Back
Top Bottom