Allergies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2democrat

Blue Crack Addict
I hate them! I don't know about everywhere else, but the local news here was saying that this year is the worst in 50 years for allergies. I believe it. I've been having difficulty breathing, almost asthmatic, and I'm seriously considering gouging out my eyes if they continue to itch like this. I just took an OTC Claritin, hopefully that'll kick in soon.

Anyone else going crazy?

Got Philk? said:
I wake up in the morning consistantly with a stuffy nose b/c of the tree outside my window...it's great.

Yeah, he lives with my parents and their 75 ft. pine tree is baaaad. I was there on Saturday and I'm STILL feeling nasty. Animals and normal stuff doesn't bother me, but that pine tree snows yellow pollen for weeks.

I'm such a :nerd:, i'm allergic to:

dust: because I have Rhinitis (don't know how to spell it in english). In the worst cases I can't breath and I feel sufocated.

cold: I'm propense to respiratory infections and the actual winter (yes, bogotá is a cold city :D ) isn't helping me at all.

while I was in college I found that i'm allergic to the photographic chemicals :S

Mine have passed, thank God.

I get a terribly runny nose, but I can put up with that so long as my sinuses aren't throbbing. That's the worst by far.

I've been on non-stop 24-hr. Allegra for nearly a month now...heh.

Melon

my allergies have been really bad so far this summer but they seem to get worse every year. The Claritin isn't cutting it. I'm wondering about Claritin D

I'm supposed to be taking advair and nasonex but haven't been. It just seems like too much medicine

Mine are at their worse in the morning. The nurse at the doctor's office where I get my shots told me to take my Allegra before I go to bed. I have and it's been really helping me.

Suprisingly, I haven't been too bad this. I think all they rain we've gotten in the northeast has helped me out quite a bit. I'm taking Alavert and it does seem to be working too. In the past I've taken Flonase, Claratin, Allegra, and a few other things as well.

My allergies suck----but they're much better now that we've moved out of the moldy basement that we used to live in!! :yes:

u2democrat, you're in VA, right? i'm in dc....it's always so terrible around us! i think a month ago they said the pollen count was like 3000 (when the hundreds are bad enough!). oy! i have a bunch of friends from college & med school who'd never had allergies until they'd moved here.

i'm in dc....it's always so terrible around us! i think a month ago they said the pollen count was like 3000 (when the hundreds are bad enough!)

We live just south of Frederick, MD and I've been hearing too how horrible the pollen count is here around D.C.
My son has been on Claritin for the past couple of months. He is having a hard time with his allergies this year. Always a runny nose, itchy watery eyes, etc... A non-stop cold for him.
I feel so sorry for my little man :(

For thos of you who get seasonal allergies, I recommend lemon and ginger tea. I get extremely bad hayfever, and was recommended it by a friend - I have a cup first thing in the morning, and it works like a miracle cure.
The tea doesn't taste so good, but it works just as well as things like beconase and claritin.

Yup, my allergies are also bothering me a lot..

Have tried a lot of different medicine, but I guess a combination of some of them only seem to work on me.

I do not like allergies. I really don't. They get me really upset trom time to time :|

My Allergies have seemed to have returned, since moving to FL I didn't suffer as much as I used to in New England but this year has been pretty bad again. :|

Here's a funny allergy story: My housemate has this cat, Maximus, and two guinea pigs. The other day, she got a new kitten. I was in the process of rearranging things in the storage room, where the cat stuff is. So Max is pissed about the new cat, goes into his room to sulk, but can't find his cat bed because I moved it. Instead, he goes to sleep in the guinea pig cage. Later on, Melissa is holding Max because she feels bad for him. Then, her whole face breaks out into this rash of red bumps. Apparently she's allergic to the timothy hay in the guinea pig cage and when she held Max, it got all over her face. She looked really funny and had to go out after midnight to buy cream and new makeup since our graduation was the next day! :lol:

So yeah, never directly or indirectly rub your face in timothy hay!

beau2ifulday said:
For thos of you who get seasonal allergies, I recommend lemon and ginger tea. I get extremely bad hayfever, and was recommended it by a friend - I have a cup first thing in the morning, and it works like a miracle cure.
The tea doesn't taste so good, but it works just as well as things like beconase and claritin.

I'd like to see the clinical studies on that one:wink:

nbcrusader said:
My allergies finally stopped when I moved from Ohio to California. I guess I am not allergic to smog.

I'm not surprised. Mine returned when I came back here...blech.

Melon

U2democrat said:
I've been having difficulty breathing, almost asthmatic

My allergies turn into fullblown asthma when I returned home from Kenya to the most extreme pollen count ever - just wonderful being home again! :|

gherman said:
I'd like to see the clinical studies on that one:wink:

Preferably controlled, randomised, double-blinded and cross-over... :nerd: :wink:

You still not feeling any better U2Dem? The constant sneezing is something that always drives me up the wall with allergies :madspit:

Im actually surprised by how easy Im getting off with allergies this year. Live in the country and my East Coast winter was pretty mild and dry.

Back
Top Bottom