All we really need to do is find BRAND NEW LOVERS - CGSW!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Join me and Justin in sitting on the front porch, drinking iced tea and waving rolling pins at passing young people :madwife:

I don't drink iced tea. Or any tea for that matter. :lol: But, yes, I'm totally there in principle. :D

Well, cultural studies in general. :lol: It's a fascinating non-discipline. We've been talking about constructions of identity, subjectivity, objectivity (hint: it doesn't exist :wink: ), being a subject of society (not in a bad sense, but everyone is, based on class, gender, sexuality, etc.) Today though in Music as Discourse, we were talking about the issue of describing music, which is indescribable by definition, and how our constructions and interpretations come into that, but that it's okay because all we have are these constructions because there is nothing else. And these constructions all depend on the interpreter's subject position and history/context.

:crazy: :drool:

Neat. :D

...and of course :crazy:

How about a simple glass of water then? Anything to entice you to come sit with us on the porch on summer afternoons and wave rolling pins at young people and preferebly yell stuff at them too :madwife:

How about a simple glass of water then? Anything to entice you to come sit with us on the porch on summer afternoons and wave rolling pins at young people and preferebly yell stuff at them too :madwife:

:giggle: I don't usually drink water either, but I'll sit there and wave my rolling pin on the porch on summer afternoons with you guys anyway. :wink:

You don't drink water?? :ohmy::ohmy:

I have very fickle taste buds, I can taste impurities in the water, so I won't even drink something like Dasani because it tastes funny to me. :lol: I will, however, happily drink Smart Water or the water that comes from the office water coolers.

What kind of pop?

In an ideal world where the University didn't have a ridiculous deal with Coca-Cola, Mountain Dew Code Red. Due to said deal, usually Mello Yello, Cherry Coke, or Mr. Pibb. :up:

Wayne was telling me how he was setting up a display at work and some kid kept trying to ruin it..... Yes, the kid was young, like 13-14.

:madwife:

Wayne was telling me how he was setting up a display at work and some kid kept trying to ruin it..... Yes, the kid was young, like 13-14.

That would be a teenager being a douchebag. :wink: :lol:

:madwife: though, I've totally had that happen when I used to work retail. :down: :down:

Smartwater :love: Aquafina is good too.

Aquafina's pretty good. :yes: Smart Water's gotta be my favorite though, it tastes like nothing but pure water. :drool: That's my big thing, water shouldn't taste like anything, absolutely nothing.

That's the last straw, to the porch! :madwife:

:wink:

Jail till he's 17, then straight to a strict army. After that, he'll be sufficiently mellowed down enough to sit with us on the porch and hate other young people. He will deserve his own rolling pin by then :yes:

I'm sure all of us have young-people-are-stupid anecdotes... Yesterday when I was on campus, I went to the bookstore and came out carrying a hot cup of coffee in one hand and my heavy school bag in the other. A gentleman held the door open for me but a group of visiting high school freshmen pushed past me and let the door slam in my face :|

Another :madwife: :D
Anyone else have any? :hyper:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom