All-Time Favorite Scenes From TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think that this is clearly the greatest scene in TV history. Seriously, the acting and the depth of these characters are so great that if more people would watch this show it would change the world.

Its the most insightful show on television.

This is easy for me. From last season's The Office finale, The Job. Couldn't find it on Youtube, so here's the written version:

Pam (to camera): I haven’t heard anything. But I bet Jim got the job. I mean, why wouldn’t he? He’s totally qualified, and smart, everyone loves him. And if he never comes back again, that’s okay. We’re friends. And I’m sure we’ll stay friends. We just … we never got the timing right. You know? I shot him down, and then he did the same to me, but you know what? It’s okay. I am totally fine. Everything is going to be totally …

Jim: Pam. Sorry. Um, are you free for dinner tonight?

Pam: Yes.

Jim: All right. Then it’s a date.

Pam (to camera): I’m sorry, what was the question?

I've watched this scene probably 50 times, know what's coming, know the dialogue off by heart, and yet I still get teary every time I see it. The expression on her face is amazing. Those crazy kids. :heart:

on friends when chandler is trying to explain how joey's tailor took advantage of him
:lol:

Speaking of Friends... the blackout episode, when Chandler is stuck in an ATM vestibule with Jill Goodacher. :lol:

EdgeIsTooSexy said:
on friends when chandler is trying to explain how joey's tailor took advantage of him
:lol:

"There was cupping!"

I think my favorite scene from Friends is when Monica and Chandler are finally outed from their secret affair, because Phoebe, Joey and Rachel start to mess with them, with Phoebe coming on to Chandler, and Chandler having to play along because his relationship with Monica is still a secret.

"I can't wait to have all the sex." :lol:

One of my all-time favorite scenes is from the season 5 finale of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "The Gift."

I'd link to a clip if there were anything remotely worthwhile on YouTube, Buffy-wise. :mad:

But basically (and this will just sound crazy if you haven't seen it), Buffy and Dawn are atop the scaffolding, and the portal has been opened because Dawn's blood has been spilled, and Buffy realizes that "death is your gift" means that she has to sacrifice herself to save the world.

"Dawnie, I have to," she says, and the saddest music ever begins to play, and while at first you don't hear what she says to Dawn, she runs off the scaffolding (in slow motion at first) and swan-dives off it, into the portal, and she dies with a look of calm acceptance on her face, and you hear the voice-over of everything she told Dawn before jumping. Then her friends are devastated as they gaze upon her broken body on the ground.

And then, fade up to her headstone: "Buffy Summers. She saved the world a lot."

And I bawl my fool head off. :sad:

(But it's okay, because Willow and the Scooby gang resurrect her next season, not knowing they're pulling her out of heaven, not some untold hell dimension. Oops.)

The race scene in the Goodies episode 'Black and White Beauty'.

No matter how many times I've seen it, it still kills me. Hilarious.

Also...

Steve Holt is a bastard. He doesn’t even know who his real father is! What else don’t we know about Steve Holt? George Michael Bluth is a cool guy. His dad is a powerful executive, working for this man. The girls like him just fine. Young and old, it doesn’t matter... in the dark.

For me, it's the diner scene at the end of the Marine Biologist episode of Senifeld.

Honorable mention to the scene in Arrested Development where Gob hires the male strippers to fake a drug deal and then fake making an arrest..."What cops?! These are strippers! Look how hot they are!!"

Zootlesque said:
Speaking of Friends... the blackout episode, when Chandler is stuck in an ATM vestibule with Jill Goodacher. :lol:

lol "gum would be perfection!"

VintagePunk said:
Cori, the Buffy scene you're describing, it's always Spike's reaction that gets me. :sad:

Yeah. :sad: He had the best reaction when Buffy was resurrected, as well.

corianderstem said:

I think my favorite scene from Friends is when Monica and Chandler are finally outed from their secret affair, because Phoebe, Joey and Rachel start to mess with them, with Phoebe coming on to Chandler, and Chandler having to play along because his relationship with Monica is still a secret.

"I can't wait to have all the sex." :lol:

lol i love that too,
they dont know that we know that they know
=Friends Freak

I'm trying to remember the lines Phoebe and/or Chandler say when she busts out her bra in front of him. Something like "these are my breasts" and "they're very nice" or something, and they're both so uncomfortable.

ummm yeah shes like this is my bra do u want to touch it?
and he puts his finger on her strap and makes this funny face

something like that lol its hilarious

No spoken words said:
Honorable mention to the scene in Arrested Development where Gob hires the male strippers to fake a drug deal and then fake making an arrest..."What cops?! These are strippers! Look how hot they are!!"

"That's why you never try to teach your father a lesson."

There are so many AD moments I couldn't even think of one.

But the mention of Gob reminds me of when he was pitching his idea of a singles community to the other company he briefly worked for:

"Check the lease, man--you're living in Fuck City!"

No spoken words said:
For me, it's the diner scene at the end of the Marine Biologist episode of Senifeld.

Anything with GOB or Tobias qualifies for best thing ever.

Laz, I was on the brink of mentioning that one as well......the whole series of quotes makes it even more special:

"52% of the country is single. That's a market that's been dominated by apartment rentals. Let's take some of that market. I call it "Single City."

"It's, like, "Hey, you want to go down to the whirlpool?" "Yeah, I don't have a husband." I call it "Swing City."

"How do we filter out the teases? We don't let them in. This goes for the guys, too. Because sometimes the guys are tapped out. But check your lease, man. Because you're living in Fuck City!

My favorite GOB moment:

Gob: [while giving a lecture on office sexual harassment policies] Please refrain from discussing or engaging in any inter-office
[bleep]
Gob: and
[bleep]
Gob: and finger
[bleep]
Gob: and
[long bleep]
Gob: or even
[bleep]
Gob: . Even though so many of us are *begging* for it. Oh, and if anyone lays a finger on my sister Lindsay, I'll take off my pants, I'll show you my
[bleep]
Gob: and I'll personally
[long bleep]
Gob: .

Carl Weathers as himself:

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. There’s still plenty of meat on that bone. Now you take this home, throw it in a pot, add some broth, a potato. Baby, you’ve got a stew going!"

gobbeadsxt8.gif

corianderstem said:

One of my all-time favorite scenes is from the season 5 finale of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, "The Gift."

I'd link to a clip if there were anything remotely worthwhile on YouTube, Buffy-wise. :mad:

But basically (and this will just sound crazy if you haven't seen it), Buffy and Dawn are atop the scaffolding, and the portal has been opened because Dawn's blood has been spilled, and Buffy realizes that "death is your gift" means that she has to sacrifice herself to save the world.

"Dawnie, I have to," she says, and the saddest music ever begins to play, and while at first you don't hear what she says to Dawn, she runs off the scaffolding (in slow motion at first) and swan-dives off it, into the portal, and she dies with a look of calm acceptance on her face, and you hear the voice-over of everything she told Dawn before jumping. Then her friends are devastated as they gaze upon her broken body on the ground.

And then, fade up to her headstone: "Buffy Summers. She saved the world a lot."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=i3L7J_NIuAE

Found it.

And yeah, that is one of my favorite TV moments ever too.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!! :sad:

Maybe the trick is not to search using "Buffy." :hmm:

Thanks for finding that!

Back
Top Bottom