All-Time Favorite Scene From A Movie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay, that's the only part of the movie I've ever seen, but what was so great about that? A one-second kill followed by a full minute of Leatherface looking anxious?

Lila64 said:
The end of Dead Poet's Society. Oh Captain My Captain... And how the music builds... and and and.... I cry every time (like now :sniffle: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8UL_9R_W-Y

thank you boys, thank you :sad: :heart:

Ditto - I can't tell you how many times I've seen DPS, and every single time i get all choked up too!!

I LOVE pretty much the whole of the movie The Breakfast Club, but particularly the scene where they are all sitting upstairs in the library talking about thier skills and why they are there that saturday. Unfortunately couldn't find a clip of that exact bit anywhere.

These scenes from Trainspotting, one of the greatest films ever made.:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GgeDh1WCyeM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebw4etz_Vpg

I remember seeing Trainspotting at the cinema and pissing myself laughing over that last one!!!

lazarus said:
"You either surf, or fight!"

Mention should also be made of the Chef/tiger scene. "Never get out of the boat...bye bye tiger!"

T be more exact. only cause I'm like a seeeeerious fan...

"Never get out of the boat. Absolutely goddamn right. Unless you were goin' all the way. Kurtz got off the boat. He split from the whole fuckin' program"

man this flick is full of some of the best gems ever in film

"Why do all you guys sit on your helmets?"

"So we don't get our balls blown off." (and Chef's reaction LOL)

or

"DId you know that IF is the middle word in LIFE?"

"You can't travel in space, you can't go out into space, you know, without, like, you know, uh, with fractions...what are you going to land on - one/quarter, three/eighths?"

or

"Hey soldier, do you know whose in command here? "

"Ain't you? "

or

"Everyone gets everything he wants. I wanted a mission, and for my sins, they gave me one. Brought it up to me like room service. It was a real choice mission, and when it was over, I never wanted another" (huge Conrad reference)

or

"It's fuckin' pagan idolatry....I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to heaven. But now? Fuck! I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here."

I wasn't asking about the Texas Chainsaw Massacre scene to be sarcastic ... I really want to know what I'm missing. Why is it so great?

I'm not the best at putting these types of things into words, but I'll give it a go.

Some of it is being down to breaking away from the norm. Rather than basking in a gratuitously bloody death scene it's a shockingly realistic blow that does it. But then we learn so much about Leatherface from his anxiety afterwards. He's genuinely frightened about these strangers coming into his house and is protecting his home primally and instinctively. It's not often that movie killers get decent, or indeed any, characterisation and the whole scene is pulled off perfectly.

It'd been a while since I've seen it too, weirdd how I remembered it very differently.

gabrielvox said:

T be more exact. only cause I'm like a seeeeerious fan...

"Never get out of the boat. Absolutely goddamn right. Unless you were goin' all the way. Kurtz got off the boat. He split from the whole fuckin' program"

I'm a huge fan too, I was just abbreviating Chef's psycho outburst! Other highlights:

"I just wanted to fuckin' cook man!"

"You can kiss my ass in the county square cuz I don't need this shit!"

I think this must be one of the most disturbing parts inthe film because you really just see this guy go to pieces. One minute he's talking about his dream of being a saucier, and then he's just sitting on the deck sobbing afterwards...hardcore.

bonosgirl84 said:
b2_sunset_3img_assist_custom.jpg

"Baby, you are gonna miss that plane."
I'm saying :up: :up:

Love this scene from Half Nelson. Great use of "Shampoo Suicide" :drool:

I agree Laz, I thought she stole the screen. Her first scene at the club was really funny too. "Guys here wanna fuck me, right?" :lol:

Believe it or not, I saw this movie for the first time yesterday. I hated SuperBad so much, that I assumed I wouldn't like this one either. I loved it. My wife was laughing so hard I thought SHE was going to go into labor.

Debbie: I'm not gonna go to the end of the fucking line, who the fuck are you? I have just as much of a right to be here as any of these little skanky girls. What, am I not skanky enough for you, you want me to hike up my fucking skirt? What the fuck is your problem? I'm not going anywhere, you're just some roided out freak with a fucking clipboard. And your stupid little fucking rope! You know what, you may have power now but you are not god. You're a doorman, okay. You're a doorman, doorman, doorman, doorman, doorman, so... Fuck You! You fucking fag with your fucking little faggy gloves.

Doorman: I know... you're right. I'm so sorry, I fuckin' hate this job. I don't want to be the one to pass judgement, decide who gets in. Shit makes me sick to my stomach, I get the runs from the stress. It's not cause you're not hot, I would love to tap that ass. I would tear that ass up. I can't let you in cause you're old as fuck. For this club, you know, not for the earth.

Debbie: What?

Doorman: You old, she pregnant. Can't have a bunch of old pregnant bitches running around. That's crazy, I'm only allowed to let in five percent black people. He said that, that means if there's 25 people here I get to let in one and a quarter black people. So I gotta hope there's a midget in the crowd.

:lmao: that's just damn good writing.

Back
Top Bottom