All time favorite character?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lancemc

Blue Crack Addict
Here's a tough question.

What is your single all-time favorite character ever to appear in a film of any genre/era/role?

You're only allowed to select one. No cheating.

I think that I'd go with Andy Dufresne from the Shawshank Redemption, but I might change my mind later.

Easy, Christopher Plummer as Captain von Trapp in The Sound of Music. Love it, love it, love it! Sooo glad Walter Matthau turned down that role.

Honorable Mentions:

- Russell Crowe as James Braddock in Cinderella Man
- Billy Petersen as Gil Grissom in CSI
- Martin Sheen as General Lee in Gettysburg

671a923daf732c745de3e0283cd7e499.gif

Oh wait, we can pick a tv show character? Then my favorite ever is Maxwell Smart from Get Smart....sorry Andy

bono_212 said:
Oh wait, we can pick a tv show character? Then my favorite ever is Maxwell Smart from Get Smart....sorry Andy

Actually no. I wanted to limit it to film characters specifically, because I knew if TV were allowed, a lot of people would choose TV characters if only because of the much longer time they have to flesh out.

But Screwtape hit the nail right on the head. I shall go with my avatar as well, as it was sort of the inspiration to make this thread to begin with. :wink:

We can choose characters from a book, then, judging from the above reply?

If so, Hank Reardon from Atlas Shrugged.

If movies only, then I have to say that my favorite character...not the best, just my favorite, is Bill Cutting from Gangs of New York (Daniel Day Lewis' character). Travis Bickle is a close 2nd. Favorite, here, for me, is my favorite to watch, these are not necessarily characters I look up to or identify with. Honorable mention to Andy Dufresne, Gbison's William Wallace (a real life person, but still) and Crowe's Maximus.

bono_212 said:
I think that I'd go with Andy Dufresne from the Shawshank Redemption, but I might change my mind later.

oooh that's a good one. Love that movie

Gah it's really hard to chose just one.
Fine...I'm gonna go with...All Time Favorite Jack Sparrow, because someone has to so I guess it's gonna be me

Mr Elwood P. Dowd from Harvey....

Jimmy Stewart=legend.

Though Lawrence is top as well:up:

oh, shoot, it's movies only ....

the_big_lebowski_5.jpg

[q]Maude Lebowski: Does the female form make you uncomfortable, Mr. Lebowski?
The Dude: Uh, is that what this is a picture of?
Maude Lebowski: In a sense, yes. My art has been commended as being strongly vaginal which bothers some men. The word itself makes some men uncomfortable. Vagina.
The Dude: Oh yeah?
Maude Lebowski: Yes, they don't like hearing it and find it difficult to say whereas without batting an eye a man will refer to his dick or his rod or his Johnson.
The Dude: Johnson?[/q]

Back
Top Bottom