All Things Radiohead!! General Discussion thread is here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2Fanatic4ever

Blue Crack Addict
I have been pondering this for a bit.. thought why not have a general discussion thread about all things Radiohead here..

Of couse love these guys as much as U2... so why not discuss all lovely things and maybe not so lovely things about these 5 guys and their incredible music..

So, I am going to start it off with some pics...

Here it goes:

my avatar! :drool:
Thomatpianou2shirt.png

thomnyc2closeup1.jpg

thomu2shirt.jpg

Enjoy! :wink:

The sight of Thom at the piano :love:

I decided at the show the other night that he's become a better piano player.

And I love them as much as I love U2, too. Every one of them.

Climbing Up the Walls is one of the best songs ever.
Fake Plastic Trees, You and Whose Army and How To Disappear Completely aren't bad as well. :wink:

Videotape is fuckin' amazing. We are in for a great 7th album.

i dont much care for threads like this, cause often news gets lost in stuff like this.

like for instance... the leak.

what bear said.

with a band like radiohead, in this forum, you HAVE to be specific.

p.s. i'm leaving for wilco now!

why post here if you don't like these kind of threads? :huh: I mean with all that is going on with radiohead I thought a general discussion thread would be a good idea instead of several different ones on them.

and if the mods want to merge any of the other threads in here (2 that I started and any others) that would be fine with me. :wink:

also.. this forum is a: "General music discussion area!" who says you have to be specific... you certainly have the right to voice your opinion...

U2Fanatic4ever said:
I have been pondering this for a bit..
thomu2shirt.jpg

Enjoy! :wink:

Great idea for a thread, I hope it works :up:

I think Thom missed the short bus in this pic

"When the fuck do we get ice cream???"

Re: Re: All Things Radiohead!! General Discussion thread is here!

LemonMacPhisto said:

Great idea for a thread, I hope it works :up:

I think Thom missed the short bus in this pic

"When the fuck do we get ice cream???"

thanks for the support Lemon! :wink:

I know that pic is erm.. well.. is freaky eh? :lol:

Well, most other artists have only a few threads. Radiohead has what? 20?

I don't see why 1 artist has more than 1 thread anyways?

FYI, if you would have searched you probably could have found about 7 past "general Radiohead discussion threads". There was even a Radiohead discussion subforum back in the day. They're all short lived, as will be this one.

And heaven forbid if someone talks about something SLIGHTLY off topic in a thread about the same band. :rolleyes:

We used to have a whole subforun for Radiohead, but I never visited it because I wasn't a fan back then. I kind of wish we still had it now that I'm a fan.

u2popmofo said:
FYI, if you would have searched you probably could have found about 7 past "general Radiohead discussion threads". There was even a Radiohead discussion subforum back in the day. They're all short lived, as will be this one.

And heaven forbid if someone talks about something SLIGHTLY off topic in a thread about the same band. :rolleyes:

i didn't so sue me.. I was just trying to condense the number of RH threads down to one or two..Clearly the thread about thom yorke's new album deserves it's own thread. And I am new to this forum so I was unaware of the subforum back in the day..now that has been mentioned I wish we still had it..

and for the something off topic it was more along the lines of" I hate these kinds of threads" not having anything to do with the band.. just to stir things up is more the reason.. and as I have said everyone has a right to voice their own opinion I just wonder why they would waste space in a thread they supposedly hate.. :huh:

U2Fanatic4ever said:
I was just trying to condense the number of RH threads down to one or two..
thing is, this actually just adds to the clutter. the existing radiohead threads - the ones on this page anyway - have specific topics pertaining to radiohead. tour stuff is in the 'i'm seeing radiohead in philly' thread. i think the new song stuff could be a part of that one as well, but i guess some people prefer it in a separate thread. and as you said, the thom yorke album has its own thread. but this one's just a free for all. so if someone has radiohead news and decides to put it in the first radiohead thread he or she finds, the people who are actually looking for that news would either miss it or would have to sift through pages and pages of whatever to find it. i can't see it being helpful to anyone who's looking for specific information on what's going on with the band

and for the something off topic it was more along the lines of" I hate these kinds of threads" not having anything to do with the band.. just to stir things up is more the reason.. and as I have said everyone has a right to voice their own opinion I just wonder why they would waste space in a thread they supposedly hate.. :huh:
i think those of us that have said that these kinds of threads are unnecessary are pointing out WHY it is that we think so. the discussion of radiohead in this forum is second only to U2. and since this is a U2 site, U2 discussion is categorized accordingly: a tour forum, a news forum, a picture forum, etc. since we can't really do that with radiohead, the best that we can do is keep the radiohead topics in separate threads. and i'm not saying to start a new topic for every single little thing. like mofo said, there is leeway in most of the threads. but to glom everything together into one radiohead thread is akin to merging all the U2 forums together and then trying to find specific information.

anyway, thanks for reminding me that i have a right to voice my opinion, and then calling my opinion a waste of space. :huh:

whatever. have fun with your thread.

Wasn't their once a Radiohead forum at Interference? I'm guessing Amnesiac and Hail To The Thief kind of tainted that............or the fact that there's a Radiohead site done by the authors of Interference?

But yeah, despite the last two albums being dreadful, I really like The Eraser and have high hopes for the full band's next outing.

lmjhitman said:

thing is, this actually just adds to the clutter. the existing radiohead threads - the ones on this page anyway - have specific topics pertaining to radiohead. tour stuff is in the 'i'm seeing radiohead in philly' thread. i think the new song stuff could be a part of that one as well, but i guess some people prefer it in a separate thread. and as you said, the thom yorke album has its own thread. but this one's just a free for all. so if someone has radiohead news and decides to put it in the first radiohead thread he or she finds, the people who are actually looking for that news would either miss it or would have to sift through pages and pages of whatever to find it. i can't see it being helpful to anyone who's looking for specific information on what's going on with the band

i think those of us that have said that these kinds of threads are unnecessary are pointing out WHY it is that we think so. the discussion of radiohead in this forum is second only to U2. and since this is a U2 site, U2 discussion is categorized accordingly: a tour forum, a news forum, a picture forum, etc. since we can't really do that with radiohead, the best that we can do is keep the radiohead topics in separate threads. and i'm not saying to start a new topic for every single little thing. like mofo said, there is leeway in most of the threads. but to glom everything together into one radiohead thread is akin to merging all the U2 forums together and then trying to find specific information.

anyway, thanks for reminding me that i have a right to voice my opinion, and then calling my opinion a waste of space. :huh:

whatever. have fun with your thread.

I guess you didn't see my note to the mods to merge the 2 radiohead threads that I started that are on the first page of this forum. So, all this clutter is up to them if it were an issue they would close and merge the threads. But I think that the point of this forum is that it is a "general music discussion" forum so this maybe the reason for the clutter..

As for someone who has RH news to post or is looking for it. They are gonna go to an RH website/message board first for that. Logically that would be what most people do. So coming here would be a second source or third in my guess. (This is what I do and some others here as well). And I am not saying that they have to post here for god's sake. If they post in another thread oh well. But if the mods choose to merge the threads here then their posts will go here.

other than yourself, no one is pointing out why these threads are unnecessary, meaning giving an explanation for it.. To me it sounds like they are just trying to stir things up. They are stating their opinions and so are you. And me saying that why post here if you don't like these threads is stating my opinion. To each his own. Let's just leave it at that.

ok, again.. this is a general music discussion forum which means that it pertains to all music not just U2. And for RH being second to U2 in this forum well, people are not gonna come here first for stuff pertaining to U2 (tour news, album news, and pics and stuff relating to the guys) there are forums for that as you have stated. I am not trying to create a RH Forum here just trying to bring down some of the clutter. Just attempting to be helpful and if it doesn't do that oh well the thread will just recede to the back of the forum then (mainly trying to condense the two threads I started into one really).
I certainly don't see how this is akin to merging all U2 forums into one. I never said or intended to merge all RH threads just certain ones.

thanks for the heated discussion..

So ...let's all continue to enjoy the thread while its still here shall we.. I certainly was.

Damn. "I hate threads like this, so I'm going to write three paragraphs about why I hate it, rather than ignore it."

Anyway, Last night's show was better than Tuesday's. :wink: Fucking great!!!

Two questions from me (I still consider myself new to the Radiohead addiction):

1. The drummer, Phil? Is he the best drummer ever, or am I on crack?

2. I want to read a good book about Radiohead this summer. Something akin to Flanagan's book. What should I go buy with my giftcards?

martha said:
Damn. "I hate threads like this, so I'm going to write three paragraphs about why I hate it, rather than ignore it."

Anyway, Last night's show was better than Tuesday's. :wink: Fucking great!!!

Two questions from me (I still consider myself new to the Radiohead addiction):

1. The drummer, Phil? Is he the best drummer ever, or am I on crack?

2. I want to read a good book about Radiohead this summer. Something akin to Flanagan's book. What should I go buy with my giftcards?

1) Yes Phil is the best drummer eve!!!1

2) I recommend reading "Radiohead: From a Great Height"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/15...r=1-5/ref=sc_b_6/002-1818497-6241636?n=283155

Here is a list of ther books you can read...
http://radiohead1.tripod.com/disc/book/index.htm#green

Ah, Larry is a pretty good drummer too.

Thanks for that book suggestion, Xavi. I recently read another one. It had that picture of Thom Yorke that Zoomerang is using for his avatar on the cover. I think it's called Radiohead: Hysterical and Useless, but I'm not sure. It was good, though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom