All Things Radiohead!! General Discussion thread is here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can someone point me to where I can download the boot? I have a new computer and lost that link and I can't even remember the name of the site, let alone my password on it. :huh:

woo hoooooooooo!! They are back in the studio!!:hyper:

here is a blurb from Dead Air Space

Thom posted at Dead Air Space again:

back at werk
so we have staRTed up again had a good today
working on a version of 15step and rebuilding our studio
in the wind

and if you live in the uk there is this
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/trident/

x
Thom

c'mon guys.. get this album done...

:wink:

ok.. I'm RH loopy right now..but bear with me.. :giggle:

I found this too.. Very cool take from another bands perspective of RH... :cool:

Deerhoof on touring with Radiohead
Deerhoof are releasing their new album, 'Friend Opportunity' next week. Drummer Greg Saunier talked to JunkMedia about their tour with Radiohead last year.

You have been playing quite a few high profile shows lately. What was it like for the band to open up for Radiohead?

Greg Saunier: "Everybody knows what an uncommon live group they are, and even with years of buildup and knowing there was no way they could live up to the legend, they were so much better than even my highest expectation that my whole outlook on the world had to be immediately revised. But what people might not know is that they are so great in person. All five of them, and everyone in their enormous crew, were all so sweet to us. They really supported our music. If one of John's pedals got busted, someone from their crew would immediately offer to help. Someone from the band watched us from the side of the stage almost every night. Phil brought us cupcakes. Jonny brought us champagne and offered to play on our album, until he heard some rough mixes and said it already sounded done. Jonny did our light show in Amsterdam. He even used the strobe light which wasn't allowed. Ed asked us how we got our guitar tone, [because] he wanted to steal it. When Radiohead had a night off in Dublin, and Deerhoof had our own show in a small club, how did Thom spend his free time? He came to our show and danced like crazy. Colin kept taking our picture and posting pictures of us on Radiohead's website, and he'd imitate Satomi's dance during their show. Jim Warren, who does their sound mix, said he'd be happy to do ours as well and went and studied one of our albums to research what we wanted our mix to sound like. I do not expect this sort of treatment from any band, let alone a band on the level of Radiohead. They are disproving every truism about how famous people are supposed to act, and that taught us a beautiful lesson." [full interview at JunkMedia.org]

MrBrau1 said:
I still have hope they can pull out of their current 3 crap album slump and deliver something great.

have you heard the new songs?? :scratch: I mean they played them live last year and all are incredible in the form they were performed in then.. How can this album not be one of their best?

I saw them play last year in philly and the new stuff was incredible live..:drool:

U2Man said:
do you think "i want none of this" will be an album track?

there is a chance....I mean "Lucky" was also released as a charity single back in 1995/6 and that made it onto OK Computer...so there is a chance:hmm:

as far as i remember, they wanted to, but decided to go with the one they had already made in the end.

listen to the beautiful harmonics at the start of the song.

thats ed :drool:

I Want None of This doesn't sound like it fits with the other new songs in its current incarnation.

If it was re-recorded I could see it ending up on the album.

im hoping for a july release. i want to hear the new wilco album properly before radiohead :rockon:

2007 will be a super awesome year in music. super awesome.

joyfulgirl said:

:yes: :hyper:

http://www.greenplastic.com/news/archives/2006/08/bonnaroo_dvd_on.php

Thom certainly loved the performance, which is evident in a recent interview he did on BBC 6 Music:

"We did this festival called Bonnaroo. We did 2.5 hours. And there's 80,000 people, admittedly they've been smoking the sticky green all day-- probably wouldn't go anywhere anyway. It was just amazing. We played loads of new stuff. We did whole sections of quiet piano songs and it sounds like the most grotesque, self-indulgent nonsense, but it probably is my favourite gig for years and years and years. It was a really mellow evening. Actually it's all being filmed, but we're sitting on it because there's loads of new stuff on it. Because we're mean like that. It will come out eventually."

interesting. but all the new songs can only be considered demos yet. do they really want to release those?

U2Man said:

interesting. but all the new songs can only be considered demos yet. do they really want to release those?

exactly what I've been saying to other Radiohead fans...:up:...so I doubt this will be released...though it would be nice:drool:

Lancemc said:
Paranoid Android is easily the band's most overrated song.

And I'll be the first to say that OK Computer features some of the band's finest songs. Let Down, No Surprises, and Lucky are pretty much better than anythingthing else they've ever done.

But OK Computer is also a Radiohead album with Fitter Happier, Electioneering, Climbing Up The Walls and yes Karma Police, 4 songs which I absolutely cannot listen to. They're just boring or plain bad. And if I can't listen to 1/4 of an album, there's no way in hell I can honestly consider it better than The Bends (near flawless, every song a near masterpiece), KID A, or even Anmesiac.

Electioneering is one of the fucking greatest songs ever. <-- please note the period.

i wonder if radiohead are shitting their pants now, considering the awesomeness of neon bible :hmm:

U2Man said:
i wonder if radiohead are shitting their pants now, considering the awesomeness of neon bible :hmm:

Ok, I fell for this in the Wilco thread.

LemonMelon said:
Neon Bible could very possibly be better than LP7. :sigh:

I've heard Neon Bible and while its an awesome record:up:

it doesn't have arpeggi, Nude or videotape:drool: :drool:

ah fuck it both will be great records :shrug:

xaviMF22 said:

ah fuck it both will be great records :shrug:

:rockon:

i promise ya, xavi. 2007 is gonna be one of THE years in music, and you're gonna remember it for the rest of your life.

1969 - 1991 - 2007

:rockon:

Back
Top Bottom