All Things Radiohead!! General Discussion thread is here!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
r.e.m. :drool:

scary thing: i was listening to a compilation of lossless radiohead recordings that i have on dvd at the same time i clicked. Lucky came on almost simultaneously :ohmy:

U2Man said:
r.e.m. :drool:

scary thing: i was listening to a compilation of lossless radiohead recordings that i have on dvd at the same time i clicked. Lucky came on almost simultaneously :ohmy:

what yer favorite RH song?

is it lucky?:wink:

Let Down is otherworldly. :drool: No Surprises, I Might Be Wrong, and True Love Waits are also fighting for the top honor personally.

Oh, and Gagging Order. Holy fucking shit that's good.

Oh, and Videotape. :|

:drool:

Lancemc said:
Let Down is otherworldly. :drool: No Surprises, I Might Be Wrong, and True Love Waits are also fighting for the top honor personally.

Oh, and Gagging Order. Holy fucking shit that's good.

Oh, and Videotape. :|

:drool:

QFT

so worth the money to download check this out!:wink::drool:

from ateaseweb.com

Nigel Godrich on 'From The Basement'
As previously reported, Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich's "From the Basement" will be available for download December 18, right here. The first show includes a preview of two new Radiohead tracks; 'Down Is The New Up' and 'Videotape'.

here's the link to purchase the 2 videos that thom did.

http://www.7digital.com/stores/productDetail.aspx?shop=530&product=52041&sid=607652&partner=276

Amazing!

is it really worth to pay for two videos of songs in which multiple recordings can be downloaded for free?

i think so.. great renditions of the songs.. slightly different take on them.. with just thom at the piano. and they are awesome quality videos.. lots of close up shots of thom at the piano.. so yeah its worth it! :up:

:entersRadioheaddiscussion:

I just got OK Computer for the first time.

:reject:

Utoo said:

OK Computer.....:drool:

"No surprises":drool:
"Let Down"....make sure you listen to this song.... with a good pair of headphones:drool:

If you end up liking "OK Computer" make sure you get "The Bends" next:wave:

Utoo said:

:hmm:

that's a little late, Utoo :wink:

but it's never too late.

welcome to our world, your life will never be the same again.

xaviMF22 said:

OK Computer.....:drool:

"No surprises":drool:
"Let Down"....make sure you listen to this song.... with a good pair of headphones:drool:

If you end up liking "OK Computer" make sure you get "The Bends" next:wave:

and after the bends, you should get hail to the thief. then pablo honey. and lastly kid a and amnesiac.

U2Man said:

:hmm:

that's a little late, Utoo :wink:

but it's never too late.

welcome to our world, your life will never be the same again.

I know, I can't believe it myself!

My brother-in-law gave it to me after I bravely admitted that I'd never heard most of it. His cousin was there at the time and she said, "This album will change your life." :wink:

his cousin is right.

OK Computer is one of THE albums in the history of music.

I'm waiting for a good time to listen to the whole thing straight through with headphones. Hopefully in the next day or two.....

Utoo said:
I'm waiting for a good time to listen to the whole thing straight through with headphones. Hopefully in the next day or two.....

Let Down:drool:

No Surprises:drool:

make sure you check out their videos too

Only Subterranian Homesick Alien and Fitter Happier may not be that great. but the rest of the album is pure musical jewelry.

U2Man said:
Only Subterranian Homesick Alien and Fitter Happier may not be that great. but the rest of the album is pure musical jewelry.

Subterranean homesick alien is awesome, one of the most underrated radiohead song :drool:

Electioneering and Fitter Happier are not that great:shrug:

Last edited:
no way.

that song hauls ass. oasis couldn't throw a rock song like that together if their ugly hair depended on it.

I'm not the biggest fan of OK Computer. I've always though it was over-rated as far as Radiohead albums go.

The strangest thing happened to me this week though. I used to actually detest HTTT, but I had a complete revelation of sorts, and the album just burst open for me. I went from virtually hating it to loving every bit of it (except for The Gloaming....blech).

Before this week this was my ranking:

1. Kid A
2. The Bends
3. Amnesiac
4. OK Computer
5. Pablo Honey
6. Hail to the Theif.

But NOW....it's much more like this:

1. Kid A
2. The Bends
3. Hail to the Theif
4. Amnesiac
5. OK Computer
6. Pablo Honey

So, there you have it. And currently my expectations for LP7 place it snuggly between Kid A and The Bends for me. Let's hope it doesn't disappoint. :yes:

Lancemc said:
I'm not the biggest fan of OK Computer. I've always though it was over-rated as far as Radiohead albums go.

The strangest thing happened to me this week though. I used to actually detest HTTT, but I had a complete revelation of sorts, and the album just burst open for me. I went from virtually hating it to loving every bit of it (except for The Gloaming....blech).

Before this week this was my ranking:

1. Kid A
2. The Bends
3. Amnesiac
4. OK Computer
5. Pablo Honey
6. Hail to the Theif.

But NOW....it's much more like this:

1. Kid A
2. The Bends
3. Hail to the Theif
4. Amnesiac
5. OK Computer
6. Pablo Honey

So, there you have it. And currently my expectations for LP7 place it snuggly between Kid A and The Bends for me. Let's hope it doesn't disappoint. :yes:

HTTT is awesome

2+2=5:drool:
There There:drool:
Where I end and you begin:drool:
Sail to the moon:drool:
Backdrifts:drool: This song is the best and one of my favorites

Conclusion=HTTT is a great album:up:

xaviMF22 said:

HTTT is awesome

2+2=5:drool:
There There:drool:
Where I end and you begin:drool:
Sail to the moon:drool:
Backdrifts:drool: This song is the best and one of my favorites

Conclusion=HTTT is a great album:up:

Yeah I gotta agree. I never thought I'd say that though. The first time I listened to that album I thought it was solid, but over the past three years I went from feeling luke warm to it to despising it. Yet somehow I guess I saw the light. And yes, Hail to the Theif is AMAZING. There are so many amazing tracks on it, though I still feel it's one of their least cohesive albums (unlike Kid A or even OK Computer).

But yeah. Backdrifts = Jesus.

Lancemc said:

Yeah I gotta agree. I never thought I'd say that though. The first time I listened to that album I thought it was solid, but over the past three years I went from feeling luke warm to it to despising it. Yet somehow I guess I saw the light. And yes, Hail to the Theif is AMAZING. There are so many amazing tracks on it, though I still feel it's one of their least cohesive albums (unlike Kid A or even OK Computer).

But yeah. Backdrifts = Jesus.

"sail to the moon" contains some of Jonny's finest guitar playing :drool:

Back
Top Bottom