All Things Australia-ish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chris Lilley's entire schtick is "oooh look at me I'm a grown man playing multiple stereotypical characters INCLUDING A GIRL OOOOH!"

Tosser.

:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

I have watched more than enough of Summer Heights High/We Can Be Heroes to notice that there is never a single joke. Fucking awful. Just, seriously.

Goddamn.

Sorry Danny, Sara and Inte.

I haven't watched enough to comment. That's all I will say on this matter.

The Sad Punk said:
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

I have watched more than enough of Summer Heights High/We Can Be Heroes to notice that there is never a single joke. Fucking awful. Just, seriously.

Goddamn.

Sorry Danny, Sara and Inte.

We can't agree on everything :lol:

Old blokes at the (suburban) footy: "I heard that those countries like Libya, where the oil is, they need a dictator, to rule with an iron fist, cos of all the bloody factions and gangs and that." "Yeah democracy is a Western thing, it doesn't work over there, when people do the wrong thing they just kill em... even Saddam, yeah he said some stupid shit sometimes, but he had control, that's what they need..."

Democracy doesn't have a good track record in those countries, but I wouldn't have thought an evil dictator was the answer.

Petrol prices started this conversation of course.

And people wonder why I prefer not to be part of the "real world". Thank god for the ivory tower.

We are doing some reno's at the moment. The next door neighbours knocked down and are rebuilding their house. Currently, there is no wall between the two houses. My younger German Shepherd, who is able to track a crumb of food from a gazillion miles away, decided to wander over to next door as "something smells gooooooooood". The bricklayers had left their lunch remains behind which included the carcase of a chicken. Harvey decides to bring chicken remains home. Chicken carcase was inside old bag for cement. Guess who spends next half an hour getting cement dust off dog and chicken out of his mouth??? Honestly, if he wasn't such a personality:heart: I would strangle him :lol:

I should totally go to something during the comedy festival.

Just wish the festival's website itself weren't so shit. I've got almost no idea what's on.

Russell Kane was good last night.

We are doing some reno's at the moment. The next door neighbours knocked down and are rebuilding their house. Currently, there is no wall between the two houses. My younger German Shepherd, who is able to track a crumb of food from a gazillion miles away, decided to wander over to next door as "something smells gooooooooood". The bricklayers had left their lunch remains behind which included the carcase of a chicken. Harvey decides to bring chicken remains home. Chicken carcase was inside old bag for cement. Guess who spends next half an hour getting cement dust off dog and chicken out of his mouth??? Honestly, if he wasn't such a personality:heart: I would strangle him :lol:

what an awesome dog!!! hahaha

Just got back from Wil Anderson. Fifth time I've seen him and once again he has failed to disappoint. He fuses vulgar, offensive and hilarious comedy with serious topics. He talks about the Westboro Baptist Church, Don't Ask Don't Tell, gay marriage... and he has positive, correct views on all of them. He does a spot-on bogan impression and illustrates perfectly how many of them are fucking idiots and exposes their prejudiced, discriminatory views in a way that had tears rolling down my cheeks.

My favourite comedian of all time, and it's not even close. Please don't knock him until you've seen his actual one-hour show.

:heart:

I'll have to reserve judgement. I used to borderline dislike that guy, whats his name... Another Melbournite. Anyway, then I saw him live and he was great. So maybe Wil is the same. God, what's his name???
:doh:

Viewers hit back at comedian Denise Scott over autism joke | Herald Sun

This is the joke she's in strife for:
"I can’t stand people who say they are alcoholic or have mild Aspergers or celiac, when the fact is they’re just plain old-fashion f***ed up people with a few behavioural problems."

People are up in arms. How are there so many people who have completely missed what she is saying? I agree with her! People say things offhand like, "oh, I'm a bit OCD" or "I'm a bit of alco" etc, when they have not been diagnosed with these disorders, they've just got a few behavioural problems, like everyone does from time to time. Wil touched on the same thing on Tuesday night.

I don't like Denise Scott much, but she hasn't said "I hate people who have autism. It's just a fancy word made up for people with a few behavioural problems." But that's what people have chosen to hear/read.

i hear you. if she'd said straight up asperger's then yeah she'd have been out of line. but like you said, so many people run around these days claiming to have major shit wrong with them when they're not diagnosed. not to mention they say it to use it as an excuse for "odd" behaviour. that to me is what's offensive to those with autism, alcoholism, whatever.

exactly the point! it's completely disrespectful!
yeah. someone who is basically a perfectionist (nothing wrong with that though) and likes things a certain way is not the same as a person who has to turn a doorknob, a light switch, etc. seven times - no more, no less. if i go twelve hours without eating i wouldn't say "i'm such an anorexic" so how is this any different? the difference is one is very minor behaviour that can be changed if the person wanted to, the other isn't.

We listened to Triple R all day at work today, since we've decided to listen to a different station every day. First block in the morning was mostly slow depressing songs, then it was a bunch of weird funk stuff, then it was bluesy guitar wankery and punk. At the end of the day, I was longing to hear Usher or something.

Angela Harlem said:
I'll have to reserve judgement. I used to borderline dislike that guy, whats his name... Another Melbournite. Anyway, then I saw him live and he was great. So maybe Wil is the same. God, what's his name???
:doh:

Better not be hughsey! We shared the same bottle of sauce once!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom