All the Wine...is all for me and the CSGW's

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:lmao:

:hmm: Which reminds me, I haven't checked Pitchfork's reviews yet today. It's a daily routine for me. :wink:

:lol: Just saw that. I'm not a Maximo Park fan anyway, so I haven't heard it. The review doesn't make me want to either.

I really like their first two albums, the third one is embarrassingly bad, I actually disagree with pitchfork that rating is over 1.0 too high

:yes: Basically, which is such a cop-out to reviewing an album, in my opinion, though I've never heard Zaireeka on all four stereos either, just mix-downs.

Yeah, I can't believe they actually published it either. It just reinforces all of the bad thoughts about Pitchfork, how they're pretentious and snarky, all of that, to me. Oh well, every publication's bound to print stupid things, I guess. :lol:

Yeah pitchfork are allowed a few mistakes, like everything they write about U2 :wink:

Mezzanine by Massive Attack is an interesting album

:lol: Yeah, they really don't give U2 a break most of the time, although, they do review their older albums well. Same with R.E.M. I think they realize both bands' relevance to the indie scene in general and are sometimes less harsh than they need to be.

I still haven't heard it. Good interesting or bad interesting?

Yeah I mean I think pitchfork even if they dislike something always regard it with how relevant it is when it's an old release. I really don't like that and can't do that, I mean albums like Velvet Underground and Nico, I mean I'm not gonna deny it's as influential as hell but I'm never gonna say it's an amazing album because I just don't enjoy listening to it enough to justice praising it to high heavens.

Definitely good interesting, it's a lot more down-beat than I expected...not the kind of album to listen to at 3am then :lol:

:yes: Agreed. I do read their reviews because a lot of my music tastes match up with theirs, but at the same time, I disagree with plenty of their thoughts too. It's a pretty good resource though.

:lol: Good, it's yet another one of those albums I've been meaning to hear.

I enjoy pitchfork overall, I mean I always visit it, their reviews are probably the part of their site I trust least though

I'd say you'd enjoy it, it's got a nice electronica (duh it's trip-hop) vibe going which as you can see by the end of my playlist I can of enjoy sometimes but at the same time it's a little bit too down-tempo stuff but I don't think I'm gonna judge it too much on a listen in the middle of the night, it's not made for that unless you're trying to relax or sleep

I've always thought I'd like it too, just haven't listened to it. I actually think I had it downloaded and in iTunes for awhile too. :lol: I'll get it again and put it towards the top of my listening though for sure. :up:

:lol: They probably do.

Just finishing up your list now. I liked it, even the beginning, which wasn't really my kind of music was a lot of fun to listen to, and you put it together well. :up:

Sure thing! :D It's nice to be able to write stuff as I'm listening too, helps me sort my thoughts. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom