'All I Want' by The Cure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Layton

War Child
Probably their greatest guitar song. I think their last album (can't remember it's name) tried to recreate this kind of guitar heaviness, but you can't beat the original as they say. I once had an argument with a guy about whether or not The Cure were/are a great guitar band. He swore they are. I tend to think they've had a few moments (topped by this song), but aren't really a top notch guitar band in terms of the creativity and vision they've brought to rock with the instrument.

it depends on the definition of "guitar band." while not one in the traditional sense, the cure were certainly innovative musically and defined the sound of post-punk/goth. a lot of their best known work is based around synths (i.e. most of disintegration), which is probably why their guitar work is overlooked and underrated.

guitar-wise, wish is an absolutely incredible album.

Good song, not exaclty one of my favorites of their's though. The vast majority of their music is guitar based, and they're obviously one of the most influential alternative rock bands of our generation (or any generation). I would say that makes them a "great guitar band".

Back
Top Bottom