'All I Want' by The Cure - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 05-12-2005, 04:17 PM   #1
War Child
Local Time: 07:55 PM
'All I Want' by The Cure

Probably their greatest guitar song. I think their last album (can't remember it's name) tried to recreate this kind of guitar heaviness, but you can't beat the original as they say. I once had an argument with a guy about whether or not The Cure were/are a great guitar band. He swore they are. I tend to think they've had a few moments (topped by this song), but aren't really a top notch guitar band in terms of the creativity and vision they've brought to rock with the instrument.

Old 05-12-2005, 06:36 PM   #2
Local Time: 11:55 PM
it depends on the definition of "guitar band." while not one in the traditional sense, the cure were certainly innovative musically and defined the sound of post-punk/goth. a lot of their best known work is based around synths (i.e. most of disintegration), which is probably why their guitar work is overlooked and underrated.

guitar-wise, wish is an absolutely incredible album.

Old 05-15-2005, 11:24 PM   #3
Blue Meth Addict
Local Time: 06:55 PM
Good song, not exaclty one of my favorites of their's though. The vast majority of their music is guitar based, and they're obviously one of the most influential alternative rock bands of our generation (or any generation). I would say that makes them a "great guitar band".