All Grammy Discussion Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
oh are they? heh, i didn't even know they were this month :shrug: i'm so out of it...

FYI... The Grammys will air 8pm (Eastern time USA) Sunday.
Beginning 2pm that afternoon MTV2 will air a 4 hour time line of the history of the U2 band. WHOO WHOO can't wait.:drool: :bono: :edge: :happy: :yell:

Last edited:
network programmers worry Grammys will be turned into 'anti-war platform'

yeah i know, i know it's from matt drudge, but it's a very plausible scenario, especially considering some of the scheduled performers are Bruce Springsteen, Coldplay and Sheryl Crow (and Coldplay's Chris Martin just made strong comments at the Brits)

http://www.drudgereport.com/cbs.htm

I think it's safe to say this wont be a concern with the Oscars

I read that Simon and Garfunkel talked about reviving "The Sound of Silence" for the show.

I'm going to watch just to see if they play that.

actually brettig that would be the sound of something interesting cause this years awards show does not interest me in the slightest. though i couldnt be considered a fan of either bruce or coldplay, i will watch their performances.

i heard a protester was sent home the other day because his shirt read "bush is a terrorist."

what are we in, junior high?

soybomb.022798.jpg

Grammy stars free to sing out on war

By GEORGE BUSH and ISAAC GUZMAN (Daily News Staff Writers)

Get ready for antiwar protests at tomorrow night's Grammy Awards ceremony.

Despite a report that CBS executives had considered blocking politically outspoken rockers, the network said last night it would not pull the plug on anyone protesting a war against Iraq.

The Drudge Report, an Internet news site, quoted an anonymous CBS chieftain as saying the network would cut the microphone of any rocker who engaged in antiwar rhetoric.

But CBS quickly moved to squelch the story.

"There will be no restrictions on artistic expression or opinions expressed during acceptance speeches," said CBS spokesman Chris Ender.

Musician Sheryl Crow, who made headlines when she wore a "War Is Not the Answer" T-shirt at the American Music Awards in January, plans to hand out 300 "No War" buttons tomorrow.

"If we can't turn to our artists, who can we look to?" Crow told the Daily News. "I think there will be artists stepping forward and making statements."

At Thursday's Brit Awards in London, Chris Martin of English band Coldplay said, "We are all going to die when George Bush has his way. But it's great to go out with a bang."

The Grammys will be handed out during a 3-1/2-hour telecast from Madison Square Garden.

Originally published on February 22, 2003

Re: The Grammys

tiny dancer said:
Just notice that the Grammys will be on this coming Sunday. In the past they were always held in the middle of the week. I wonder why the changed it :scratch:

I don't know. It confused me to the point where I thought the show was Thursday night, not Sunday. It could be the ratings. I wouldn't know.

Re: network programmers worry Grammys will be turned into 'anti-war platform'

The Wanderer said:
yeah i know, i know it's from matt drudge, but it's a very plausible scenario, especially considering some of the scheduled performers are Bruce Springsteen, Coldplay and Sheryl Crow (and Coldplay's Chris Martin just made strong comments at the Brits)

http://www.drudgereport.com/cbs.htm

I think it's safe to say this wont be a concern with the Oscars

I suppose not. Wow. I'm not surprised Chris said that. I don't think the network wants the Political Rally From Hell on their show.

Gickies Gageeze said:
politik with an orchestra might actually be pretty cool. :up:

I think it's amazingly cool they will play Politik (I assumed they would play In My Place), but I'm not sure about the whole orchestra thing. :eyebrow:

Back
Top Bottom