All Grammy Discussion Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To each their own I said.

... :up: And I like Norah Jones.

That's what makes life interesting. Differences of opinions.

MrsSpringsteen said:
Oh well-that's a matter of opinion :shrug:

I think many groups/artists that people here love are "over -rated", but I just keep that to myself :)

"Washed up" is a matter of opinion too. He's a better live performer than most of the people who were nominated last night, and can write better lyrics than most of them too.

Just wanted to add my opinion here-he certainly doesn't need me to defend him :wink:

I agree. I don't think Bruce is "washed up" either. It's an honest disagreement. I was watching my unscrewed-up version of "London Calling" and he sounded great on that thing. Wow!

HeartlandGirl said:
The clash tribute rocked. I had no idea Elvis Costello was such a punk rocker!

Then you should definately check out his early stuff. In his early days he wasn't called The Angry Young Man for nothing. Great songs with venomous lyrics. Great singer!

Oh, after seeing the pictures in this thread... Gavin, please divorce Gwen. I WANT TO MARRY HER! aahhh, yummy!

And a bit more on-topic. I want to mention one Grammy winner for which I'm very happy.
Solomon Burke won in the category Best Contemporary Blues Album (Vocal or Instrumental) with his album Don't Give Up On Me. Well deserved after so many years without even one. Thumbs up big man.
(And why is it Best Contemporary Blues Album? Doesn't Soul exist anymore? I don't mean R&B or so, but real Soul, you know, the Otis/Marvin/Aretha type)

C ya!

Marty

Grammys are just not the same without Bono's ramblings, :)

I thought that N-Sync did a very nice tribute to Bee Gees and the Clash tribute and Bruce Springsteen's performance were awesome, and I'm not even a Springsteen fan! He looks mighty good for his age too; sorta like a handsome retired pirate. I'm sorry to say it, but Chris Martin's spastic jig around the piano left me with unintentional giggles rather than wowed. And I got reminded again why I dislike Alicia Keys so much. Poor Norah Jones looked positively embarrassed to have won so many awards; I hope the Grammy winner curse (hello Lauren Hill) doesn't claim her as well.

This is what happens when I procrastinate :der:

3369359923232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3B%3B%3D663%3Dxroqdf%3E2323376%3B9%3B%3B%3A%3Aot1lsi

3369359923232%7Ffp69%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3B%3B%3D663%3Dxroqdf%3E2323376%3B9%3B%3B%3A%3Bot1lsi

3369359923232%7Ffp6%3A%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3B%3B%3D663%3Dxroqdf%3E2323376%3B9%3B%3B%3B2ot1lsi

Question: *points* Does that say Bono?

3369359923232%7Ffp6%3B%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3B%3B%3D663%3Dxroqdf%3E2323376%3B9%3C243ot1lsi

3369359923232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3B%3B%3D663%3Dxroqdf%3E2323376%3B9%3C244ot1lsi

3369359923232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2326%3D9%3B%3B%3D663%3Dxroqdf%3E2323376%3B9%3C245ot1lsi

Those pics rock! :up:

I made this thing too. :huh:

Attachments

• londonc.jpg
    londonc.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 31
angie aparo is from Atlanta. :) :yes: i really think Faith Hill performance was terrible. i was shocked at how bad it was. oh well i guess more people were interested in her micro-mini. ;) and by the way good for her to have a great body after having children.

i love jazz music and do not think Norah is overrated. i think the music industry loves her right now because she is different from the popular music right now. i am sure she will fade from the mainstream scene but i am sure she will be around for awhile in the adult contemp charts and jazz scene.

If anyone's interested, you can find mp3's of a lot of the Grammy performances on Kazaa now. I got Coldplay and the Joe Strummer tribute.

I'm gonna ask again while I'm at it, any clue who the drummer was in the Joe Strummer tribute?

Pete Thomas, evidently.

From the Grammy site:
000.jpg

Image of the late Joe Strummer watches over Clash tribute supergroup Little Steven, Dave Grohl, Bruce Springsteen, Elvis Costello, Attractions drummer Pete Thomas and No Doubt's Tony Kanal

Ahhh, Elvis Costello's drummer. I never even thought of that. I knew it wasnt Max Weinberg. hehe

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
angie aparo is from Atlanta. :) :yes: i really think Faith Hill performance was terrible. i was shocked at how bad it was. oh well i guess more people were interested in her micro-mini. ;) and by the way good for her to have a great body after having children.

Indeed he is. I first became a fan of his while living in Athens, GA. I even got to meet him at the 40 Watt. Are you a fan of his, too? He is so talented I almost can't handle it sometimes!

And yeah, nothing against Faith. I'm just such an Angie fan that I'd much rather see him get popular from such a great song. Faith's had plenty of time in the spotlight already...but maybe Angie is just sitting back getting richer and richer every time Faith sings his song. And that's okay too.

*Intrigued by Elvis Costello, of whom I have absolutely no knowledge...*

Back
Top Bottom