All Grammy discussion goes here PART 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
This is the most Grammy awards U2 have won in a single night.

Career total is now up to 22!

kellyahern said:

According to the cable guide I have, it's an SNL repeat followed by an E true hollywood story :reject:.

damn... then where are those post-interviews that you always see on VH1 specials "when some stupid celebrity said some stupid shit" ?

typhoon said:

That'd be funny if a song originally recorded in 2004 and released as a promotional single in 2005 got an award for Song of the Year of 2006 in 2007.

Funny...but it could happen! :laugh:

Headache in a Suitcase said:
and now there;s a story on the news about chapstick addiction... and yes, still more logical than half the posts in this thread.

:ohmy:

i'm *totally* addicted to chap stick.

have been for years.

tell me more.

ok so I just rewatched their performance, and Edge was really into it. The performance as a whole wasn't as bad as I first thought it to be. Although Bono was a little off tonight, I can more than look past it... in fact, I'm a little off tonight, too... I wish Bono and I could hang out, we'd get along fabulously.

the doctors actually said that there aren't any addictive ingredients in chap stick but that the people who are "addicted" actually just lick their lips alot or drink a lot of water and wash it off, thus need to keep putting it back on

i think that's crap -- there is totally crack in chapstick.

i don't lick my lips. a lot.

and now cbs just had video of steve trachsel of the new york mets predicting earlier in the day that u2 would win all their awards because "they're the greatest rock band in the world."

i'm sure you all care.

maybe i should make a new thread... headache gives you a running diary of the local news :hmm:

now that the grammys have 'gone to their heads', can we expect more lyrics like "I like the sound of my own voice!"

and,

"I love the sound of our band, we really can make music like none else!"

:p at bono!

and now cbs just had video of steve trachsel of the new york mets predicting earlier in the day that u2 would win all their awards because "they're the greatest rock band in the world."

i'm sure you all care.

maybe i should make a new thread... headache gives you a running diary of the local news :hmm:

Steve Trachsel sounds like an extremely intelligent person with great taste.

He should be a Yankee.

Bono's shades said:
If U2 had lost, all of you would be saying how much the Grammys suck and don't mean anything. But U2 swept, so it's such a HUGE honor for them.

:rolleyes:

and it's so much more entertaining to read these threads when they lose.

oh well, guess i can't get everything i want.

there's no way in hell i'm reading through this entire thread (or part I), are there video clip links here?

Yeah, it's a bullshit ceremony. All crap. The best thing about it is a band who write their own tunes, and record their own tunes, and play their own tunes, won.

the doctors actually said that there aren't any addictive ingredients in chap stick but that the people who are "addicted" actually just lick their lips alot or drink a lot of water and wash it off, thus need to keep putting it back on

You know I had that stuff actually cause my lips to blister. Not just chapstick, but any lip balm with sunscreen. And I didn't realise at first -- I just thought my lips were chapped, so I kept putting more on. Bad move. They hurt sooo bad. Now I use a balm that has no sunscreen. Much better. :)

ya, i dont know if u2 deserved all the awards they got, but we're all u2 fans here, right???? righhhtt????

it's not a bad thing.

IWasBored said:

and it's so much more entertaining to read these threads when they lose.

oh well, guess i can't get everything i want.

there's no way in hell i'm reading through this entire thread (or part I), are there video clip links here?

i'm taping it right now (west-coast) but I'm sure in the audio/video section is where it would be , or on u2exit.com

It's funny watching the mainstream media report on this.

They don't know what to say. U2, a band who write, record, and play their own tunes winn a TON of awards, and everyone is stumped.

All they can talk about is Kelly Clarkson, and Madonna's ass. It's proof positive that mucis is secondary to celebrity in their eyes.

Which makes the fact U2 won so much sweeter. Music, sweet music. Their 3rd best album ever. It's out there.

Maybe some 15 year old kid will buy HTDAAB tomorrow and get off to ABOY or Crumbs. Then he'll buy AB or JT and really connect.

bort269 said:

i'm taping it right now (west-coast) but I'm sure in the audio/video section is where it would be , or on u2exit.com

i really don't give a crap about u2. i mostly mean mccartney, and wasn't springsteen supposed to do something?

Back
Top Bottom