All Because Of Testje

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On Friday I went to the work christmas do for the job I haven't started yet

I was going to drive so I wouldn't get drunk and make a fool of myself but they told me I wasn't allowed.

We went out for a posh meal at 2pm. We started with champagne, then I had pate, followed by duck, followed by posh sticky toffee pudding, all with wine. this was followed by cheese and vintage port. All paid for by the boss.

then we started on the vodka. And carried on on the vodka till 9pm, when an associate of the company turned up and bought us a £120 magnum of pink champagne.

I can't remember getting home. I phoned them yesterday to find out what happened, and apparantly Claudine (the boss) had to put me in a taxi and pay the driver to take me home (£30 :shocked: ). For all I know I might have been insulting everyone and being really rude :shrug:
The guy on reception was a bit frosty when I phoned yesterday so god knows what I said to him.....:scream:

You see, this is why I wanted to drive :mad:

Anyway....I sent the boss an email apologising and explaining that champagne has always sent me wappy and I have never been able to handle it, and so should stay away from it really (I should know better!)

and on a lighter note, the place I've been temping for the last 2 weeks (the East Midlands Development Agency, marketing department) want me to stay on. They said that if my new job binned me off for my scandalous behaviour, that I could go and work for them :laugh:

Last edited:
fah said:
My local supermarket is only open til midnight and you can't buy alcohol at supermarkets here. :| You have to shop at either a liquor store or specialty shop :| I wish I could buy beer at Safeway :yes:

My local supermarket is open until 8 PM. However, you can buy beer and wine in supermarkets here, just not hard liquor.

Alcohol! :drool:

24 hour tesco :crack:
it's always busy

:lol: at your christmas party. I get drunk really easily. After 2 drinks I start getting light headed. :uhoh:

I did my liquor store shopping in 3 trips (never buy more than you can carry) and I think I spent close to $250. I bought 5 bottles of wine, 3 dozen beer, vodka coolers, wine coolers and some stocking gifts (this really cute set of mini Baileys and set of mini vodka coolers). Wow...I think I may have spent more than that :ohmy:

Erm... it's 0:01 here.
So...

Happy Birthday Fah!

:kiss:

I hope you have a great day and lots of good luck in many years to come.
:hug:

Now, let the celebration begin in the general direction of the fah mansion!
:dance:
:drunk:

Thanks bammo

Gotta go and do some more Christmas decorating it appears that I have forgotten to put something festive on my front door. :huh:

Luckily I live near many trees so I will now go and cut parts of them down to put on my door.

NOTE - No old growth forests will be touched

:D

:wave:

bammo2 said:
I'm going to bed in less than an hour. Think of it as a pre-emptive strike

:mad:

PS Laura I wouldn't go near the journals if I were you. You'd just get annoyed :|

Now, I have to go and see them
:shifty:

Sorry I had left last night and oculdn't say goodbye to you all/ happy birthday to fah

Lu your card came todya - it is so nice :cute:
And Slomeys came
And Jesseu2 sent me a big parcel with vanilla things in it, it smells so good.

Lu, was it due to someone posting tremendous amounts of entries? :shifty:

I was just reading a story about a body being found in Co. Antrim. At the place Johnny love studies. :slant:

I was also reading a story about the bank robbery here, apparently someone said they seen suspicous looking characters and the police responded like 2 hours later. :shifty: That doesn't look good for the PSNI.

Yeah laura it was the lots of entries thing I was talking about....:tsk:

I'm going out in a few minutes. Me and my best friend (we've been best friends for 26 years - since I was 1 :happy: ) are going for our annual christmas dinner. We're going to a lovely old pub (built in the 1500s) for a 3 course meal with wine and port :drool:

I'm all dressed up. I'm wearing a 40s style black and green dress with fishnets and round toe shoes, with vintage style ear rings. I feel glam :D

bammo2 said:
Yeah laura it was the lots of entries thing I was talking about....:tsk:

I'm going out in a few minutes. Me and my best friend (we've been best friends for 26 years - since I was 1 :happy: ) are going for our annual christmas dinner. We're going to a lovely old pub (built in the 1500s) for a 3 course meal with wine and port :drool:

I'm all dressed up. I'm wearing a 40s style black and green dress with fishnets and round toe shoes, with vintage style ear rings. I feel glam :D

oooooh! Very posh, Lu!

Are you going out with Jo, by any chance?

we were going to have a vintage port after our 3 course meal, but we could barely manage coffee.....

that was 2 hours ago, and I'm starting to feel peckish now :laugh:

actually, that's a lie. I still feel sick. but it's christmas time, so it feels wrong to not have something to nibble on :D

I took a photo of my shoes

I :heart: these shoes :drool:

*warning - this pic may be huge owing to the drink taken*

IMGP0416.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom