All Because Of Testje

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have now :)

My spanish friends on one of the biggest differences between Ireland and Barcelona: "We have a lot more fruit and vegetables, a lot more"

Just testing to see if this tag is in this forum's version of vBulletin. :sexywink:

(Edit: Damn...this one would have been a fun one!)

Melon

Rono said:
44636_witlof.jpg

i am looking for the english name for this.:drool:

Apart from endive (which sounds more like the Dutch word 'andijvie' to me), I also see the name chicory for it (for those wondering, it's 'witlof' in Dutch). And Google Images also displays the correct image for me.

But when in doubt there's always Wikipedia. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicory
Chicory is a flowering plant in genus Cichorium in Family Asteraceae. There are two important species in genus Cichorium.

Chicory (Cichorium intybus) is a perennial herb with flowers that are usually blue. It is originally from the Old World and was naturalized in North America, where it is seen as a rank, roadside weed. At times, its roots have been used as a substitute for coffee. It is also used as a flavoring in coffee.

Endive (Cichorium endivia) is a popular salad green, having a slightly bitter taste. It has also been attributed with herbal properties. Endive is a leafy salad vegetable and is often confused with chicory.

There are three principal types of endive: Belgian endive, curly endive and escarole:

Belgian endive (also known as French endive or witloof) has a small head of cream-coloured bitter leaves. It is grown in complete darkness to avoid the leaves turning green.

Curly endive (sometimes mistakenly called chicory in the United States) has green rimmed curly outer leaves.

Escarole has broad, pale green leaves and is less bitter than the other varieties

And: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Endive

:hmm:

It's raining beer
Hallelujah it's raining beer, Amen
It's raining beer
Hallelujah it's raining beer, Amen

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom