All Because of Randoooom

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kariann said:

My mom is in her stress mode over the meal and cooking. She doesnt like anyone to bother her....thus I avoid her at all costs tonight.

I cant talk to her but she sure as hell can wake me up from a nap to go get her something she forgot. Then when I say Im going to go to ST RD instead of the little grocer over here since I am going to pick up some food for me she freaks out like I'm going to be gone an hour. :rollyeyes:
I have alleviated some stress by volunteering to do the greeb bean casserole ( :drool: ) in the morning. She has the apple pie :)drool: ) done, the broccoli and cheese ( :drool: ) is started, my dad is in charge of meat (we do prime rib instead of turkey [ :drool: ]) and potatoes...

I LOVE THANKSGIVING.

The drooly guy looks like a drooly snowman in the brackets.

-( :drool: )-

:coocoo:

Schmeg said:

I have alleviated some stress by volunteering to do the greeb bean casserole ( :drool: ) in the morning. She has the apple pie :)drool: ) done, the broccoli and cheese ( :drool: ) is started, my dad is in charge of meat (we do prime rib instead of turkey [ :drool: ]) and potatoes...

I LOVE THANKSGIVING.

My mom will not take volunteers....I try and get refused with the explanation that she does things better without other people around. Dad and I have learned over the years to give her her distance...it used to get really ugly when everyone came out from Missouri.

I even dubbed it...

Pre-holiday Vistation Stress Syndrome

My dad tosses us all out of the kitchen...he's scary; you go in for a glass of water and he's all, "WHAT DO YOU WANT?!" Usually because he's putting something interesting in the potatoes and he doesn't want us to know until its too late.

I bet the quieter Thanksgivings are a little bit less stressful.

:drool: A Man and a Woman :drool:

It's my Song of When I'm Not Listening to Love & Peace or Sometimes! :D If I had to listen to nothing but tracks 3-7 for the next year I'd be okay with that!

I wish I was having a big turkey dinner tomorrow...oh wait, I would have to cook it

Nevermind

<will happily accept leftover turkey (white and dark meat), stuffing, cranberry sauce and desserts>

I'm actually feeling kind of down about tomorrow...as much as I have issues with my brother I miss that they wont be here for the second year in a row. :sad:

Other than we are having a turkey tomorrow isnt going to be any different than any other day really other than my mom and I will end up watching a movie or playing a game.

Kariann said:
I'm actually feeling kind of down about tomorrow...as much as I have issues with my brother I miss that they wont be here for the second year in a row. :sad:

Other than we are having a turkey tomorrow isnt going to be any different than any other day really other than my mom and I will end up watching a movie or playing a game.

:hug:

Any particular movies or games?

fah said:
HTDAAB sounds great in the car (er mini van) :up:
:yes: Right now it's rattling the walls of my house. :love:

I miss the big family things we used to do, too, but the quiet family thing is pretty good, and there are people coming for desert...and I was smart this year and said I'd close. :drunk:

I'm having issues with this CD.......it's too good and I can't decide what song to listen to! I listen to one and I want to forward it to another one but then I end up back at A Man and A Woman (for today at least). :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: This is so much better than I ever thought it would be.

arw9797 said:
I'm having issues with this CD.......it's too good and I can't decide what song to listen to! I listen to one and I want to forward it to another one but then I end up back at A Man and A Woman (for today at least). :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: This is so much better than I ever thought it would be.

I just keep listening to it in complete over and over. :D

Gotta go and start getting the mini fahs ready for tonight. I have make sure their homework is done before we go to the show and make dinner....suddenly realizes I took nothing out of the freezer. :ohmy:

:wave:

for what it's worth I'll be in a housefull of people who will be stuffing their mouths with food that has turkey parts in everything. There's never anything for me to eat except for the desserts that we bring. My aunt and uncle have been in denial for 16 years that I don't eat meat and they refuse to provide anything for me to eat. I either bring something or don't eat. My aunt tells me "it's my choice." I'm 30 years old and I'm still talked to like I'm a kid that doesn't want to eat their broccoli :mad: I go to play with the dogs and that's it. :mad:

I was just beaten with a package of Thanksgiving napkins. :sad:

We fight all of the time
You and I...That's alright
We're the same soul

arw9797 said:
This is where I have found the joy and wonder of Random. :love: I don't know what's coming next but I like to guess...and I just guessed Fast Cars and I was right!

:dance:

I'm writing an epic journal entry about it as we speak. It starts in 2001. :shifty:

Kariann said:
We dont have anyone coming over at all and it's just the three of us. Nothing fun about it all.
Come over! Everyone come here for desert! Amanda can bring some cheesecake, it'll be grand!

The mini-fahs can come too as long as they do their Cirque de Soleil act!

:hyper:

Okay I finished that...:yikes: Longest journal entry EVER...I don't expect anyone to read that all the way through!

Kariann said:
I think I will venture downstairs and see what's going on....I have a feeling I will be back soon. :shifty:
:yikes: Good luck with that!

:yawn: I can't believe I have a lesson at 10:15 tonight...I don't think I'm gonna make it!

:no: Not the rolls!

Wait, isn't that part of your tradition? The rolls get messed up?

Our rolls are the ones that are already half-baked and really just need to be thrown in the oven as an afterthought. :drool: Our tradition is to toally forget about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom