All Because of Oklahoma & USC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
#1 USC vs. #2 Oklahoma

2004 Heisman Matt Leinart vs. 2003 Heisman Jason White

Heisman Runner-up Reggie Bush vs. Heisman Runner-up Adrian Peterson

The Over-Under is 53, and USC is favored by a whopping 1 point (couldn't they at least make it 1 1/2 points to at least make it interesting for gamblers?)

The most anticipated championship game in recent memory... the most evenly matched game, maybe ever... aaaand the debut of U2's All Because of You video, which I might be in.

Yes'um... screw the Rose Bowl... this one truely is the Grand-daddy of 'em all.

Headache in a Suitcase said:
Yes'um... screw the Rose Bowl... this one truely is the Grand-daddy of 'em all.
While there is certainly more at stake in this game, I doubt USC and OKLA will provide us with the show that Texas and Michigan did on Saturday.

Anyway...the game opened at USC by 3, money has come in on Oklahoma...my sense is that Oklahoma is the right play, their D really peaked late, giving up only 6 points in the final 3 contests (I know Baylor was one of those, but still).
As for the O/U...I handicap it as a 49-50 point game, which would suggest the under, though bowl games like Superbowls can sometimes get out of hand...I think this one stays fairly close most of the way though...Hewson's can't miss prediction: Oklahoma 27, USC 23.

U2democrat said:
I could care less about the teams, but for nb's sake i'll pull for USC :wink:

I was going to ask, for those of us just watching for the halftime video, who to root for :lol:

But since Stoops used to be the defensive coordinator at Florida and not too long ago Oklahoma beat FSU in a national championship game in which FSU scored a whopping 2 points :reject: , I guess out of loyalty to FSU I'll have to root for USC :shrug:

I'm still aghast at the whuppin that SC laid on Michigan last year.

SC 28, Oklahoma 17.

Re: the bosox suck, by the way

Hewson said:

...my sense is that Oklahoma is the right play, their D really peaked late, giving up only 6 points in the final 3 contests (I know Baylor was one of those, but still).
...Hewson's can't miss prediction: Oklahoma 27, USC 23.

My sense is that you are 100% wrong! :lol:

Hey at least I make my predictions before games rather than during and after...can't win em all. 4 first half turnovers leading to 24 points will kill you every time.

2 years in a row with controversy over whether they had the right 2 teams in the title game, 2 yrs in a row Oklahoma proved the public right, the wrong team played USC last night...Auburn would have at least put up a fight.

And Ashlee Simpson should have lip synced...wow she sucks, hearing the chorus of boos was the most entertaining part of the game.

Back
Top Bottom