alkaline trio appreciation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
good mourning and crimson are excellent. not a fan of the earlier stuff.

come on. some of you like my chemical romance. you've got to like these guys, too. they're better, anyway.

the split with one man army was also rad. i forgot about that. ak3's half was the superior half, too.

the damned cover :up:

i definitely reccomend it. it's good. it's probably not worth it to get the double-disc, some of the acoustic tracks are cool, but overall the extras aren't anything mind-blowing. definitely go for the single disc album.

Apparently they're on a major label now and have a new record coming out tomorrow. Hopefully it is as good as the last two.

New Alkaline Trio

anyone get it?

anyone like it?

i'm a big fan of the last two albums. maybe i just need to spend some more time with it--it's been in my posession all of 2 days? so far not so much a fan. :shrug:

son of a bitch! how did i miss that? i went back 6 pages to make sure i didn't fuck this up.

the first three songs irritated me, so i took it out of the cd player and put on the new h20 (which is pretty friggin' good).

I wrote up something huge in the other thread and it disappeared when I tried to post it.

Essentially, the album isn't doing much for me either. It feels like they assumed they'd finally "arrived" by getting a contract on a major label (even the CDs themselves say EPIC bigger than anything else on them...), and just went through the motions. There are a few songs (mainly on the last half of the album) that kinda have a feel like the last few albums, but even those are really only the same quality as the songs I'd skip on Good Mourning or Crimson. Pretty disappointing, honestly. Hopefully I'll warm up to something on it with more time, I'm almost ticked I bought the deluxe version at this point.

Back
Top Bottom