Alicia Keys I know, but who or what is India.Arie???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
She had a somewhat succesful album (platinum). She is Kinda soul/R&B. Maybe a little like Erika Badduh is. I have only heard very little. It's not bad stuff. She sings with John Mellencamp on that Peaceful World song. She got a lot of notariety because Oprah is a fan and had her on, so of course of 35 to 55 year old woman had to check her out
smile.gif

Hi there Zoocoustic. I bought India.Arie's debut album late last year. It is called Acoustic Soul and for me it has been an album that has grown on me over the last few months. Her album is mostly pretty laid-back R&B songs with lyrics dealing with love/relationships and how she perceives the music industry. There are 16 tracks, including a tribute to Stevie Wonder called Wonderful. There are some really good grooves and melodies throughout the album, and i do recommend it, but it isn't as good as an album like Miseducation of Lauryn Hill for example.

If you've heard of/listened to Jill Scott then you'll probably enjoy India.Arie. Hope that helps a bit.

Mysprit.

She sings about not being a regular video star. She talks about not conforming to everybody else and how that makes you more beautiful than any supermodel/tv star/movie star etc. She's cute and I like the song. However, I don't see myself buying her CD nor do I fully understand where 7 grammy nods came from.

------------------
It's the puppets that pull the strings.

Back
Top Bottom