Alexa Ray Joel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sami0201

Blue Crack Addict
I had heard that Billy Joel's daughter started writing and recording music, but I didn't know what to expect. I am pleasantly surprised, I think she's actually really good. Has anyone heard her or seen her before? My family on Long Island says they've heard she's been playing at a lot of small clubs and stuff around there, and judging by her page it looks like she's doing a little tour kind of thing. Very cool that she's not really riding on daddy's fame.

www.myspace.com/alexarayjoel

I've heard of her actually, but I haven't seen her (don't think shes done a uk tour?). I quite like some of her music, not the biggest fan of her dads music but like you said I was pleasantly suprised.
Its good to see her playing in small bars and venues, and working her way up without using her dads fame. If she makes it big because of her and not her dad, then I hope she does well!

She's been playing small Manhattan clubs but I've never seen her. I'm all about her father :wink:

If I had an extremely famous/rich/internationally adored parent, I'd ride their fame for all it's worth. I don't understand star-kids who don't want to do that. Like Ted Koppel's daughter - she's a journalist, but she refuses to even use his name(Koppel) soley because she doesn't want to be just 'Ted Koppel's daughter'. :shrug:

Woah! I had no idea she would follow in her father's footsteps. But then all her mother had going for her was looks. I am impressed! I am glad I came across this thread too so a great big thank you! I hope she makes it to the big time!

namkcuR said:
If I had an extremely famous/rich/internationally adored parent, I'd ride their fame for all it's worth. I don't understand star-kids who don't want to do that. Like Ted Koppel's daughter - she's a journalist, but she refuses to even use his name(Koppel) soley because she doesn't want to be just 'Ted Koppel's daughter'. :shrug:

And then they get shit on because they are riding on their parents coattails. At least she's doing it by herself.

I like her voice. Those songs on myspace are all a bit same-y but I'd be interested in hearing some more of her stuff.

Cheers for the link :up:

Back
Top Bottom