Alex Rodriguez

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Headache in a Suitcase

Site Team
Staff member
With the other morally corrupt bootlicking rubes.
Alex Rodriguez... your 2003 American League MVP, despite being on a last place team... is now apparentlly open to a trade.

The Mets, Red Sox, Cubs, Orioles and Angels appear to be the top candidates to land A-Rod. The Yankees also are rumored to be interested, but both Jeter and Rodriguez don't want to change position, so it seems unlikely.

The question is... would you take A-Rod and his 25 million dollar contract? The price tag is rediculously high... too high... but he is a legit threat to hit 700... 800 career homeruns. Would you take on the full contract? If not, how much would he have to cut in order to make it viable?

A-Rod is the man. Best player in baseball. But no way would I take that salary. But I am thinking as an Indian fan who couldn't afford him. Now, if I had deep pockets, yes in a heart beat. I think for him to go anywhere he has to restructure regardless.

it's too much money... waaaay too much money... but if i'm mets management, i have to go get him. when he was a free agent, he wanted to go to the mets, said publicly that his #1 choice was the mets... and former GM steve phillips ended negotiations with him before they had even begun, claiming that the mets didn't want a "24 and 1" team... saying how a-rod was too selfish. so instead they went out and got roberto alomar and mo vaughn instead... worked out wonderfuly hasn't it. the new administration says they want to erase the errs of the past adminstration... well we fans got screwed out of possiably having one of the greatest players ever on our team out of sheer stupidity... now's your chance to make it up. you made your bed, no sleep in it... eat the money, bring him to new york.

If the Sox can unload Manny's $20 Mil/yr to someone, then deal Nomar (who will likely command at least $15 mil/yr after his current deal expires in a year), they could absorb A-Rod's $25 mil a year and find a left fielder for $7-10 mil and improve the team.
Long shot, and I really like Nomaaaah, but I'd be very happy with a move of that sort.

Back
Top Bottom