Alec Baldwin: Father of the Year - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-21-2007, 08:33 PM   #61
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:16 AM
Normal

Quote:
Originally posted by Liesje

Slapped in the face and yelled at? 5th grade, so....10 or 11, not that it really matters. I remember it well, not because I'm scarred by it, but it was the last time my dad ever got REALLY mad at me and it was the last time I ever pushed his limits.
I was called rude things as young as 8 and 9.

Quote:
But like anitram says, everyone's family dynamics are different, so what hurts or doesn't hurt me is not going to be the same for someone else.
Because this is true, we also need to consider that the girl in question has probably seen and heard quite a bit herself and this may not even be traumatizing to her. I honestly feel Kim set him up; knowing he had a temper, in order to make him look bad. (I have a relative who has done shit like this to me) She could even have sat there going 'don't pick it up let him have his rant.'

I also fear the little girl is not only being turned against her father and made to fear him by her mother, but even feeling she's letting her mother down by being nice to her father. (personal experiences make me think this) It's really sad how she's in the middle. I bet she loves them both.

Quote:
the whole situation isn't really any of our business.
This is so true. Thousands, maybe millions of families are going through this shit every day but not being famous they don't get it all aired in public.

I wonder if the little girl may even MORE humiliated by all the public attention this is getting than what he said?

I feel sorry for Alec and Ireland. I don't feel sorry for Kim because I believe she's the instigator. It pisses me off so bad to have someone set you up and then play all calm while you blow up and then they point at you and get you in trouble, but you know what they're doing all along but nobody else notices it or understands it like you.

But again, it's not our business, and not our business to pass judgement when we don't know the whole story.

Old 04-21-2007, 08:39 PM   #62
The Male

Local Time: 10:16 PM

This is sad. It's not sad because of what Alec said, but because of the reaction to it. Are you freaking kidding me? THIS is news? Thousands of parents talk to their kids this way daily, and it's sure not on the news or anything. All this is is court fodder for Basinger who is the real backstabber here. It's a sad day for this country when reprimanding your children is considered a sin. Yeah, I'm sorry he called his kid a pig, but, considering who her parents are and how spoiled she probably is, it was probably a fair assessment for all we know.

Quote:
Originally posted by deep
I've heard the audio on the news

and it is quite damning.

He needs some serious therapy.

Anger management.

At this point

I don't care how the tape got out.

I don't thing a little girl should be called a pig. Ever.
Children are also fragile dandelions who will crumble into little pieces at the slightest negative comment.

Old 04-21-2007, 09:18 PM   #63
Blue Crack Addict

More than 'pig' which probably just blurted out, his real 'insult' was 'thoughtless', which is true. She was being inconsiderate to ignore his phone calls (though I do think Kim may be putting her up to it, or pressuring her, or scaring her, or making her feel bad for talking to him when she (Kim) hates him.) The REAL emotional abuse to this little girl is if I'm right about Kim (and I think I am and I agree with Lemon Melon's assessment of her.) I guess it will all come out in the wash- dirty laundry- for them, I'm afraid.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:25 PM   #64
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:16 PM
I like Alec and I've always liked Kim. They obviously don't like each other. I don't really care but where is all this Kim bashing coming from? Is it just assumptions? I've never seen anything to back that up. Certainly you can't take a feuding spouses word as fact.
Old 04-21-2007, 09:32 PM   #65
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by redkat
I like Alec and I've always liked Kim. They obviously don't like each other. I don't really care but where is all this Kim bashing coming from? Is it just assumptions? I've never seen anything to back that up. Certainly you can't take a feuding spouses word as fact.
I can't speak for the others, but in my case it's because as I add up the details of the situation, what is happening in this story, and compare it with similar ones I have known in my personal life, it all adds up to just what I've posted. I may be right I may be wrong but that's my opinion.

WHY wouldn't the little girl answer the phone? Is it because she's afraid of her Dad and doesn't want to talk to him? Is this because her mother has sabotaged her against him? (this DOES happen, I have seen it SOOO much) Is it because the girl, knowing how her mother, whom she's obviously closer to feels about him, feels that she's letting her mother down? Maybe she even told her not to talk to him. You don't know what's going on behind the scenes. My personal guess is that she intentionally told the girl not to answer it because she knew Alec would lose his temper and blow up (since it's happened before) and she'd nail him and have fodder to use against him. She baited him and he fell into the trap, IMO.

(and this should be a lesson to ALL OF US to be careful what we leave in voice messages, and text messages)
Old 04-21-2007, 11:01 PM   #66
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:16 AM
Kim Smellsinger.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:53 AM   #67
Blue Crack Distributor

IMO? In the grand scheme of things, no, it's not an ideal way to speak to your child. But do people do it? Yeah, in frustration, all the time. Do these kids survive it? Of course they do. If this were the worst thing ever to happen to them, they could consider themselves lucky.

So Alec is fighting to speak to his daughter - that's what this is all about. It'd be far sadder if she didn't make herself available for calls, and he didn't give a damn. Parental neglect is far more damaging than the occasional blow-up between parents and kids.
Old 04-22-2007, 04:52 PM   #68
Blue Crack Addict

Besides that it was Kim who took their personal business and went to the media with the tape in an obvious smear campaign- and in complete disregard to how embarrassing it would be to the little girl.
Old 04-22-2007, 07:47 PM   #69
BAW
The Flower

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
Besides that it was Kim who took their personal business and went to the media with the tape in an obvious smear campaign- and in complete disregard to how embarrassing it would be to the little girl.

You don't know that. None of us know who leaked that tape.

Unless we've been in the courtroom or read the legal papers involved in this case, it's ALL speculation. Of course each side is going to try and make the other look bad, that's what selfish people do in an ugly divorce.

Crap like this just makes me glad I'm not a celebrity, having complete strangers analyzing my personal life and making judgements based on tabloid rumours.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:05 PM   #70
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten

It is all speculation, but who else would have had access to the daughter's cell phone and voicemail? The mother. So Kim may not have leaked it to the media, but she DID give it at the least to her legal counsel. No matter who leaked it, it is personal and should not, IMO, have been done. It's been a long nasty battle between these 2 celebrities and it's just really sad it involves dragging their daughter into the public eye. How embarrassing. Whoever leaked it, it was a stupid move no matter who is at fault in their divorce.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:11 PM   #71
BAW
The Flower

Quote:
Originally posted by Carek1230

Whoever leaked it, it was a stupid move no matter who is at fault in their divorce.

Yup. I guess that's what it all comes down to. For the kid's sake, I hope the public airing of dirty laundry ends here.
Old 04-22-2007, 09:46 PM   #72
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

It was probably leaked by someone in Basingers camp who thought it would be of good use as in smear campaign against Alec. Stupid move as it causes more pain than anything else and it could end up back-firing on Basinger, I hate to say it.

On another note, has anyone stopped to think or read thru the speculation about Alec's alleged angry spouting that he wasn't pushed to that limit and that he was baited into doing what unfortunately happened? I've been in the same situation, nasty divorce and custody fight trying on advice of my lawyer to keep as cool as a cucumber no matter what, for the sake of my child as well as for my dignity.....but it's sometimes soooooo hard when the other side is baiting and egging you on. Just a thought.
Old 04-22-2007, 10:27 PM   #73
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Carek1230

It is all speculation, but who else would have had access to the daughter's cell phone and voicemail? The mother.
Exactly. Who exactly has access to the voice mail of an 11 year old but her mother! And who would RECORD it? How do you go about recording a voicemail anyway, and why would you do it? Nah rumors or not there really isn't any way you can't blame Kim for this. She made a tape of it, and it got out. Does anyone really believe a lawyer sent it to TMZ? Did the cleaning lady run off and sell it? Even if a tape was lying there who'd know what it was? There really isn't any way such a private thing could get out unless it was intentional? And I've never seen Kim deny giving it to TMZ.

Carek, I agree with all you've said about Alec. As a person who has been baited and egged on, backed into a reaction and criticized for it, I feel so bad for him.

And once again this is just so terrible that a private problem has gone public, and the one humiliated most will be the little girl. Can you imagine having to face your schoolfriends after this fiasco has been on TV? If anyone 'leaked' or intentionally gave it out hoping to hurt Alec, they sure didn't realize how it would hurt the girl and they should be ashamed.
Old 04-23-2007, 08:39 AM   #74
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 05:16 PM
I think its an overreaction. While I think its amazing there are people who have gone through life with their parents never uttering an isulting word at them, the reality is, everyone fights and in the middle of it, when you are soooooo pissed, and upset, you lash out. Pure and simple. The names i have called my parents, horrible. I think thoughtless little pig is right at the bottom of horrible things to say to a child - you should never have been born is right at the top - miles away from each other.

Do i think he shouldn't of said it - of course, because frankly, never put anything in write or "tapes" when your pissed because you never truly mean it.

I just think this is a horrible custody battle, and a horrible divorce, and really i couldn't give a shit - how many normal people are going through this. Its pure sensationalism yet again! I fucking hate the media. They're the real bastards in all of this. *slaps Mary Harts face*
Old 04-23-2007, 11:32 AM   #75
Blue Crack Distributor

i think we all need a time out