Alec Baldwin: Father of the Year - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 04-20-2007, 07:05 PM   #46
love, blood, life
Local Time: 02:15 AM
Originally posted by corianderstem
So ... how did TMZ get that private voicemail, anyway? It sounds like someone (Kim?) played it for the county commissioner or whatever, but who leaked it to the press?

My money's on the daughter herself. Have to admit, that's some pretty good payback for calling your daughter a "thoughtless little pig."

Or it was Kim who told TMZ. Which isn't as nice, and only makes things worse for the daughter, caught between her warring parents.
I'm wondering how they obtained the tape as well. Weird..

Old 04-20-2007, 07:19 PM   #47
love, blood, life
Local Time: 03:15 AM
Originally posted by one4u2

I'm wondering how they obtained the tape as well. Weird..
I wouldn't be surprised if it was the kid. She's probably going through puberty right now. Pubescent girls often act bitchy towards their parents and will do all they can to get back at them for every little thing. I know I did. And I deserved everything I received in return.

I don't blame Alec Baldwin for getting frustrated with his daughter. 11-year-old girls are frustrating. I cannot believe that so much press is being given to such a minor little thing. You'd swear he'd physically abused her and broken a bone or something.

Old 04-20-2007, 07:37 PM   #48
Blue Crack Supplier
I have an 11-year-old sister who's spoiled enough as it is, I can't imagine what she'd be like if she was a celebrity child caught in a custody battle. I understand Baldwin's situation and don't understand the huge brouhaha about it.

Hey, something's gotta fill the news break in-between an Anna Nicole or Britney story right?
Old 04-20-2007, 07:58 PM   #49
Blue Crack Addict
Originally posted by Windmilllane
If I were divorced and I had kids, I would regret having kids with my ex. That's why Alec Baldwin was so mean. He probably wishes he never had a kid with Kim Bassinger.
OK talk about a situation that would permanently damage a child's psyche, being sorry you ever had him or her?!?!?

Just because kids can be brats and parents can get angry doesn't mean they wish kids were never born!
Old 04-20-2007, 08:57 PM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 11:15 PM

Speaking from personal experiences I know my parents have lashed out at us with rude words (in spanish, mind you) in the past. It's unfortunate, and they would eventually apologize but people get stressed and angry and say and do things they later regret. Personally, I would take an insult over physical abuse any day. I'm not saying it's right, because it's not, but it happens, my parents are good, rational, calm people and even they have lost their cool. It sucks for the kid and anybody involved, it sucks it became public and I'm hoping Baldwin will have learned something positive out of this ordeal.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:11 AM   #51
Blue Crack Addict
I think people are going to approach this from different perspectives because we all bring our own experiences to the table.

Personally, I've never been hit by either of my parents, I've never been insulted in any way or called a name. EVER. Neither has my brother. They'd yell at us to go pick up after ourselves or something like that but I've never been so much as inferred to be an idiot even. It simply isn't my parents' style and I kind of find it shocking to read that it is the case for some others. But this isn't because I necessarily think it's wrong, it's just that it's not my experience and so I can't really begin to understand it.

I don't care what he does in his personal life, but nobody here is really right or wrong - we're just reacting to a situation given the way we were raised and obviously there's a range involved.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:19 AM   #52
love, blood, life
Originally posted by Chizip
I don't understand why this kind of stuff is public knowledge. Are we that desperate for celebrity gossip that we have to know about conversations between B list actors and their daughters?
Old 04-21-2007, 01:18 AM   #53
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 12:15 AM
I've heard the audio on the news

and it is quite damning.

He needs some serious therapy.

Anger management.

At this point

I don't care how the tape got out.

I don't thing a little girl should be called a pig. Ever.
Old 04-21-2007, 03:09 AM   #54
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 09:15 AM
I don't care if he and Kim Basinger have issues, and if they dragged their child(ren) into this, he is out of line talking to an 11 year old girl and his daughter like that. Especially for something relatively trivial like her not picking up the phone.

what anitram said.
Old 04-21-2007, 08:21 AM   #55
Local Time: 05:15 PM
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel

See Lie's post in response to mine. My mom and I once came to blows so badly she hit me but I was being a complete moron. Anyone who knows me even the slightest bit here knows I adore my mom - families fight, it happens, we get over it.

Also, I am not passing judgement; it's merely an observation. People can say whatever they want in response to the lives of celebrities. I'm posting in this thread so this essentially doesn't make me any "better" than any other poster in here, does it?

Yeah, but....How old were you guys when this happened? Were you going through the FBT (F***ing Bastard Teenager) stage at the time?

Once my mother said i was acting like a "slut" because i refused to come home and stayed at my boyfriends house.....I WAS 18!! (This was the only time it got this bad!.....*remembers* oh, there was the time when my dad ran after my boyfriends car after he dropped me off from going to the movies........and he was swearing and cursing and stuff all down the street, because he dropped me home 3 hours late....I was 16 ........still he did not call me anything derogatory!!)

I put my mum and Dad through hell from the age of 15-20yrs.......Mum and Dad used to lose it lots!!!

But C'mon............11 years old, Nah! You have to be in control.....I'm not saying you are not allowed to loose your cool but calling your 11 year old a "Pig" is not acceptable
Old 04-21-2007, 11:06 AM   #56
The Fly
Re: Alec Baldwin: Father of the Year

["Once again, I have made an ass of myself trying to get to a phone," adding, "you have insulted me for the last time."

, "I don't give a damn that you're 12-years-old or 11-years-old, or a child, or that your mother is a thoughtless pain in the ass who doesn't care about what you do." The irate Baldwin went on to say, "You've made me feel like s**t" and threatened to "straighten your ass out."

There's a difference between emotional abuse and discipline. And emotional abuse -- at least in my state -- is illegal. Baldwin's rant is focused on him, his needs, and his self-esteem, and to my mind, has the flavor of something an abusive spouse/partner would say to another adult. Baldwin doesn't "give a damn" that he's dealing with "a child" -- which to me is a red flag. Calling your child derogatory names is very different from yelling that your child is grounded because yet again s/he neglected the chores.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:11 PM   #57
Local Time: 07:15 AM
Team Ireland!
Old 04-21-2007, 12:23 PM   #58
Originally posted by inmyplace13
Who cares? I've been called worse and deserved it. It's not a big deal.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:59 PM   #59
Blue Crack Addict
Originally posted by fly so high!

Yeah, but....How old were you guys when this happened? Were you going through the FBT (F***ing Bastard Teenager) stage at the time?
Slapped in the face and yelled at? 5th grade, so....10 or 11, not that it really matters. I remember it well, not because I'm scarred by it, but it was the last time my dad ever got REALLY mad at me and it was the last time I ever pushed his limits.

But like anitram says, everyone's family dynamics are different, so what hurts or doesn't hurt me is not going to be the same for someone else.

I don't condone what he did at all and I'd never say something like that to a child OR an adult, but the whole situation isn't really any of our business.
Old 04-21-2007, 05:25 PM   #60
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!
Local Time: 12:15 AM
I've grown bored with this whole airing of Basinger-Baldwin dirty laundry in the public eye over their daughter. No matter who is right or who is wrong everyone is different and their feud has been on-going for a couple of years. There are 3 sides to every story too--in this case his, hers and then the truth. I feel badly for the poor child who is being manipulated and dragged through this needlessly if both parents and their legal counsel really cared about her. Such a pity, tsk tsk tsk......