Alec Baldwin: Father of the Year - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-20-2007, 09:16 AM   #16
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 07:57 PM
i've heard far worse coming from my neighbor across the street

this is a private, personal matter and should not be out in the open for the public to discuss.

Old 04-20-2007, 09:17 AM   #17
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:57 PM

I agree, there was no reason for any of us to hear it, but it's out there, so...I felt like commenting on it.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 04-20-2007, 09:23 AM   #18
Refugee

Local Time: 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
I heard about this on the news this morning. I can't even imagine if my dad ever talked like that to me.
I would be absolutely gutted too..............and i could never ever dream of talking to my kids like that!

But honestly.......you are left asking "Who is the grown-up" I don't blame her if she did this on purpose........I would not want to answer his calls if he carried on like a dickhead either! By the sounds of it it's not the first time he's gone off his rocker over this sort of thing.
Old 04-20-2007, 10:05 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Even though there's no excuse for it, I can understand his frustration. I have seen so much stuff like this in real life. You just don't know the other side of it. Kim is likely turning the kid against him, brainwashing her against her Dad, and either telling her not to talk to him or scaring the kid so bad of her father she won't talk to him. It's very sad. But don't think just because someone is a child they are sweet an innocent. I have experienced meanness and cruelty from kids worse than any adult.

Yes he had an improper outburst, and I wouldn't be surprised if Kim didn't set him up to infuriate him so she could tape him and make him look bad. It was a dirty trick, it's their private business and she had no business smearing his name all over the place. Also you don't know what SHE may have said to him, or even to the kid that may be worse. Please don't judge the guy until you know the whole story.

I feel sorry for them ALL.
Old 04-20-2007, 11:16 AM   #20
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by U2Kitten
Please don't judge the guy until you know the whole story.
I don't care WHAT happened, there is no excuse for a dad to talk to his 11 year old daughter that. Even if she did or said something nasty to him that we don't know about, he needs to be an adult and handle the situation in a mature fashion...not start swearing and threatening her.

Old 04-20-2007, 12:12 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
i've heard far worse coming from my neighbor across the street

Me too but mine were next door.

This should be a lesson to everyone, don't ever leave a voice mail to someone who will use it against you. I bet Kim has said just as bad or worse but she never got caught. These things always go both ways.
Old 04-20-2007, 12:33 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:57 AM
Disgusting.

She's a KID. She's 11. He's 49. She is his daughter. No love there at all?
Old 04-20-2007, 12:51 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick

I don't care WHAT happened, there is no excuse for a dad to talk to his 11 year old daughter that. Even if she did or said something nasty to him that we don't know about, he needs to be an adult and handle the situation in a mature fashion...not start swearing and threatening her.

COMPLETE overreaction. "Thoughtless pig"? Please. I´ve heard worse from parents who have a great relationship with their kids and all they´re doing is having an argument. You lose your temper and you say stuff like that. This whole issue is ridiculous and only made to sound as bad as it has because the guy´s a celebrity.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:08 PM   #24
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 04:57 PM
I'm sorry you think it's okay for parents to call their kids names, even in anger.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:16 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by corianderstem
So ... how did TMZ get that private voicemail, anyway? It sounds like someone (Kim?) played it for the county commissioner or whatever, but who leaked it to the press?

My money's on the daughter herself. Have to admit, that's some pretty good payback for calling your daughter a "thoughtless little pig."

Or it was Kim who told TMZ. Which isn't as nice, and only makes things worse for the daughter, caught between her warring parents.
TMZ guy was on the radio this morning and he implied that it was the daughter that allowed or wished for it to be leaked. It seems like this has been really ugly for years perhaps she's trying to get them to shut up and wake up.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:23 PM   #26
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:57 PM
ok, i've pulled some pretty crazy stuff on my exhusband and daisy was no angel either when it came to her dislike of her father. hoever, my exhusband would NEVER call her ANY derogatory names. its not an overreaction. not at all.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:30 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by icelle
ok, i've pulled some pretty crazy stuff on my exhusband and daisy was no angel either when it came to her dislike of her father. hoever, my exhusband would NEVER call her ANY derogatory names. its not an overreaction. not at all.
It´s an overreaction because all he did was get upset. He pays the bills doesn´t he? He´s there for her? He doesn´t "beat" her with a belt (God forbid, right?). I just think that it´s really unfair to judge an angry person when you´re calm. It´s two different mindsets.
Old 04-20-2007, 02:31 PM   #28
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by BrownEyedBoy

COMPLETE overreaction. "Thoughtless pig"? Please. I´ve heard worse from parents who have a great relationship with their kids and all they´re doing is having an argument. You lose your temper and you say stuff like that. This whole issue is ridiculous and only made to sound as bad as it has because the guy´s a celebrity.
If you truly think that what I said is a "COMPLETE overreaction", I'm just wondering if your parents ever talked to you like that...or if you would ever talk to your kids like that.

I couldn't care less if he is a celebrity or not, that has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion on this matter. I don't think ANY parent should talk to their child that way. I just really have a hard time making any excuse or justification for such behavior.

Old 04-20-2007, 02:40 PM   #29
Blue Crack Distributor

Lots of parents lose their cool and yell at their kids. It happens. Hell, it's happened to me lots of times. It doesn't mean that I was abused or my parents hate me. Personally, I think kids who were never yelled at and who were handled with kid gloves can turn out to be some of the most screwed up kids because they grow up not knowing how to handle any sort of conflict and they end up freaking out at the smallest thing once they do grow up. But, I'm getting off-topic here.

We're failing to look at other factors, which may be he tried calling nine times previous and this was the call in which he finally lost it, she could be a complete brat who's using this as a way to get something, it could be Kim Basinger's doing. Who knows? Who cares? This is just something else bored people feel the need to pass judgement on.

Old 04-20-2007, 02:43 PM   #30
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel
This is just something else bored people feel the need to pass judgement on.

So now you're passing judgement on those of us who have opinions on this?

I've been yelled at by my parents...rightfully deserved...but I was never sworn at and called names. Big difference.