Albums you keep meaning to buy but never get round to it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

oby

The Fly
I keep meaning to buy, The Verve's Urban Hymns but I always end up buying others instead.

Its one I need to have in my collection, think I should go on Amazon now and buy it!

But whenever I hear Bittersweet Symphony and The Drugs don't Work I feel I'm missing out.

I have Urban Hymns.. but I've never listened to it. *slaps hand*

Other albums:

Rufus Wainwright - Want Two (I love him, I have all his other albums, why do I never get this one?!)
Ted Leo and the Pharmacists - Shake the Sheets (ditto, except I own this one and never listen to it, ever)
Elvis Costello - My Aim is True

I have a problem with buying CDs and never listening to them. :|

there are so many albums i've been meaning to buy for ages that i haven't got around to buying. i'd be here all day listing them, and then someone would come along and remind me that there are still a bunch of other things i need to pick up.

i hate being broke.

"Zuma" by Neil Young and Crazy Horse. It was on my list for almost a year. I finally got it last week, and I can't stop listening to it.

Elvis Costello - Blood and Chocolate
Wilco - A Ghost Is Born
Angie Aparo - The American
George Harrison - All Things Must Pass

Last edited:
TONS! :scream:

I was just telling my boyfriend last night how much I love Elton John, yet I own none of his stuff! I also own no R.E.M. :reject:

So glad its not just me, asked the question at work today and EVERYONE came up with at least 1 album they want but never buy!

too many :|. and when I do get the chance to go cd shopping, i have difficulty choosing out what I want. sometimes i write it down on a piece of paper.. but i never buy it. then i put the cd aside for a month or so, and then get around listening to it. :eyebrow:

it's a strange habit of mine..

I've been meaning to get Hot Fuss for a while now...I always see it in the CD shop but never have cash on me. :(

I used to have a wishlist of cds just for when I'd go to the store, but I haven't looked at it in ages (probably a good thing)...

I've been meaning to get most of Bowie's catalog for years now, as well as George Harrison's other solo albums (outside of All Things Must Pass), Rufus Wrainwright, all of the post-death Jeff Buckley albums, Pink Floyd (I only own DSOTM, bad music fan am I), Sonic Youth, Sleater Kinney, etc.

The list is endless. :huh:

Now that I've reminded everyone of the albums they want perhaps I should start the actual buying!

I'm going into Edinburgh tomorrow, perhaps I'll get Urban Hymns if I pass HMV or Virgin!

I'll keep you posted..........

Good thread! :up:

These I've been meaning to either replace cos the burned copies I have are somewhat defective... or, only have the cassettes for!

Led Zeppelin - II
Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy
Def Leppard - Pyromania
Pink Floyd - Animals

Tapes...
Pearl Jam - Ten
Oasis - Morning Glory
Pink Floyd - The Wall
Led Zeppelin - IV

and on and on

Aardvark747 said:

:up:
Astonomy Domine sounds ace on that cd, as does the live 'Saucerful'...:drool:

Aargh! I like 'Saucerful...' live in it's own way, but the best performance of that track is by far from 'Live at Pompeii' and the quick and hasty 'Celestial Voices' at the end just annoys the hell out of me!

The best track on that album is 'Set the Controls for the Heart of the Sun' EXACTLY the way they should have done it live forever more!! The organ solo is just amazing!

Has anyone heard the 16 min version of Interstellar Overdrive from the Pink Floyd & Friends cd? It's great!

It's not a particular album, but I keep intending on buying more cds from Soma, but there seem to be quite a few and I can never make up my mind. Plus I keep losing their website (I like to order off band's websites whenever possible), so that doesn't help either. :huh:

Definately Maybe - Oasis
Awake - Live
Murmur - REM
New Adventures in HiFi - REM
Foo Fighters - Foo Fighters
Be Here Now - Oasis

Back
Top Bottom