Albums That Made You Fall In Love With An Instrument

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Paranoid Android began my love affair with the guitar.......Jonny:heart:

Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V) made me love the saxophone :heart:

Canadiens1160 said:
Marquee Moon made me fall in love with non-bluesy guitar.

You ever listened to Television's second album Adventure? Not as good as Marquee Moon but a forgotten classic in it's own right :drool:

Arcade Fire's accordion love on Funeral and Neon Bible. It's an instrument that's been a mainstay in traditional music for years here, but it's also been stuck in the mud...not really going any place special or different...until now :heart:

The Stones' You Can't Always Get What You Want made me appreciate the French horn. Considering the French horn's minor role in popular music, one song is enough to sway me :wink:

bob dylan's idiot wind made me a big fan of organs

arcade fire's use of strings in general is pretty cool

Gerry Rafferty's City to City (specifically the track "Baker Street") made me fall in love w/tenor sax. :drool: :drool: I even played it for a few years in high school. :bandgeek: :giggle:

Arcade Fire's use of strings is really appealing to me. I try and experiment a little with different sounds such as strings and brass when I write songs now (keyboard produced...).

061201034153.jpg

Tori Amos has made me realize over and over again how much I love the piano! Classic example: Cornflake Girl solo :combust:

U2 made me fall in love with the harmonica. RTSS :drool:

Arcade Fire - Neon Bible - strings/church organ/accordion :drool:

Pink Floyd - Dark Side.. - VCS3 Synthesizer, Lap steel guitar :combust:

Led Zeppelin - drums

GNR's Slash (Use Your Illusion I & II) helped with my love affair with the guitar!

The Rain Song - Led Zeppelin - Mellatron, but it's a love hate relationship, because most of the times it was played live, it was out of tune, but then again, so was Plant's voice. However, when it all came together ..... it was unbelievably beautiful.

Mandolin Wind - Rod Stewart - Mandolin .... introduced me to the sound of the mandolin and i've loved it ever since. It is still my favourite mandolin song

Back
Top Bottom