Albums That Hold You Hostage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
What albums refuse to let you go... that you listen to over and over again for days, weeks and months on end?

Right now for me it's BRMC's latest album Howl.

I've made a "the uknown U2" cd, wuth Mercy, Native Son, Do You Feel Loved (live), Hawkmoon (live), Night and Day, 11 O¡Clock Tick Tock (live)... that's on constant rigth now...

also when I bought X&Y, I had it all day long...

with HTDAAB too...

A Rush Of Blood To The Head

I'll go run and hide now

Gersey's Storms Dressed As Stars. When I first got it I could not turn the damned thing off...listened to it continuously (24/7) for a week, and then continued to listen several times each day for the next month or so.

The rerelease (with bonus material! :hyper: ) just arrived yesterday and I don't dare put it on for fear I will never listen to anything else.... :yikes: Every time I listen to it I just want to keep listening to it.

And I get hooked on just about every recent Church or SK solo/collaborative cd... I just had one where I listened to nothing else for about a month. I'm still listening to it all the time, but it's now in the mix instead of being exclusive.

U2's Unforgettable Fire album

and
the Smiths - the Queen Is Dead
Radiohead - the Bends

It's a compilation, but I've yet to grow tired of Placebo's Once More With Feeling: The Singles 1996-2004 in about a year.

HTDAAB is by far the most played album for me over the last year. Nothing even comes close. One copy stays in the car at all times and I have one in the house. After that though I would say probably Achtung Baby. That's my most played cd I own. The case is wrecked and the booklet is ruined and the cd looks like hell but still manages to play.:ohmy:

I highly recomend you check out "Not Exotic" by Dolorean. That CD put me in a trance when I first heard it and it didn't let go for weeks. Quality song writing, heartbreaking lyrics, all around beautiful.

Brian Eno's Another Green World currently is holding my hostage. I listen to some of it every day. It's like a lovely journey through a musical land of awesomeness.

Paul McCartney's latest solo effort Chaos & Creation In The Backyard is also holding me at gunpoint. Melancholy, dreary in parts, honest, wonderful :drool:

oh, this is easy for me

65daysofstatic - The Fall of Math
65daysofstatic - One Time for All Time
God is an Astronaut - All is Violent, All is Bright
Detwiije - Would You Rather Be Followed By Forty Ducks For The Rest Of Your Life

every day I listen weirder music

The album I never ever ever EVER get tired of???

POP, of course!

But Kid A was on constant rotation for a while... until I bought Hail to the Thief! :D

And Achtung Baby is definitely up there. :drool:

01 U2: ACHTUNG BABY - i listen to the baby for 14 years
02 RAMMSTEIN: Mutter / Reise, Reise / Rosenrot - i love all of their albums
03 QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE: Songs For The Deaf - best band of the 21st century

Howl has had a grip on me since it's release although I have been able to put it down for a week just to keep from getting sick of it.

I can't go a day without listening to at least something from Brian Jonestown Massacre's Tepid Pepermint Wonderland. I'm about the furthest thing from an indie hipster but this one has me thoroughly sucked in.

Zootlesque said:
The album I never ever ever EVER get tired of???

POP, of course!

But Kid A was on constant rotation for a while... until I bought Hail to the Thief! :D

And Achtung Baby is definitely up there. :drool:

let's get married plzthnx

I don't have Hail yet, so you reccommend it then? I'm definitely totally in love with Kid A right now. Amnesiac's good too. And The Bends is classic. I think OK Computer is actually my least favourite RH album now...maybe...but it's still :drool:

So, uh, yeah. Pop. Kid A. The Bends. Achtung (though as of late I've just been listening to Acrobat a whole bunch). I was hooked on Alien Ant Farm's 3rd Draft for awhile there, though now not as much since I got Kid A. Zooropa. Any U2 album really, that's why I'm here. Death Cab For Cutie's Plans. Porcupine Tree's In Absentia (Trains, mostly :drool: ). Bloc Party's Silent Alarm. and probably anything Zootlesque likes :wink:

AtomicBono said:

I don't have Hail yet, so you reccommend it then?

HELLSS YEAH!!! :rockon:
Just ask bsp, namkcuR, imp13 and the other good folks who recommended it to me. :wink:

AtomicBono said:

I'm definitely totally in love with Kid A right now. Amnesiac's good too. And The Bends is classic. I think OK Computer is actually my least favourite RH album now...maybe...but it's still :drool:

How did you become a Radiohead loonie like me all of a sudden? :happy:

AtomicBono said:

and probably anything Zootlesque likes :wink:

:eek: ... :hug:

:wink:

caragriff said:
super furry animals - love kraft

:up: that's an album I have to pay more attention, I have it but I don't listen to it often
is one of my favorite bands!

Back
Top Bottom