Albums of 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
elevation2u said:
Springsteen
I didn't forget Seeger Sessions :wink:

hmmm personally I liked the last Cash album..
but wouldn't call it a best for 2007
highlights for me are On the 309, Further On Up The Road, God's Gonna Cut You Down...

there are, however, a couple songs on the album that don't do anything for me

U2Man said:
Let's face it; 2006 was a pretty weak year in music.

I'm From Barcelona, The Pipettes, The Decemberists, Belle and Sebastian, Camera Obscura, Sonic Youth, Flaming Lips, The Knife, Yo La Tengo, The Thermals, The Hold Steady, Fujiya & Miyagi, Grizzly Bear, Liars, Band Of Horses, Jason Collett, Xiu Xiu, Islands, Mission Of Burma, Herbert, Thom Yorke, Nelly Furtado, Aloha, Junior Boys, Destroyer, Tapes 'n Tapes..........

And that's just the best bunch to prove you wrong. But I know a lot of you won't pull your ears off the radio due to training or being too lazy to seek out that which is good.

That said, 2005 managed to have even MORE amazing albums, so let's hope 2007 can match that peak. I'm already in love with the new Shins record, Wincing The Night Away.

Any year with new Springsteen and New Muse isnt a weak music year :wink:

And Whats this about a new Franz Album!?....Or Do I have to actually research this myself! :shifty:

Re: Re: Albums of 2007

BigMacPhisto said:

And that's just the best bunch to prove you wrong. But I know a lot of you won't pull your ears off the radio due to training or being too lazy to seek out that which is good.

:rolleyes:

BigMacPhisto said:

I'm From Barcelona, The Pipettes, The Decemberists, Belle and Sebastian, Camera Obscura, Sonic Youth, Flaming Lips, The Knife, Yo La Tengo, The Thermals, The Hold Steady, Fujiya & Miyagi, Grizzly Bear, Liars, Band Of Horses, Jason Collett, Xiu Xiu, Islands, Mission Of Burma, Herbert, Thom Yorke, Nelly Furtado, Aloha, Junior Boys, Destroyer, Tapes 'n Tapes..........

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that most of those albums weren't actually that great (and I think that some were downright awful), but I definitely agree with you on a fair enough share of 'em; to each, of course, his/her own.

Silent Shout, for example, is righteous, and I think that most people around these parts are more than a little familiar with my steadfast devotion to the best band in the world--The Hold Steady.

bono_man2002 said:
Any year with new Springsteen and New Muse isnt a weak music year :wink:

amen!

there's constant talk about an E Street record & tour next year... and strangely enough I'm not overly excited for this simply cause Devils & Dust & Seeger Sessions were so bloodily good I don't mind if he's solo. Nevertheless I'm sure the next album will be good whatever it may be..
:hmm:

BigMacPhisto said:
Yo La Tengo..........

More like 'No La Tengo'.

BOOSH

Re: Re: Re: Albums of 2007

If you shout... said:
and I think that most people around these parts are more than a little familiar with my steadfast devotion to the best band in the world--The Hold Steady.

After seeing their live show, it's hard to disagree. :wink:

U2Man said:

Do stop. You haven't heard most of these great albums, so quit pretending like 2006 was a bad year.

Last edited:
elevation2u said:

amen!

there's constant talk about an E Street record & tour next year... and strangely enough I'm not overly excited for this simply cause Devils & Dust & Seeger Sessions were so bloodily good I don't mind if he's solo. Nevertheless I'm sure the next album will be good whatever it may be..
:hmm:

:hyper:

Whatever happpens, I hope he comes to Australia!

LemonMacPhisto said:

when has that ever stopped?

Don't Believe the Truth was a very solid album, and if they continue along that route, their next album will be good too.

They're the best arrogant assholes around.

Indeed. I won't lie and say that their work post-Morning Glory has been solid, but DBTT impressed me, really. I might have even enjoyed parts of it MORE than Morning Glory(!)

The new record should be decent as long as they keep disciplined and focus on songs rather than a particular sound.

LemonMelon said:

Indeed. I won't lie and say that their work post-Morning Glory has been solid, but DBTT impressed me, really. I might have even enjoyed parts of it MORE than Morning Glory(!)

The new record should be decent as long as they keep disciplined and focus on songs rather than a particular sound.

I approve this post:up:

Paul Simon's album "Surprise" was one of his best EVER!....

2006 was THE comeback year for Barry Manilow. His album the "Greatest hits of the 50's" was his first No.1 in 30 years...and also fantastic. He has now released the "Greatest hits of the 60's" and it debuted at No.2 on Billboard.

2007 will be the year of Darren Hayes (ex-Savage Garden). He's just finishing recording of a double album of original material which is slated to be one of the most important releases of the coming year. A record with a new sound like nothing you've ever heard before and which is so NOT Savage Garden........

AchtungBono said:
Paul Simon's album "Surprise" was one of his best EVER!....

2006 was THE comeback year for Barry Manilow. His album the "Greatest hits of the 50's" was his first No.1 in 30 years...and also fantastic. He has now released the "Greatest hits of the 60's" and it debuted at No.2 on Billboard.

2007 will be the year of Darren Hayes (ex-Savage Garden). He's just finishing recording of a double album of original material which is slated to be one of the most important releases of the coming year. A record with a new sound like nothing you've ever heard before and which is so NOT Savage Garden........

Please don't take offense, but is this post supposed to be a joke or a serious assessment of 2006 and 2007? If it's serious, it's all good; more power to you, even though I couldn't possibly disagree any more fervently than I do.

Rock/adult contemporary on!

If you shout... said:

Please don't take offense, but is this post supposed to be a joke or a serious assessment of 2006 and 2007? If it's serious, it's all good; more power to you, even though I couldn't possibly disagree any more fervently than I do.

Rock/adult contemporary on!

Of course I don't take offense...you have every right to disagree with me, that's what we're here for, right?.....

As for my post, I was offering my personal opinions as to the past year and the coming year and, as I said, you can either agree or disagree....it's all good.

:hug: :hug:

Back
Top Bottom