Albums in 5.1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
I've been considering buying The Flaming Lips' last 3 albums (Soft Bulletin, Yoshimi..., and Mystics) in 5.1 Surround for a while now. Is it worth the buy?

I do have a 5.1 Surround Sound system, but I don't know how to make a copy for my car, CD player, or iTunes for that matter.

I'd recommend it if you had the 5.1 system in your car. My dad has it in his and has all three of those albums in 5.1 and they're spectacular. It's a completely different experience.

Sea Change is also available in 5.1 and it is amazing. Paper Tiger zooms in and out like you wouldn't believe.

What is the most popular format of 5.1? I have an awesome home theatre system and would love 5.1 music but I don't know if my player will play it.

You just reminded me now that I'm home I can finally listen to The Beatles LOVE in surround sound!!! :hyper:

Get them all. If you have a 5.1, its worth it. I haven't got Mystic yets, but Yoshima is great. The Mix is not a typical 5.1 mix (ok maybe typical for Flaming Lips). The drums move around clockwise on a couple of tracks. Very cool, and worth the few extra bucks for these. The last couple of NIN albums also come in 5.1, and they are the dual disc where its on the other side- nothing extra to buy. The last three songs on With Teeth, very cool in surround. And like already mentioned, Sea Change is probably the best surround sound album I have heard, with Guero a close second. If you like Beck, Guero is worth it for Broken Drum alone.

LemonMacPhisto said:
I do have a 5.1 Surround Sound system, but I don't know how to make a copy for my car, CD player, or iTunes for that matter.

If you have dvd audio ripping software you can rip the music as .wav file and make a regular cd. The rip will be in stereo but its not hard to do.

Back
Top Bottom