Albums and artists everyone loves, but you hate....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Smashing Pumpkins - I find their music awfully generic

Bob Dylan - mostly because his wheezy voice really gets on my nerves

Aimee Mann

Bruce Springsteen - I really like the man, but the music leaves me indifferent

Pearl Jam - Eddie Vedder is one of the best singers and frontmen ever, but I find their music boring as doorknobs

Led Zeppelin

Yes. Pink Floyd, Led Zep and Starsailor. I dont dislike them, but I dont love them.
I did once.

And I dont like upsetting people in these threads. Sorry BC. You can say you dont like Bush if you like. Lucky for me they're totally irrelevant these days and no one can even be bothered liking them, let alone hating them.
:sigh:

I'm afraid I despise 99.9% of rap/hip-hop, and all that manufactured pop that tries to sound like it belongs to the hip-hop genre. Also I hate Maroon 5 and songs that sound like they could have been written by them like 'are you gonna be my girl' by Jet.

Other than that I think I have the capacity to like any type of music or song (providing it's done well). I even find myself liking Arizona Smoke Revue which is some crazy country band.

Of course there are still loads of popular bands that I can't get into, such as metallica, radiohead, nirvana (kurt cobain :madspit:), but a full list would get pretty long...

Angela Harlem said:
And I dont like upsetting people in these threads. Sorry BC.

Aww, it's okay...I wasn't really THAT upset. I only cried for 2 hours as opposed to my usual 5 when I truly get upset. :wink:

Rush.... :yawn: the guy's voice....save me. it sounds like a dying dog waiting to be put out of my misery.
oh did I say that aloud. :uhoh:

Tool. :yuck: Any day now, a couple of my friends will stop trying to convince me that "if I just hear THIS album, I will "get it". I have heard the entire discography..... :crazy:

Tenacious D. The Darkness. .... The White Stripes... don't hate them though, just think they're boring.

Eirinn said:

Pet hate: Celine Dion :no: . What a bore! When I heard what did to Cyndi Lauper's 'I drove All Night', I nearly screamed :scream: !
I prefer to think of it as Roy Orbison's "I Drove All Night".
Either way Celine should be imprisoned.

I think this thread has single-handedly made me lose a massive amount of respect for nearly everyone that's posted in it. (ok, everyone)

Yay.

I'm sure you mean "musical respect" and not personal respect. I would never respect/disrespect someone because they don't like a band I do.

I think a lot of things were said here for no reason other than to hurt other peoples' feelings, I have no respect for that.

u2popmofo said:
I think a lot of things were said here for no reason other than to hurt other peoples' feelings, I have no respect for that.

I haven't seen that. I've just seen people saying whom they don't like (which they have a right to do).

just because I mentioned in the other thread that I do hate The Beatles now I wanted to state here how much I truly loath Radiohead to keep my Yin & Yang in balance :drool:

I have no idea what I was talking about in this thread earlier today, I dont feel that way at all. I was in a bizzarro mood, and would like to negate any comments I made. I feel pretty silly about it all, my apologies to everyone who had to read anything I wrote.

You guys (and gals :wink: ) all kick butt :up:

Nah sometimes people do seem to say things just to piss others off. It didn't seem like anyone was doing it this time round, but it's all good.
:up:

peter gabriel
phil collins
genesis
bruce springsteen
macy gray
slayer
evanesence (or however the hell you spell it... like i care.)
randy newman
hoobastank
kid rock

i think those are at the top of the list. there are many, many more.

Whitney Houston. There's not a shred of soul in any of her singing. It's all technique and showing off.

Eminem. If I have to hear one more person rave about what a genius poet he is, I will hurl.

Why is Matchbox Twenty mentioned? I don't know a single person who thinks they're any good. Oh well, I'm glad none of you like them either. :wink:

As for the list, Coldplay, Springsteen, Rolling Stones, The Clash, Muse, and many, many others. Granted, I don't hate these artists, rather I do respect them all to varying degrees. However, I just have never gotten into them which is what this thread is all about right?

Franz Ferdinand
Coldplay: Parachutes
The Verve: Urban Hymns
...i just don't like those CRY-BABY singsongs:down:

Wow, people ripping the Beatles.:sad:

Anywho, here are the bands that I could never get into but the world loves them for some reason:

Matchbox 20
Radio Head
anyone who fits into the Birttney/christina/justin mold
R&B
Janis Joplin
Rush

Back
Top Bottom