Album Lennon signed for killer for sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgette

ONE love, blood, life
Okay, speaking as a long-time Beatles fan, this made me sick. I don't know why anyone would want to own this.

NEW YORK (Reuters) -- The album John Lennon autographed for his assassin just five hours before the former Beatle was killed went up for sale on Friday for $525,000.

The copy of Lennon and wife Yoko Ono's "Double Fantasy," which sold for $460,000 four years ago, is being sold in part due to the recent frenzy of interest in Beatles memorabilia, according to the owner of the Web site selling the album.

"Beatles memorabilia is at an all-time peak," said Gary Zimet, owner of http:/www.momentsintime.com. "For years, their material was grossly undervalued."

Last week, Lennon's handwritten lyrics to the song "Nowhere Man" were sold at Christie's for $455,000 -- more than four times the expected price.

According to the site, the album's cover and dust jacket contain the "forensically enhanced" fingerprints of Lennon's killer, Mark David Chapman.

Chapman shot the pop star outside the Dakota apartment building, Lennon's Manhattan home, on December 8, 1980. The album was later found in a flower planter near the building and was used as evidence against Chapman.

:barf: ]

Yeah, that sucks. However, the worst thing ever was seeing his bloodied glasses at the HOF from the night he was killed. That totally ruined my day...I still can't believe they had those there.

That is wrong, and something is wrong with anyone who would sell or buy it. How disrespectful. People are so tasteless. I heard that the green satin suit Marc Bolin of T Rex got killed in was auctioned off with is blood still on it :mad:

~LadyLemon~ said:
:barf: ]

Yeah, that sucks. However, the worst thing ever was seeing his bloodied glasses at the HOF from the night he was killed. That totally ruined my day...I still can't believe they had those there.

that is stupid. it implies that it's more important for us to remember him for his death than for his life.

U2Kitten said:
That is wrong, and something is wrong with anyone who would sell or buy it. How disrespectful. People are so tasteless.

Agreed.

Why anyone would want something with that painful a memory attached to it is beyond me. :coocoo:.

Originally posted by U2Kitten
I heard that the green satin suit Marc Bolin of T Rex got killed in was auctioned off with is blood still on it :mad:

:tsk:...

Unbelievable.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom