alas, there is music other than U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marie1021

Babyface
:wave:
Hi, I want to start a discussion about recommendations for other music, other than our beloved U2.

I love experiencing new music.

Help me do so!!!!!

Well, as you flip through the pages of Bang and Clatter, you'll see nothing but music discussion.

What kinds of music do you like?

Welcome to Interference, btw :wave:

Other music than U2?

Naah, that's not true. There's no other music than U2, we just pretend we hear something different. :D

C ya!

Marty

P.S. Welcome! :wave:

We all know Radiohead is merely profligating different versions of Pop, now, don't we? ;)

Welcome! Feel free to look around, and take part in discussions. My musical collection has grown like mad since I started coming here.

radiohead because theyre the greatest band in the world, and will proove it yet again when they release their new album in three months.

Doves, Orbital, Conjure One, Lamb, Massive Attack, Blackalicious, Nitin Sawhney, REM, Way Out West, Radiohead, The Weakerthans, Dead Can Dance, Zero 7, Jeff Buckley, Sigur Ros, Shpongle, Quannum, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Underworld

Last edited:
Idlewild, Tom McRae, Doves, Elbow, Starsailor, Ed Harcourt, Mojave 3, the Delgados, Seafood, Oasis, Melaton, I Am Kloot, Ocean Colour Scene, the Verve, Nick Drake, My Morning Jacket, Beth Orton, Gemma Hayes, Simian, Ikara Colt

Coldplay, Pearl Jam, Daniel Lanois, The Wallflowers, Bob Dylan, Bruce Springsteen, Neil Young, Paul Simon, Simon and Garfunkel, Leonard Choen, PJ Harvey, Nirvana and The Chieftans are all worth looking into!

I'll just recommend one for now, seems like you've had enough anyways.

The Clash

great, keepm them coming guys...
just listening to some mp3's of the doves right now. So far I am very impressed.

i am loving this ...!!!!!

Ok, I'll give more then.

AFI, Idlewild, Audioslave, Zwan, The Cure, Bouncing Souls, Coldplay, Jurassic 5, Radiohead, The Smiths, Interpol, early REM

u2popmofo said:

:up: RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh yeah. I just bought Slanted and Enchanted: Luxe and Reduxe and I have just one thing to say:

WOW.

And that's just from listening to S&E; I haven't even begun to listen to all the extra stuff!

I'm sure everybody is expecting me to say Ryan Adams...and I hate to let people down...so...

Ryan Adams :D

You can listen to a lot of his music at his official site. Once it loads, click on "Records" on the box flap.

good morning,

ok..this morning I woke up to conjure one, and again I was impressed. I just knew that fans of U2 would have the best musical taste.
Ok, here are some of my favorites:

Vast, Portishead,Interpol,Jane Siberry, John Coltrane(awesome), Sunny Day Real Estate, Thrusday.
Enjoy!

yertle-the-turtle said:
I'm interested in Jane Sibbery, she's apparently a bit like Gemma Hayes (if I remember right) whom I absolutely adore.

What songs would you recommend?

I would start with freedom is gold, and first word from the cd-lips-music for saying it

Let me know what you think

My favourite bands are:

Coldplay
Red Hot Chili Peppers
REM
Radiohead
Dave Matthews Band
Travis
The Police

Im a sucker for female artists as well:
Alanis Morissette
Tori Amos
PJ Harvey
Fiona Apple
Bif Naked
Natalie Imbruglia
etc............

a lot of my favourite bands have already been listed, i've got some more to add that i really like. cos i'm a music junkie :D

the order of this list makes no sense because most of these bands ahve nothing in common, trying not to repeat any:
the pogues, dropkick murphys, stiff little fingers, live, counting crows, silverchair, nine inch nails, the spitvalves, barenaked ladies, flogging molly

and if you go to www.schoolforthedead.blogspot.com and check the side bar on the left of the screen there's about 7 or so mp3s, i reccommend all of them, but "soup of the moment", "uncomfortable", "omnivore", and "everybody loves martha" are the best. (the band's called school for the dead)

and as been said before, the clash. can't stress enough how necessary it is to own a couple clash albums.

Back
Top Bottom