a breath of fresh air ahhh :) - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 03-05-2002, 02:28 AM   #31
Elvis' Naughty Angel
Local Time: 07:20 AM
Well, with each passing album, I seem to like Alanis more and more. Couldn't stand her when "Jagged Little Pill" came out, but now that it's 'not cool' to like her, it seems that I do. What can I say? I guess I like whining crap. Oh, and Princessbadgirl, never be afraid to admit to what you like! Be bold, be proud! Music is so personal, I don't understand how anyone can put an award to it.

As for PJ, I have been a fan since "To Bring You My Love" came out. Saw her live for the first time 6 or 7 years ago and she still rocks.

Old 03-05-2002, 02:47 AM   #32
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 06:20 AM
Y'know back on the subject of albums that resonate with you after a painful break-up, I just realized that PJ's "Stories" album was the CD that helped me in the aftermath of my break-up. It was edgey enough to give me an emotional release when I needed it (ie. Kamikaze) but also had enough balance and wistfulness to give me perspective. There was something completely cathartic and almost spiritual about being a few feet away from her at Boston 4 and hearing that line from Horses..."I have pulled myself clear..." It just sent me into tears. Annnyways, that was rambly and probably didn't make any sense. lol. But yeah, for what it's worth, PJ is the artist that I would say resonates at least with me on the heels of a break-up.

oh and I do have a hazy memory of realllly liking one of Alanis' songs a few years ago but I cannot for the life of me remember what it was. It was acoustic, I think, but beyond that I forget.